Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    May very well, but TR: DE looks every bit a current gen game in comparison to any other game on the market right now. Call it a facelift or whatever. Doesn't matter. Was it rebuilt from the ground up? Who cares? The game looks and plays like it was built just for the PS4.
    Sure does. Some jaw dropping stuff.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    i didn't see anything in the next gen TR game that would make me pay for it again.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    i didn't see anything in the next gen TR game that would make me pay for it again.
    I doubt there are many games that I would buy again because the graphics were updated. I'm just glad I was able to get the best version the first the first time around.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    May very well, but TR: DE looks every bit a current gen game in comparison to any other game on the market right now. Call it a facelift or whatever. Doesn't matter. Was it rebuilt from the ground up? Who cares? The game looks and plays like it was built just for the PS4.
    It plays exactly the same as it did last gen.
    And what is your basis for comparisim? Compared to what other PS4 only built games? Isn't it a bit early to be throwing that one out there?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Err because they are graphical tweaks, they are taking whats already there and adding to it. Not sure why that an offensive word to you. Dude, you need to take a chill pill, no one ever said the game is not an improvement, but thats what they are improvements, not rebuilds. Do you really think TR would look like that if it was built from the ground up for next gen? Fark, Uncharted 4 is going to piss on your Tomb Raider: DE.
    First of all I see you playing your usual innocent victim role when you get called out for a statement you made. Oh, calm down bro, I didnt mean it like that, not sure why thats offensive to you. lol Please bro. Once again I remember you creaming yourself over Halo anniversary on the 360 so why is this game so different? Halo anniversary was just a graphical improvement. Other than that what else did they do? Same exact game mechanics, map sizes, etc. but you were over the moon about that one. Thats what I mean about your viewpoints being selective. Thats why I can never take your "opinions" seriously. Ok, I'm sorry I said I was out and here I am taking the bait again. lol Lets try this again, I'm out. Peace.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-04-2014 at 00:35.

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    It plays exactly the same as it did last gen.
    And what is your basis for comparisim? Compared to what other PS4 only built games? Isn't it a bit early to be throwing that one out there?
    Little things like usage of the controller light make subtle differences. So no....not "exactly" the same.

What do you think I'm going to compare it to? Too early? What?

TR is on top-end of games this gen, last gen version be damned.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    I think the graphical improvements are significant. It's justified in this case and those that didn't buy it on the PS3 and got it for the PS4, they weren't disappointed. In this case it was a justified success and rightfully so.

I didn't get the game, but I can see why people would want it on the PS4.
    Last edited by Demi_God; 03-04-2014 at 01:08.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    I think the graphical improvements are significant. It's justified in this case and those that didn't buy it on the PS3 and got it for the PS4, they weren't disappointed. In this case it was a justified success and rightfully so.

