Page 1 of 8 1 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Superior Member

Insider: Xbox One will Forever Struggle with 1080P

http://www.gamepur.com/news/13712-th...-xbox-one.html

"@EricMORAND1976 they were struggling to even hit 900p with it from what I heard.

Both are locked at 30. Because reasons :/"

More importantly

"@Golf_Rat @derrickgott007 @vicious696 @JVB @OCK__ @KNOXbroadcast Xbone will have problems with 1080p forever due to the ESRAM and GPU"

Huge concern since if people were assuming that X1 may be able to climb to 1080P with better optimization at some sacrifice.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Isn't this a rehash?

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    If that's the way it's going to be then surely, I am assuming, Microsoft new it all along. I don't get it. Why would you purposely design a console that is inferior to your main competitor?

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    If that's the way it's going to be then surely, I am assuming, Microsoft new it all along. I don't get it. Why would you purposely design a console that is inferior to your main competitor?
    Theory 1: Different market?

They may have been following Nitendo's business strategy of "blue ocean". Basically targeting bigger mass other than core gamers. When the business plan worked, Nintendo made fortune with Wii.

Theory 2: MS may have found out about Sony spec too far down the road.

I am sure MS knew some info, but most likely they may have found out too late. Even 2 years before launch, there may not have been much MS could have done. As soon as MS found out, they tried hard to increase speed of CPU and GPU.

That goes to show that MS was not OK with having inferior hardware.

Forum Overseer
    because they are trying to grab the "social" gamer as well. i say social instead of casual because social are the ones that play FB games. they will look at this and go, wow...voice commands, so will the casual. Windows 8 is likely for these people, that would find apps useful.

if MS can get these people, the rest won't matter. the graphics are good enough for next-gen, they are just not as good in comparison, that's the problem. take PS4 out of the equation, if you only had the X1 to go by, you would not think there was anything wrong there.

the people who are getting an xbox, would likely never get the PS4. what is there on the PS4 that non-gamers or casuals would want? nothing i can think of. the madden/nba people won't give a crap about this stuff. the COD people won't either.

right now PS4 is getting a boost because all the hardcore people are going for it. Sony is going to be in potential trouble later once the market starts to change...if it does of course. i can't say if it will this generation or the next.

honestly whatever MS is doing isn't bad, especially since they did not want to compete directly with their side of exclusives vs Sony's. also that would not necessarily result in anything good either, they would both just bleed if they tried to grab one market. now with Nintendo out the way, MS has a clear shot at the same people Nintendo can't get back.

so from an overall perspective i like what they did with the X1, i would put the X1 close after the PS4...whereas the Wii U is at the bottom for me due to lack of software.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    because they are trying to grab the "social" gamer as well. i say social instead of casual because social are the ones that play FB games. they will look at this and go, wow...voice commands, so will the casual. Windows 8 is likely for these people, that would find apps useful.

if MS can get these people, the rest won't matter. the graphics are good enough for next-gen, they are just not as good in comparison, that's the problem. take PS4 out of the equation, if you only had the X1 to go by, you would not think there was anything wrong there.

the people who are getting an xbox, would likely never get the PS4. what is there on the PS4 that non-gamers or casuals would want? nothing i can think of. the madden/nba people won't give a crap about this stuff. the COD people won't either.

right now PS4 is getting a boost because all the hardcore people are going for it. Sony is going to be in potential trouble later once the market starts to change...if it does of course. i can't say if it will this generation or the next.

honestly whatever MS is doing isn't bad, especially since they did not want to compete directly with their side of exclusives vs Sony's. also that would not necessarily result in anything good either, they would both just bleed if they tried to grab one market. now with Nintendo out the way, MS has a clear shot at the same people Nintendo can't get back.

so from an overall perspective i like what they did with the X1, i would put the X1 close after the PS4...whereas the Wii U is at the bottom for me due to lack of software.
    Yeah, it isn't bad for me personally. Just something I don't get I guess. The res doesn't matter as long as the game looks good and plays well; like I said in the other thread. I don't think the console market is going to change this generation.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Yeah, like I said, doesn't make sense at all. I think the sales are showing Microsoft exactly that. Unless of course, they are ok with not "competing" with the PS4, as long as they are ahead of the 360 in the perspective time frames.

Still making me smh though.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Yeah, like I said, doesn't make sense at all. I think the sales are showing Microsoft exactly that. Unless of course, they are ok with not "competing" with the PS4, as long as they are ahead of the 360 in the perspective time frames.

