Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    yeh part of me is excited. Another part of me is worried that it might not turn out to be as awesome as we want it to be. But I do have faith though haha.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce

I have a Question?

What would you guys say if the atmosphere of the game was stellar, never before seen! but their story was merely above average?

Me? i wouldn't mind it tbh. The game looks to have the atmosphere nailed.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I need engaging gameplay these days. Of course there is room for deviation from this with unique titles but in general the gameplay had to be there and I'll choose this metric over all else.

Sent from my GT-I9000

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Erm, game doesnt look that great tbh "shrugs"

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    I hope FutureShop has the "preorder 3, get $20 off each" sale again. Currently this is $69.99 in Canada and I REFUSE to pay that for a game. Currency exchange doesnt account for a $10 markup either.

Quote Originally Posted by 33x View Post
    You blind? :P

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    yea that doesn't make any sense to say the game doesn't look great. If it's not your style of game that is perfectly fine, even I think this game will be linear and probably won't buy it. But to say the game doesn't look great, that doesn't make any sense and this isn't the case of "it's in the eye of the beholder" type of thing. lol

Friendship is Carrots
    Do you mean the gameplay or graphics? Because those graphics are drop-dead gorgeous.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Extreme Poster
    like i was saying, PS4 is going to have significantly better-looking exclusives than its competition

the ball is in the other court now.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    like i was saying, PS4 is going to have significantly better-looking exclusives than its competition

TBH, I didn't expect anything different. PS3 had some of the best looking exclusives.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Extreme Poster
    well, where i'm saying it differently is that we're going to see TLOU graphics "now" in relative terms. meaning, when we saw UC graphics, we knew for sure that PS3 had better-looking exclusives at that point, it took a few years to get there. PS4 is going to get to that point much quicker and will still have more potential left to keep pushing it.

where PS3 had about 10-20% better looking games, we're going to see a much wider gap, i don't want to put a number on it because it could go beyond 50% due to the sheer power it has available to developers and the developer focus/support. we're likely going to see a generational difference in certain games, don't mean to exaggerate.

not to mention, this is already competing with PC games. i highly doubt any PC action/adventure game looks better than this.

Friendship is Carrots

The PS3 exclusives last generation looked better than the Xbox 360 exclusives too. The difference just wasn't as large as it is for this generation. In fact it became so small near the end of the generation even the fanboys got over it. lol

where PS3 had about 10-20% better looking games, we're going to see a much wider gap, i don't want to put a number on it because it could go beyond 50% due to the sheer power it has available to developers and the developer focus/support. we're likely going to see a generational difference in certain games, don't mean to exaggerate.
    Unlike the PS3, there's not this untapped power waiting behind a learning curve for the PS4. Obviously there's always room for optimization and better developer understanding of the hardware, but this will apply to the Xbox One as well, if not more due to its emerging bottlenecks with the ESRAM (which could maybe be worked around at some point? Game developers are crafty motherfuckers).

The PS4 is going to always have this lead past the XB1, but there's really nothing to suggest it'll widen over time.

not to mention, this is already competing with PC games. i highly doubt any PC action/adventure game looks better than this.
    As a PC gamer I have to say that The Order is the best looking game I've seen. You can get PC games looking as good, but you need to cram them full of graphical mods, and that's usually going to murder your framerate (seriously though, go look at modded Skyrim. Holy $#@!). Metro Last Light is a fair contender, but it doesn't have that top, final layer of cinematic polish to give it that edge. Though to be fair Metro has larger areas too.

In regards to The Order's graphical fidelity, I think in a lot of ways it's stemming from the art design itself that's lifting it so high. The developers knew what to aim for from day one, and everything related to the graphics was geared towards accomplishing that goal.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

12. Likes Omar likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    The PS3 exclusives last generation looked better than the Xbox 360 exclusives too. The difference just wasn't as large as it is for this generation. In fact it became so small near the end of the generation even the fanboys got over it. lol
    the multiplat differences you mean? yes. but it was still stupid knowing that you own a more expensive console that could not outdo a cheaper older console. Ken was thinking 15-20 years ahead. we did not yet need an all-in-one console. we still don't.

Unlike the PS3, there's not this untapped power waiting behind a learning curve for the PS4. Obviously there's always room for optimization and better developer understanding of the hardware, but this will apply to the Xbox One as well, if not more due to its emerging bottlenecks with the ESRAM (which could maybe be worked around at some point? Game developers are crafty motherfuckers).

The PS4 is going to always have this lead past the XB1, but there's really nothing to suggest it'll widen over time.
    i totally agree. PS4 may not see as large of an incremental increase and that's largely due to the fact that you can achieve most of its power now with ease. and yes, tools/engine/optimization/effort are the only thing left (pretty much) moving forward. which are also a big deal.

though i still believe that PS4 will show a bigger improvement (in comparison to the X1) 'til the end, even if it's not as big of a relative change (compared to its earlier stages), the overall difference may still be favored towards the PS4. reason being that it is significantly more powerful too.