I didn't get the game, but I can see why people would want it on the PS4.
    if you've never played the game before, I'd say go ahead and get it because its a awesome game.However, I don't think the improvements to the entire game are that significant. It's basically the same game with some graphical enhancements.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    So this DF article about KZ MP is from Richard Leadbetter? MDF Leadbetter? Hmm...lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-04-2014 at 01:50.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    First of all I see you playing your usual innocent victim role when you get called out for a statement you made. Oh, calm down bro, I didnt mean it like that, not sure why thats offensive to you. lol Please bro. Once again I remember you creaming yourself over Halo anniversary on the 360 so why is this game so different? Halo anniversary was just a graphical improvement. Other than that what else did they do? Same exact game mechanics, map sizes, etc. but you were over the moon about that one. Thats what I mean about your viewpoints being selective. Thats why I can never take your "opinions" seriously. Ok, I'm sorry I said I was out and here I am taking the bait again. lol Lets try this again, I'm out. Peace.
    Again, not sure where you think I'm "downplaying" the graphics on the PS4 version, my point was about frame-rate not the way the graphics look.
    Bringing Halo into this is pointless the differences between those two versions were vastly different to the differences between TR, they remodeled everything. It was a remake, not a "version" of the same game.
    I know what I said, and anybody who wanted to stop reading into what they think I said, and read what I said and in context of exactly what we were talking about knows what I meant. You are hell bent on somehow saying I was saying the PS4 version was graphically the same as the PS3 version, its not.
    Try reading thing in context of what we are talking about and not what you feel offended for, what I said about TR: DE applies equally to the XBO version as it does the PS4 if you want to focus on the graphical aspects of the game.
    Last edited by mynd; 03-04-2014 at 01:51.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Again, not sure where you think I'm "downplaying" the graphics on the PS4 version, my point was about frame-rate not the way the graphics look. Bringing Halo into this is pointless the differences between those two versions were vastly different to the differences between TR, they remodeled everything. It was a remake, not a "version" of the same game. I know what I said, and anybody who wanted to stop reading into what they think I said, and read what I said and in context of exactly what we were talking about knows what I meant. You are hell bent on somehow saying I was saying the PS4 version was graphically the same as the PS3 version, its not. Try reading thing in context of what we are talking about and not what you feel offended for, what I said about TRE applies equally to the XBO version as it does the PS4 if you want to focus on the graphical aspects of the game.
    Offended mynd? No, its called disagreeing with you. Sometimes that happens in a discussion. Bringing Halo into it was just me showing an example of your double standards and selective and biased reasoning. A good example of it I might add. Oh look, its almost time for wrestling. Gotta see what Brock Lesner is gonna do about Undertaker putting him through a table last week. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-04-2014 at 01:58.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Offended mynd? No, its called disagreeing with you. Sometimes that happens in a discussion. Bringing Halo into it was just me showing an example of your double standards and selective and biased reasoning. A good example of it I might add. Oh look, its almost time for wrestling. Gotta see what Brock Lesner is gonna do about Undertaker putting him through a table last week. lol
    Might have been a good example if TR: DE had completely remastered all the models.

Not really the same.

I suggest you wait to see what UC4 does to the TR genre.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    if you've never played the game before, I'd say go ahead and get it because its a awesome game.However, I don't think the improvements to the entire game are that significant. It's basically the same game with some graphical enhancements.
    The graphical and resolution improvements are pretty significant. I won't get it though because I'm not really into Tomb Raider. I liked the first one that I played on the PS1, but that was it.

Forum Overseer

honestly, even if mynd was impressed with Halo remake, it doesn't matter because he never bashed the game to begin with. all he noted was factual data. we weren't talking about how pretty the game looks...the point was what was done with it...he is 100% accurate in what he said. in fact, he is accurate about the Halo remake as well.

Had we seen a TR remake with next-gen graphics...later in the generation, that would make it a proper remake. TR is not a remake, it's just a face lift, nothing more.

It's like they redid the PC version (which they did) and added more details and redid Lara's model. That's it!

the point isn't that it's not good-looking, the point is that it is just an upgrade from a last gen game. do we even know why that was brought into the conversation? because i don't think that was the point of the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    honestly, even if mynd was impressed with Halo remake, it doesn't matter because he never bashed the game to begin with. all he noted was factual data. we weren't talking about how pretty the game looks...the point was what was done with it...he is 100% accurate in what he said. in fact, he is accurate about the Halo remake as well.

Had we seen a TR remake with next-gen graphics...later in the generation, that would make it a proper remake. TR is not a remake, it's just a face lift, nothing more.

It's like they redid the PC version (which they did) and added more details and redid Lara's model. That's it!

the point isn't that it's not good-looking, the point is that it is just an upgrade from a last gen game. do we even know why that was brought into the conversation? because i don't think that was the point of the discussion.
    Doesn't matter if it is a facelift or a remake. Seriously......who cares? The end result is what matters. Or, at least, that is what SHOULD matter. There is nothing last gen about TR: DE. All this other "100% accurate" about assets being reused and whatever....sigh......makes me think it is about time mynd gets a current gen console. He has been on the outside looking in too long.

How'd we get on this, you ask? Hell....I don't know.

Uh.....I like 1080p. There. Back on topic.

16. Likes mistercrow, Admartian likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Doesn't matter if it is a facelift or a remake. Seriously......who cares? The end result is what matters. Or, at least, that is what SHOULD matter. There is nothing last gen about TR: DE. All this other "100% accurate" about assets being reused and whatever....sigh......makes me think it is about time mynd gets a current gen console. He has been on the outside looking in too long.