Still making me smh though.
    This reminds me of people posting a few months back that "MS is not trying to compete with ps, they going after apple and such with an all in one console". Yet those same people are now defending it making up excuses.(not saying you)
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    This reminds me of people posting a few months back that "MS is not trying to compete with ps, they going after apple and such with an all in one console". Yet those same people are now defending it making up excuses.(not saying you)
    I happen to think that MS may not be directly trying to compete with Sony hence the weaker console. I am not making excuses for MS, but you could tell by MS's decision. MS had many things in mind other than gaming.

I am not saying it is bad thing, but it has not paid off exactly as MS has hoped for.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Those people just go with whatever is convenient to their argument at the time. Thats why they cant be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Maybe in the past that had a little truth to it, but to say they are less focused on games right now doesn't seem to fit that anymore. How can anyone say that looking at their lineup? 2014 for them is looking stronger than anything else out there in my opinion, and they have arguably the hottest game of the year releasing in a few weeks and the beta is getting rave reviews.Yes, ms brough back Forza but they also brought in Ryse, Killer Instinct, Quantum break, Project spark, ,sunset overdrive, Max the brotherhood, Titan Fall, D4, and i'm sure there will be more announcements come E-3. They actually showed more games at E-3 than sony, and covered no TV stuff, but sony did. That doesn't look like they aren't taking few to no chances on new games. Maybe you can say that about xbox-360 but not for xbox-one. Can we say honestly say that their xb1 launch lineup wasn't better? I don't think so. The gen has just started, bro. Getting caught up in all this stuff on forums means nothing in the big picture.
    Lmao!
    Last edited by Admartian; 02-18-2014 at 20:07.

Forum Sage
    Price (I really thought it wouldn't be this time around) could be a factor. I don't think power is as much of a factor as it's being made out to be.

Less powerful consoles have sold more before and Xbox One -- without igniting a debate -- isn't that far off from the PS4 so.....if sales are indicating anything to Microsoft, it's likely the price. There were rumors of Kinect-less Xbox One which may happen sooner than later...

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Price (I really thought it wouldn't be this time around) could be a factor. I don't think power is as much of a factor as it's being made out to be.

Less powerful consoles have sold more before and Xbox One -- without igniting a debate -- isn't that far off from the PS4 so.....if sales are indicating anything to Microsoft, it's likely the price. There were rumors of Kinect-less Xbox One which may happen sooner than later...
    Oh I agree with that for sure; as far as sales go.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post

Bet that would piss off a lot of people who paid $500 but didn't want Kinect, but can't blame MS for trying to be more competitive.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I wouldn't take just Conrad's words for that claim. He's not a dev.

Forum Overseer
    I wouldn't take just Conrad's words for that claim. He's not a dev.
    lol. alright buddy, have a good rest of the evening.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    lol. alright buddy, have a good rest of the evening.
    he doesn't know that. he's using words like "forever" predicting the future. Everyone knows knows Conrad trolls MS every chance he gets. he's not a dev and is just another journalist repeating stuff he hears.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    My point regarding the shift away from games was more from a first party point of view. As a company MS has relied heavily on 3rd party studios for its exclusives and this holds just as true with the current gen lineup. How many of those titles were created by MS?
    There really isn't a lot of difference in a third party and a first party studio coming up with games. The studios are mainly the ones coming up with the vision for the games and the publishers approve it or they don't. There is nothing wrong with strong 3rd party support. MS nor sony would be where they are without it. Sony's studios have pumped out more games than MS as they should. Its no surprise there. Just so you know, the studio who makes The order isn't 1st party if i'm not mistaken.

Making games is
    something they seemingly have very little drive for and so pay others to do it so that they can focus on what they want to focus on. Last gen MS started off strong and then that output dried up and the titles made their way to PS3 anyway. You're right, this gen has just started but if I were a betting man I'd wager to the output declining and the reliance on 3rd party devs to put content on the system.
    That is true, but you can say the opposite for sony. They didn't start out as strong, but they made up for it towards the end. First party studios are great but don't forget that 3rd party are the ones who really make this industry what it is. PS4 has superior third party titles right now and look how it's benefitting them. So lets not act like MS is the only one's that can benefit from them.

Do I think MS had the best launch line up? I can't really say as I'm still a 7th gen scrub but I'd say they were more or less comparable. If you're bringing up games that haven't been released yet there is inFamous: SS and The Order on PS4 coming this year sometime and it's been known for a long time that all 16 of Sony's first party studios are working on content. I would wager that MS will fall into the exact same pattern as it did last gen; reliance on timed exclusives that will end up on PS4 after the contract expires. Agent Phil himself said that he doesn't believe that having first party studios is important and unless MS is going to money hat the hell out of this gen then I can't really see how it will unfold.
    I can't predict what the future will bring for MS or sony as far as games, but i won't ignore the fact that now, here in the present, they seem to be doing ok as far as providing content. The only wager i would put up is that MS will continue to have strong 3rd party support and so will sony. They would stupid not to have that because they know how vital it is.

