Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 244
  1. #201
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    629
    Rep Power
    9
    Points
    10,297 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I don't know what next gen games you've been playing because ive seen stuff like frame drops and jaggies on games. So far i can't say the jump is that large. Sure, you can see the difference between last gen and this one and it just a prettier more shiner versions. Gameplay is still the same and most games are still around 30FPS.
    So you have seen the differences. Moving jaggies and screen tear are extremely annoying. It also changes the experience quite a lot.

    I showed this pic just in other thread.



    That is 900p to 1080P. It is quite large.

    Again, same reason why 1080P TV pretty much took over nowdays. I enjoy watching my movies in crystal clear 1080P over 720P which now looks muddy.
    Last edited by AttackTitan; 03-13-2014 at 03:34.

  2. #202
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,912
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    60,530 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by AttackTitan View Post
    So you have seen the differences. Moving jaggies and screen tear are extremely annoying. It also changes the experience quite a lot.

    I showed this pic just in other thread.



    That is 900p to 1080P. It is quite large.

    Again, same reason why 1080P TV pretty much took over nowdays. I enjoy watching my movies in crystal clear 1080P over 720P which now looks muddy.
    You can see differences but it doesn't really change the experience. At least not for me it doesn't. That doesn't mean we won't see huge differences later on.

  3. #203
    Dedicated Member
    Sajuuk Khar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,399
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    8,831 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I don't know what next gen games you've been playing because ive seen stuff like frame drops and jaggies on games. So far i can't say the jump is that large. Sure, you can see the difference between last gen and this one and it just a prettier more shiner versions. Gameplay is still the same and most games are still around 30FPS.
    Thats because a fair amount of games are still having to take previous gen into consideration. Watch dogs, BF4, COD,Ground Zeros and even Titanfall are all having to take previous gen limitations when designing levels and game play. Which is why we are mostly getting nice jumps in resolution and texture quality and maybe frame rate, but not huge jumps which we will get eventually. Games like Batman Arkham Knight start to hint and what happens when you move on from previous gen games. The Batmobile game asset comes in at around 160MB, which simply isn't viable to have on previous gens as that would be close to a 3rd of total usable memory on a single asset. Also you get more focus spent on less platforms so there is more time and money spent on each port.

    But 30vs60 is never going to go away. 60fps all the time would be nice, but realistically I feel it can come down to the game type and play style. Story based RPG with expansive views and nice steady pace is acceptable to play on 30fps, online multiplayer first or 3 person shooter 60 would be better.

  4. #204
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,632
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    1,056 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Those believe what they want too believe, the world is messed up enough to actually not care for crap that will be fixed...

    Sent by using my fingers. How else can you
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  5. #205
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Vulgotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,953
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    107,782 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by AttackTitan View Post
    It actually is quite large jump. Not having to worry about screen tear. Or framedrop. or those annoying dam jaggies. Those are quite big difference in experience. Not being constantly being pestered would be huge improvement in experience.

    Also, you can tell clear difference from 720P to 1080P. I could see everything so much more clear in my 60 Inch LED TV. Even in movies, I see clear difference when I see 1080P movies to 720P.



    But it is running on Source Engine. One engine that is supposed to provide rock solid performance.
    Uh, it really doesn't in this case. Xbox One performance shows this and even on PC (for NO reason!) the game occasionally crawls when Titans are walking around.

    Honestly this game is not impressive. I'm annoyed that I spent like $130 on it total.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 03-13-2014 at 15:35.


  6. #206
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,557
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    108,112 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Uh, it really doesn't in this case. Xbox One performance shows this and even on PC (for NO reason!) the game occasionally crawls when Titans are walking around.

    Honestly this game is not impressive. I'm annoyed that I spent like $130 on it total.
    that's because you're a young'un.

  7. #207
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,708
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    60,482 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Uh, it really doesn't in this case. Xbox One performance shows this and even on PC (for NO reason!) the game occasionally crawls when Titans are walking around.

    Honestly this game is not impressive. I'm annoyed that I spent like $130 on it total.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    that's because you're a young'un.
    My Great Gran lived to be 101 years old and she always said "Make no snap decisions"

  8. #208
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,912
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    60,530 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Uh, it really doesn't in this case. Xbox One performance shows this and even on PC (for NO reason!) the game occasionally crawls when Titans are walking around.

    Honestly this game is not impressive. I'm annoyed that I spent like $130 on it total.
    I've rarely had that happen when I play it. Maybe once or twice but nothing that happens often enough to hamper gameplay. It plays just like the beta except more fun.

  9. #209
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,557
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    108,112 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    well, it's definitely possible that it doesn't always happen. just like BF4 is MOSTLY 60fps but there are times i've seen it drop to 50, i've seen it drop to 30-40 for a little while, sometimes can go below 30 (somewhere around 20) for a few moment, have even seen it chugging at less than 10fps... but those are rare moments.

    how severe is this drop is what matters. those problems in BF4 isn't a big deal to me as it has only happened to me maybe...a total of 5 minutes compared to the 100 or so hours i've already spent on the PS4 version.

    i wouldn't be surprised if titanfall got 2m or so sales shortly. what we can definitely assume is that titanfall 2 will likely have a much higher budget...so we will likely not see these issues.
    Last edited by Omar; 03-13-2014 at 17:15.

