Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII

Quick Warframe question (skill fusion)

So im getting pretty deep into the skill system these days... but i still dont know a lot about fusion and transmuting.
    My main question is this:

I just farmed and forged a new Oberon Warframe... and have all 4 of the Oberon-Specific Skills installed. Does upgrading those specific skills have any actual effect other than increasing capacity limit... they dont typically list any damage stats or anything on them so when upgrading them with cores the only thing visible that changes is the capacity limit number.
    Example:

When i upgrade this skill the only number that changes is the 6 in the upper right... but does upgrading it boost the healing properties as well? (basically asking about this for any warframe specific mod)
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    yep, as well as increasing the mods cost, it also increases it's effectiveness.

Trinity will heal more. Banshee's sonic boom will do more damage. Frosts snow globe will last longer. etc. etc.
    Usually, damage skills will increase their damage. Utility skill will increase time. Some do a bit of both.

I seldom use all the powers of the frames. My Nyx for example only has the Chaos mod equipped. That way, i can use a health mod or something similar. It might bump up the cost, but its better than having unused skills doing nothing

Transmuting is useless unless you wanna attempt finding a mod the devs haven't put into the game yet. Game tester mods were available a while ago. One uncovered had a 100% sprint increase
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    yep, as well as increasing the mods cost, it also increases it's effectiveness.

Trinity will heal more. Banshee's sonic boom will do more damage. Frosts snow globe will last longer. etc. etc.
    Usually, damage skills will increase their damage. Utility skill will increase time. Some do a bit of both.

I seldom use all the powers of the frames. My Nyx for example only has the Chaos mod equipped. That way, i can use a health mod or something similar. It might bump up the cost, but its better than having unused skills doing nothing

Transmuting is useless unless you wanna attempt finding a mod the devs haven't put into the game yet. Game tester mods were available a while ago. One uncovered had a 100% sprint increase
    Awesome... yeah im playing around with my new Oberon and Ill be using Primarily only 2 of his skills. Reckoning and Renewal. Reckoning is a badass high damage AOE, and renewal is healing over time for all allies... the other two i probably wouldnt use too often so not equipping one of them frees up a couple points for capacity...

Oh and i also just forged my Wyrm... and currently farming materials for my Djinn blueprint... those materials are kinda hard for me to get right now lol.

Plus... just look how rad Oberon looks... (sorry... i LOVE pink and black lol)

Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

4. Likes JDizzleNO1 likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Djinn is a badass, you won't use any other Sentinel after you get him!

well, maybe shade. Shades invisibility still comes in handy when you're in a pickle.

Still levelling my Oberon. Haven't been on much lately. it's only level 5 (???) All my frames are coloured like my avatar, not including the Primes. i like to keep them the default colours

I don't know if you know (i didn't for the longest time) the Sentinels mod slots are ranked (for want of a better word). the Sentinel will use its skills starting from the top left, top right, then bottom left, bottom right. So 'shooting' mods should go last(bottom right), otherwise, he doesn't use the other skills.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Djinn is a badass, you won't use any other Sentinel after you get him!

well, maybe shade. Shades invisibility still comes in handy when you're in a pickle.

Still levelling my Oberon. Haven't been on much lately. it's only level 5 (???) All my frames are coloured like my avatar, not including the Primes. i like to keep them the default colours

I don't know if you know (i didn't for the longest time) the Sentinels mod slots are ranked (for want of a better word). the Sentinel will use its skills starting from the top left, top right, then bottom left, bottom right. So 'shooting' mods should go last(bottom right), otherwise, he doesn't use the other skills.
    oh interesting... i didnt know mod placement mattered... good to know!
    Vanik Tetsu'ya

Superior Member
    Started playing this yesterday.
    I understand about 5% of it
    09/10 and 10/11 PSU Forum Fantasy Premier League Winner
    London Wolves/To Hell We Ride

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rich2086 View Post
    Started playing this yesterday.
    I understand about 5% of it
    Yeah it does that, play with people and ask questions and you'll pic it up pretty quick

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

Also helps greatly, but there might be the odd inconsistency with the os4 version being just a little behind patch wise.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    yeah that and ask any questions about warframe i can help, ive been putting 80 plus hours in it and i still find new $#@!. oh op, DO NOT TRANSMUTE! it isn't worth it, all the mods you have and don't need just fuse with the ones you are trying to level up! i LOVE this game. i'll have to send a pic here later of my oberon warframe. since im a steelers fan all of my warframes are black and gold. i have MAG at level 30, NYX level 30, EMBER level 30, VOLT level 30 and working on OBERON morphosed twice going to level 30. i have ASH and RHINO in back stock i'll work on next. each of the other warframes ive morphosed once.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    yeah that and ask any questions about warframe i can help, ive been putting 80 plus hours in it and i still find new $#@!. oh op, DO NOT TRANSMUTE! it isn't worth it, all the mods you have and don't need just fuse with the ones you are trying to level up! i LOVE this game. i'll have to send a pic here later of my oberon warframe. since im a steelers fan all of my warframes are black and gold. i have MAG at level 30, NYX level 30, EMBER level 30, VOLT level 30 and working on OBERON morphosed twice going to level 30. i have ASH and RHINO in back stock i'll work on next. each of the other warframes ive morphosed once.
    I've put 200+ hours into warframe