MS is richer than Sony profit wise yet this hasn't been reflected in their dedication to providing the best gaming experience, as evident by more expensive weaker tech and the failure to secure more studios for its inhouse production. Time will tell I guess and at the end of the day it's like you said; Forum speculation is futile in the grand scheme of things.
    They have secured more studios and dedicated over 1 billion to game development. maybe that's something we will see in the coming years. I think MS just have a more balanced approached with their games vs third party ones, and we know they don't like announcing titles that are too far out. As far as providing the best gaming experience, that will vary from person to person. As far as having weaker tech, yes i'm sure they could of provided a console that has more horse power than sony, but as we learned from last gen it's not all about that. yes, there will be those that will want the console with more power but that isn't what made both sell over 80 million last gen.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 02-18-2014 at 15:31.

Forum Overseer
    he doesn't know that. he's using words like "forever" predicting the future. Everyone knows knows Conrad trolls MS every chance he gets. he's not a dev and is just another journalist repeating stuff he hears.
    his maths are correct. that's all i'm going to say. you can predict maths. if something doesn't fit, it doesn't fit, you can't make the frame buffer smaller in size. it's always going to stay that way.

Ultimate Veteran
    I though some games did 1080p all ready.but I think its kincet holding it back

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    MS has been on this path for years with the 360. Less focus on games and more focus on media and apps. Just look at the past few E3s (pre current gen ones), you had Usher on stage ffs and then the way MS chose to reveal the XB1 (the famous tv, tv, tv,sports, tv, tv, collar duty, sports, tv) spoke VOLUMES about how they perceive their console. MS made the same four exclusives for years taking few to no chances on new games or IP, that's not the output of a company who envisions its future as the king of consoles. They got $#@!y and arrogant, resting on their laurels while Sony kept up their focus on what has always been the focus, games, and fixed all of the mistakes they made last gen with what has now become the leading platform in power and price.

Even if MS did ditches Kinect for a lower price point, it still isn't hitting that next gen benchmark many expected with a new gen of consoles and the troubling this is for MS is that Sony is just getting warmed up and has a hell of a lot more stacked in its favor right now.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    MS has been on this path for years with the 360. Less focus on games and more focus on media and apps. Just look at the past few E3s (pre current gen ones), you had Usher on stage ffs and then the way MS chose to reveal the XB1 (the famous tv, tv, tv,sports, tv, tv, collar duty, sports, tv) spoke VOLUMES about how they perceive their console. MS made the same four exclusives for years taking few to no chances on new games or IP, that's not the output of a company who envisions its future as the king of consoles. They got $#@!y and arrogant, resting on their laurels while Sony kept up their focus on what has always been the focus, games, and fixed all of the mistakes they made last gen with what has now become the leading platform in power and price.

Even if MS did ditches Kinect for a lower price point, it still isn't hitting that next gen benchmark many expected with a new gen of consoles and the troubling this is for MS is that Sony is just getting warmed up and has a hell of a lot more stacked in its favor right now.
    Maybe in the past that had a little truth to it, but to say they are less focused on games right now doesn't seem to fit that anymore. How can anyone say that looking at their lineup? 2014 for them is looking stronger than anything else out there in my opinion, and they have arguably the hottest game of the year releasing in a few weeks and the beta is getting rave reviews.Yes, ms brough back Forza but they also brought in Ryse, Killer Instinct, Quantum break, Project spark, ,sunset overdrive, Max the brotherhood, Titan Fall, D4, and i'm sure there will be more announcements come E-3. They actually showed more games at E-3 than sony, and covered no TV stuff, but sony did. That doesn't look like they aren't taking few to no chances on new games. Maybe you can say that about xbox-360 but not for xbox-one. Can we say honestly say that their xb1 launch lineup wasn't better? I don't think so. The gen has just started, bro. Getting caught up in all this stuff on forums means nothing in the big picture.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 02-18-2014 at 05:57.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Lol, what is this hottest game of the year you speak of?!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    Lol, what is this hottest game of the year you speak of?!
    Titanfall trumps everything that 2014 has to offer by anyone, apparently.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by N0REGARD4LIFE View Post
    When it comes to resolution, it should only be news WHEN and IF the XBOX ONE has a game that's running at 1080p or the equivalent of the PS4 version of game x. We know the xbone is weak, but some of us don't care. Ryse looks damn good at 900p IMO.
    Weaker than the PS4? Yes. Weak? No.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Lol, really? its pretty meh from what ive played and seen be played. dead rising is much better

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    lol Yeah that made me spit out my coffee. Lmao.

Thread Information