X1 will definitely show "bigger" improvements but it would be relative to itself. in other words, it might show a higher percentage of increase (relative to its launch games), partially due to the software issues it's having now and the large reservation of resources, also the steep learning curve of ESRAM into next-gen...which will all get better with time, which the PS4 does not have to deal with but overall it will always struggle due to its various limitations.

in comparison to itself, it is definitely going to have awesome looking games in the coming year, it's going to get much bigger boosts (relative to itself) once the developers understand how to utilize the ESRAM. I'm sure it will start to show Order 1886 graphics at some point, i'd suppose in the next year or two at most.

as for comparison between the two consoles, i would think that PS4 would still show a larger improvement 'til the end (but in comparison to itself).

if anyone is confused, what i mean is from a scale of 0%-100%, if the X1 has a baseline of 40% potential being used now and moving forward, it starts to use 60% in the next year or two, whereas the PS4 goes from 70% to 80%, that 10% increase could show more of an increase than X1's 20% because PS4 is overall more powerful so every increment is going to mean more.

of course that's just a rough example, none of those are even guesses for an example. i don't know how much potential is left in either consoles at this point.

As a PC gamer I have to say that The Order is the best looking game I've seen. You can get PC games looking as good, but you need to cram them full of graphical mods, and that's usually going to murder your framerate (seriously though, go look at modded Skyrim. Holy $#@!). Metro Last Light is a fair contender, but it doesn't have that top, final layer of cinematic polish to give it that edge. Though to be fair Metro has larger areas too.

In regards to The Order's graphical fidelity, I think in a lot of ways it's stemming from the art design itself that's lifting it so high. The developers knew what to aim for from day one, and everything related to the graphics was geared towards accomplishing that goal.
    the sad reality is that PC hardware has had the potential to output these games years ago. they are just lmiited by a lot of factors...thus the reason why PC has been trying to find a niche and it has...but it's not ever going to come back to where it used to be.

whereas i can spend $400 on a console that comes with a HDD built-in, a CPU, it's convenient and compact...have tons of games and can deliver these graphics. you can't beat that. it doesn't matter that PC will always progress because that progress also costs more money.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Ill rephrase, its not my style, i dont want a olden day shooter type game for my ps4, apologies

but im the king of not given $#@! a chance 1st!

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Extreme Poster
    Ill rephrase, its not my style, i dont want a olden day shooter type game for my ps4, apologies

but im the king of not given $#@! a chance 1st!
    this looks somewhat influenced by ND games...you can tell it has a similar play style. generally i didn't find UC all that but this definitely seems more interesting to me. i didn't give much attention to exclusives last gen but something tells me i might this gen.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    What would you guys say if the atmosphere of the game was stellar, never before seen! but their story was merely above average? Me? i wouldn't mind it tbh. The game looks to have the atmosphere nailed.
    Agreed. I really like what I've seen so far.

Extreme Poster
    yeah, while Sony first party tries to go for storyline...i think as long as it's engaging, it doesn't need to be amazing, not that i wouldn't love an amazing story but that's expecting too much. atmosphere is important, it is a game after all, not a movie. $#@! never mind, even movies nowadays don't need a good story lol.

gameplay is also important i guess :/

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    $#@! IGN. This games gonna rock.
    The IGN team are some of the game journalists I trust the most on the Internet. If Greg Miller or Colin Moriarty raises concerns I'm going to listen to them.

The only reason I can think of for them showing such lacklustre gameplay here is they are waiting until E3 to blow us away. So I've got my fingers crossed for that.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Hope the game plays just as nice as it looks. Its gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by N0REGARD4LIFE View Post
    Even though the guy says the cut scenes are CGI, they ARE NOT. Real time goodness. Ready At Dawn just turned into rockstars.
    Yep.

Everyone knows real-time cut scenes are different than pre-rendered CGI, except that guy.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    The IGN team are some of the game journalists I trust the most on the Internet. If Greg Miller or Colin Moriarty raises concerns I'm going to listen to them. The only reason I can think of for them showing such lacklustre gameplay here is they are waiting until E3 to blow us away. So I've got my fingers crossed for that.
    Well thats nice. But sorry, I dont trust the mainstream gaming media like you do. I have my reasons but thats a topic for a different thread.

Friendship is Carrots
    As far as I know there's really nothing to indicate the gameplay itself will be anything spectacular. This could be new-gen hype material for all we know, just like lest-generation.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    im curious as to what innovative stuff people are looking for from a TPS exactly??...i mean its an over the shoulder, cover shooter...anyone expecting much more was frankly kidding themselves lol...
    PSN: Metfanant
    XBL: Metfanant
    Twitter: @Metfanant

24. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Metfanant View Post
    im curious as to what innovative stuff people are looking for from a TPS exactly??...i mean its an over the shoulder, cover shooter...anyone expecting much more was frankly kidding themselves lol...
    Yeah I was just thinking the same thing as I read some of these comments about needing to be "innovative."...lol

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by Metfanant View Post
    It's not for us to decide and design, it's up to the developers. That's why they're the ones making the game. What's important is that the developers don't make another mediocre play experience.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

27. Likes TidalPhoenix likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    Metfanant
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    It's not for us to decide and design, it's up to the developers. That's why they're the ones making the game. What's important is that the developers don't make another mediocre play experience.
    thats one of the most oxymoronic posts ive seen in a long time...in one breath youre saying that the gameplay designs are not for us to decide, but the developer, but then you dont want them to make a "mediocre" play experience...lol...

what if to them its not mediocre?...i mean its a third person shooter...i really would like some people to explain exactly what they are looking for here...
    PSN: Metfanant
    XBL: Metfanant
    Twitter: @Metfanant

Thread Information