I second JDizzle, if you have any questions, just post them here

I usually run around with Banshee, or Nyx:

Still waiting for Sony and DE to greenlight profile export so i can get my stuff on PS4
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

11. Likes JDizzleNO1 likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Still waiting for Sony and DE to greenlight profile export so i can get my stuff on PS4
    I gave up... and now... i have too much invested in My PS4 profile... that if i ever get to finally transfer my PC ID over... it would be a waste... Hell the only thing i really wanted from PC is my Name... since i ended up snagging it at the beginning. Hayden-Tenno... oh well... SomaXD will do... now i just need to get my Soma so the circle is complete....
    Vanik Tetsu'ya

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    I gave up... and now... i have too much invested in My PS4 profile... that if i ever get to finally transfer my PC ID over... it would be a waste... Hell the only thing i really wanted from PC is my Name... since i ended up snagging it at the beginning. Hayden-Tenno... oh well... SomaXD will do... now i just need to get my Soma so the circle is complete....
    I'm too lazy to start over, and the 'luck' aspect you need for collecting certain items is not worth the bother

I'm happy to wait though. i'm not in any rush. I'm not gaming much at this time of year (summer) so doesn't bother me too much.

The thing that gets me about warframe PS4 is the HUD. it's getting redone in the next update on PS4, but it looks like a 720p hud on a 1080p screen.

Do you guys watch the Dev livestreams every 2 weeks? The DE dev team are quite fun to watch. And they often leak stuff they didn't intend on the streams
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

14. Likes JDizzleNO1 likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    oberon.jpg

here is the best warframe i've played so far, it is oberon, the paladin that came with the last update. LOVE IT

edit: you gotta click on the picture to enlarge it

16. Likes Fijiandoce likes this post
    Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I've been getting into Warframe over the last week. Confusing as hell, but through reading the the wiki I'm just starting to get the hang of it.

Question. When people quote their rank are they talking about their Mastery level or the affinity level of the specific warframe? I'm running an Ember at affinity level 13 atm. I love it.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    I've been getting into Warframe over the last week. Confusing as hell, but through reading the the wiki I'm just starting to get the hang of it.

Question. When people quote their rank are they talking about their Mastery level or the affinity level of the specific warframe? I'm running an Ember at affinity level 13 atm. I love it.
    People will usually quote their "mastery rank" for mastery level.

"Rank" used on its own refers to one of the weapons, frames or sentinels

Mastery Rank refers to the amount of the game you've "Mastered". Ranking an item to by a single level increases your mastery rank score. You can only get mastery from a level once. So if you level your ember to 30. you wont get mastery from it when you rank it to 30 a second time. you'll have to get a Nyx to level to continue getting mastery, for example.

you also get Mastery rank from finishing levels (once).

ATM, mastery Rank doesn't count for much outside of extractors or trading. DE intend on making it more useful this year after they remove the solar chart and replace it with hub worlds.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

19. Likes JDizzleNO1 likes this post
    Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Thanks. Okay, so I'm a level 13 Ember then. Got it.

Warframe needs a Q&A thread all of its own.

​aka Sparc

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Thanks. Okay, so I'm a level 13 Ember then. Got it.

Warframe needs a Q&A thread all of its own.
    I figured it out as i went

the thing that got me for over 150 hours was the "potatoes" people would use the term in chat and i'd be like "HUH?? o_O"

i did a defence with some random and he was asking me how many times i'd potatoed my Nova. had absolutely no idea what he was on about
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    I figured it out as i went

the thing that got me for over 150 hours was the "potatoes" people would use the term in chat and i'd be like "HUH?? o_O"

i did a defence with some random and he was asking me how many times i'd potatoed my Nova. had absolutely no idea what he was on about

i turned global chat off, but what in the hell does that mean?

Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    I thought potatoes were the card attributes you earn. Not sure if that's right though now based on Fiji's previous post

​aka Sparc

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    i turned global chat off, but what in the hell does that mean?
    I thought potatoes were the card attributes you earn. Not sure if that's right though now based on Fiji's previous post
    Potatoes are the items used to supercharge your frames and weapons.

Orokin Reactors are called "Gold Potatoes" - used for frames/sentinel

Orokin Catalysts are called "Blue Potatoes" - used for weapons

I only figured it out watching one of the dev livestreams where they were asking why the community gave it that name
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Potatoes are the items used to supercharge your frames and weapons.