...em you probably should go back and try to follow the conversation that started this discussion.

Forum Overseer

mynd never said anything about the looks, crow took it that way. that's all there's to it.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    I went back and followed up the conversation myself and it actually changed to TR because of what was said it. That is how this whole thing got started. It started on page five, half way down the page or so. and it's continuing on this page. I read, I read, wooohooo!

Anyway....ummmm....yeah, cool. lol

mynd never said anything about the looks, crow took it that way. that's all there's to it.
    He did in the post I responded to. How crow took something or another.....nothing to do with my posts.

Do you really think TR would look like that if it was built from the ground up for next gen?
    Fark, Uncharted 4 is going to piss on your Tomb Raider: DE.
    And that was the part I took issue with. Regardless if TR: DE was a "facelift" or whatever, it is among the best as far as graphics go this gen so far.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    He did in the post I responded to. How crow took something or another.....nothing to do with my posts.

And that was the part I took issue with. Regardless if TR: DE was a "facelift" or whatever, it is among the best as far as graphics go this gen so far.
    Wait so you are saying it wouldn't have looked different if it had been done for next gen only?
    You know this how?
    I didn't say it looked awful as it was. I just said it would have looked different.
    Last edited by mynd; 03-04-2014 at 04:35.

Forum Sage
    You really should try to follow the conversation.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Might have been a good example if TR: DE had completely remastered all the models. Not really the same. I suggest you wait to see what UC4 does to the TR genre.
    Looks like nothing more than a nice graphical facelift. Just like TR. Dont see your point. I've played both unlike you so I think I'm in a better position to talk about the extent of TR DE graphical improvements than you are. lol The graphical improvements in TR are significant. Your opinion might actually mean something if you had actually played through both versions. But since you haven't then you have no leg to stand on. I speak from actual hands on experience from playing both versions while you speak on this from conjecture and bull$#@!. Thats the difference between your "opinion" and mine. And of course UC4 will look way better so what? Whats that got to do with with how TR DE looks compared to last gen TR. I expect UC4 to look amazing, its ND afterall. So anyway what was the actual topic again? 1080p or something? lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-04-2014 at 06:05.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Doesn't matter if it is a facelift or a remake. Seriously......who cares? The end result is what matters. Or, at least, that is what SHOULD matter. There is nothing last gen about TR: DE. All this other "100% accurate" about assets being reused and whatever....sigh......makes me think it is about time mynd gets a current gen console. He has been on the outside looking in too long. How'd we get on this, you ask? Hell....I don't know. Uh.....I like 1080p. There. Back on topic.
    Definitley this. ^ Poor mynd is missing out. But he likes to tell himself that hes not. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-04-2014 at 06:00.

Forum Overseer

regardless of Halo remake being a facelift or not. TR would absolutely look far better (especially if under the right developer) if it had been made with next-gen consoles in mind only. i'd even take out PC from that equation.

Halo remake would've also absolutely looked far better if it wasn't just a remake...if Bungie had re-developed the game with 360's strengths, it would've looked as good as the new Halo games.

as for TR looking as good as any next-gen game, no one is disagreeing with that. the problem is that we're comparing a bunch of ports against one another, that's it. i'd say even KZ is a rushed port...i highly doubt they built the engine from scratch for KZ.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    regardless of Halo remake being a facelift or not. TR would absolutely look far better (especially if under the right developer) if it had been made with next-gen consoles in mind only. i'd even take out PC from that equation. Halo remake would've also absolutely looked far better if it wasn't just a remake...if Bungie had re-developed the game with 360's strengths, it would've looked as good as the new Halo games. as for TR looking as good as any next-gen game, no one is disagreeing with that. the problem is that we're comparing a bunch of ports against one another, that's it. i'd say even KZ is a rushed port...i highly doubt they built the engine from scratch for KZ.
    Well of course. Nobody is saying that it wouldn't look even better if it was built from the ground up for next gen. Even purely next gen games will start looking even better as we progress through this generation. In fact despite all the arguing we're propably in agreement about more things than we think. And theres obviously been some misunderstanding or miscommunication among everybody involved in this little "discussion." lol

Thread Information