  10. #210
    Forum Sage
    BBK..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,801
    Rep Power
    88
    Points
    39,747 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    BF4 on PS4 drops to 10fps?


    BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

  11. #211
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,557
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    108,112 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    yup, but it's clearly a glitch because it happens randomly, not necessarily in the heat of the battle.

    i've seen it go down like that when the sandstorm is beginning to hit very hard (in the middle of the storm) though it happens for about 10-15 seconds but then goes away. i don't think it happens because of the sandstorm but if there's a lot of stuff going down around you and that hits, the game sort of crashes down because it's not very optimized.

    now if it was consistently doing that then yeah i would think the system can't handle it. this just seems like they didn't really kink out the issues.

  12. #212
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    14,277
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    31,916 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Lol I have not experienced this 10fps drop on bf4

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

  13. #213
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,557
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    108,112 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    only happens in 64 player matches in certain maps at very specific times but rarely. i've seen it maybe 4-5 times on the sandstorm map. (Oman)

  14. #214
    Apprentice
    N0REGARD4LIFE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Posts
    446
    Rep Power
    12
    Points
    1,283 (0 Banked)
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I've rarely had that happen when I play it. Maybe once or twice but nothing that happens often enough to hamper gameplay. It plays just like the beta except more fun.
    Really? Because I get some pretty nasty frame rate drops regularly on certain maps. It's very hard to believe TF is a next gen game.

  15. #215
    Apprentice
    N0REGARD4LIFE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Posts
    446
    Rep Power
    12
    Points
    1,283 (0 Banked)
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Lol I have not experienced this 10fps drop on bf4

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    I have during Levolution events on Siege and Hainan, though I think the last few patches fixed that. Other than that, no drops to 10fps for me either.

  16. #216
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,912
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    60,530 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by N0REGARD4LIFE View Post
    Really? Because I get some pretty nasty frame rate drops regularly on certain maps. It's very hard to believe TF is a next gen game.
    I got frame drops when i played BF, KZ, and COD. Titan Fall isn't as bad as any of those IMO.

  17. #217
    Valar Morghulis
    Serinous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Posts
    10,873
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    21,056 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I got frame drops when i played BF, KZ, and COD. Titan Fall isn't as bad as any of those IMO.
    isn't as bad? meaning titanfall don't have framer rate drop as bad as KZ or Ghost or BF? really? are we still talking about the X1 version? lol wtf




  18. #218
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    14,277
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    31,916 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    OMG this guy! There is no end to this madness

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

  19. #219
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,557
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    108,112 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    BF4 only gives me those horrible frame rates during gulf of oman when the sandstorm is occuring and there are a lot of things going on at once...and it doesn't always occur it's some sort of a glitch, it doesn't always happen and it's not replicable. hence why i think it's an optimization glitch, they probably just need to patch it up.

  20. #220
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,912
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    60,530 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    isn't as bad? meaning titanfall don't have framer rate drop as bad as KZ or Ghost or BF? really? are we still talking about the X1 version? lol wtf
    Have you played the game?

  21. #221
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,557
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    108,112 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Have you played the game?
    here's the thing, you're saying that it doesn't have much issues...tons of people are saying there is. judging from what i've seen you say and how much truth there is to it, i'm going to take my chances with the other tons of people that are complaining about performance.

  22. #222
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Vulgotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,953
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    107,782 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yea. I own and play it on a pretty beasty rig and it still has some absurd slow downs during fights. For no reason.

    Meanwhile I play BF4 on High or Ultra and I get equivalent fps. Given how much better BF4 (and Frostbite) is, I would expect across the board inferior results vs Titanfall. But it is usually equivalent or only slightly worse at some of the highest settings.

    tldr; Monkeys coded this game.


  23. #223
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,557
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    108,112 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Yea. I own and play it on a pretty beasty rig and it still has some absurd slow downs during fights. For no reason.

    Meanwhile I play BF4 on High or Ultra and I get equivalent fps. Given how much better BF4 (and Frostbite) is, I would expect across the board inferior results vs Titanfall. But it is usually equivalent or only slightly worse at some of the highest settings.

    tldr; Monkeys coded this game.
    lol or just a very small team with a very small budget. no?

    i think frostbite will be way more efficient once it drops support for last-gen consoles and get that filthy code out of there and make more room for next-gen efficiencies.

  24. #224
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,322
    Rep Power
    83
    Points
    30,849 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I reckon devs will start getting good at running highly paralleled jobs on these APUs in the next year. Most of them have to optimize their engine's multithreading capabilities. Naughty Dog said that they got their engine ported not too long ago and everything is running ultra low res right now. It will get better through development

  25. #225
    overstepping the mark
    -Shafty-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Age
    40
    Posts
    8,423
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    38,542 (10,700 Banked)
    Items User name style
    iv had super slow mo on bf4 once or twice,on hainan,and at random times. last one was whn someone threw a smoke grenade! not had any issues for a while tho


    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.