Orokin Reactors are called "Gold Potatoes" - used for frames/sentinel

Orokin Catalysts are called "Blue Potatoes" - used for weapons

I only figured it out watching one of the dev livestreams where they were asking why the community gave it that name

OH $#@!! why didn't i think of that

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Had a rant / question in the count thread. Thought might as well post it here as well, hopefully for some clarification:

Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    Played some Warframe, for about the second time, and used all my revives, so used the platinum that was already there to get 4 more... It costs 12plat to replenish your revives, I have 26 left. You can only get more platinum by paying real money.. so once that's gone do I have to pay real money for revives? I know the game is free, and as it's mainly pve I don't mind better gear costing real money... but revives seem very much the wrong thing to have to pay for.

It's only going to make me stop playing the game altogether, rather than pay for that sort of element of a game.

I've read on the steam forums the revives reset each day (this was from July 2013 - so don't know if it's still the same), but still, once I've run out of platinum that would mean 4 revives then either stop playing, hope teammates try (and they mainly seem to), and manage revive me or have to keep quitting everytime I die.

That is all assuming I'm correct about everything, which I don't know that I am...

/rant.
    In essence, am I correct about how revives work? And of course I know 'to not die' would be a solution, but I'm unlikely to be able to achieve that.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by darky89; 03-04-2014 at 12:42.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Had a rant / question in the count thread. Thought might as well post it here as well, hopefully for some clarification:

In essence, am I correct about how revives work? And of course I know 'to not die' would be a solution, but I'm unlikely to be able to achieve that.

Thanks in advance.
    I responded in that thread (first time I've ever been in that thread)

I never ever pay for revives because I hardly ever use them. In 99% of cases you get revived by your team mates. And you are correct, they do replenish each day anyway. Only time I've used mine is in Survival where we've all died after a good run and I want to get the mission bonuses. I revive then, but it's pretty rare to be honest

​aka Sparc

28. Likes darky89 likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    I responded in that thread (first time I've ever been in that thread)

I never ever pay for revives because I hardly ever use them. In 99% of cases you get revived by your team mates. And you are correct, they do replenish each day anyway. Only time I've used mine is in Survival where we've all died after a good run and I want to get the mission bonuses. I revive then, but it's pretty rare to be honest
    You got double post likes. One for each.

Are you doing the missions solo? Seriously, hardly anybody uses revives as you will nearly always get revived by someone who is doing the level with you. Make sure you are near them and not running off on your own somewhere. Also the revives replenish daily for no cost.
    I did try a few missions solo and definitely used more revives than when with other players. But still have had to use them a fair amount with other players. It just seems a weird element to limit. I get it's to try to get you to play each day (which actually, I think is a irresponsible.. but that's a completely different and unrelated matter), but at the same time giving you a good reason to just quit.

Thanks for the reply, it's ironic, as something like this that they want to make some money from - well deserved money, it's a great game - rubs me up the wrong way and will probably stop me ever spending any money on the game. I mean, I'm not going to pay for other stuff only to not be able to use it if I die more than 4 times in one day.

I sound so bitter, I'm disheartened more than anything :'(

*someone hug me*

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

30. Likes TidalPhoenix likes this post
    Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    You got double post likes. One for each.

I did try a few missions solo and definitely used more revives than when with other players. But still have had to use them a fair amount with other players. It just seems a weird element to limit. I get it's to try to get you to play each day (which actually, I think is a irresponsible.. but that's a completely different and unrelated matter), but at the same time giving you a good reason to just quit.

Thanks for the reply, it's ironic, as something like this that they want to make some money from - well deserved money, it's a great game - rubs me up the wrong way and will probably stop me ever spending any money on the game. I mean, I'm not going to pay for other stuff only to not be able to use it if I die more than 4 times in one day.

I sound so bitter, I'm disheartened more than anything :'(

*someone hug me*
    lol @ someone hug you

I think the reason they do it this way is to encourage you to play with others and not solo it. Honestly, I've never purchased any revives to date. It's pretty rare you need to when playing with others.

​aka Sparc

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Im with Sparc. I've never spent plat on revives.

Playing with others definitely helps. I seldom get downed in matches at my level.

The only times where i use revives frequently are for Defence and survival mission types - Both of which continue to scale enemy levels to ever increasingly insane heights
    But i don't use Plat to refill revives when they deplete.

Also, i've spent more on this game than i have on actual standalones. Check out my Nyx!

I've purchased skins, colour packs, scarfs (not the robbery scarf) etc. These are out-of-the-way stuff don't encroach on the core game at all. The argument can be made that plat shouldn't be an option for revives and stuff, but there are hardcore people who dropped $250 for a scarf, so.....yeah. they're obviously the targeted sucker
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Thread Information