Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 6
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    well then you're in the same boat as me because unfortunately i skip a lot of supposedly good games because they just don't fall under the criteria i look for. also i'm not entirely happy with any of the online shooters since 2006.

i know we have the ability to make games that would make DayZ look dwarf-ish but they're not out there yet. until then i'll be "ok" with these games but they don't make me happy.

WoW spoiled the $#@! out of me. you could get into that game and never know what to expect next. that's why i was dangerously hooked on it.

is it not sad that we have yet to experience something like that on consoles? even now!? the game came out in 2004 ffs!

i would've been a much happier gamer if i had gone PC last gen. no doubt. i'm always struggling in between. i almost left consoles in 2013 before the reveal. i wanted to make a gaming PC because of Planet Side 2...just for that one damn game.

i don't want another BF game, i want a BF massive online game...i want to be immersed into the world and not constantly shoot every person i see. but i'm doing it right now because that's all we have.

i'm positive we will receive some treatment like that this gen...my friend even said that was a rumor (grain of salt) that DayZ might come to consoles. a game like DayZ is Day1 for me, punnnn intendeddddd! derp derp.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Well thats nice. But sorry, I dont trust the mainstream gaming media like you do. I have my reasons but thats a topic for a different thread.
    Paranoia?
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

3. Likes TidalPhoenix likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Paranoia?
    Naive? lol Just certain double standards that I've observed that makes me question their integrity and credibility. And I like to think for myself rather than let somebody else make my purchase decisions for me like a sheep. Anyway thats another topic so if you need me to expand on that you can send me a pm. Otherwise back to the topic.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-21-2014 at 19:42.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Innovation has nothing to do with it. Innovation itself isn't even innately good. What Naughty Dog did was develop and combine elements that created a really polished gameplay experience. It was enjoyable sneaking through an area, grabbing a brick, and smashing in the head of an unsuspecting enemy. Then you turn and see another guard witnessed the event and he yells for help while opening fire. You roll back and take cover, ducking low from the bullets whizzing overhead. As he curses and reloads you peak over and take a moment to line up a shot, putting him down with a satisfying headshot. His body staggers and falls against the wall before sliding down, smearing blood along the surface.

You reach into your backpack and search frantically for a health aid. You have none, so you quickly craft one on the spot, praying the other AI don't show up quickly enough to stop you. You finish crafting just in time and start patching yourself up, only to see a molotov fly your way from the right. You roll and dodge, charge the enemy while he's open and bash his head open with your lead pipe.

Do you see the individual aspects that make up the greater overall experience?

+ Stealth
    + Environmental interaction (picking up the brick)
    + Cover mechanics
    + Tight movement controls
    + A 'realistic' gunplay system needing some level of additional skill
    + Takedowns
    + Reactive and intelligent AI
    + Excellent animations
    + Crafting & resource collecting, adding variety and thought process to your planning
    + Leveling up mechanic (good for additional playthroughs)
    + Areas designed to give the player options in their approach
    + Solid pacing between high and low action periods

All of these things are well polished and wrapped up nicely with great graphics and story. That's what I'm talking about. It creates a much more satisfying experience than just hiding behind cover, shooting the enemies that appear, then moving onwards to the next room.
    Excellent breakdown! Yes, all of those things combined make TLoU such a great game. I think it is premature to say that The Order will not be able to do the same. Until more gameplay footage is released, we just have the little teaser to judge the game. I think it is looking very promising and am pretty excited to see more (hopefully at E3).

6. Likes Nerevar likes this post
    Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    i'm positive we will receive some treatment like that this gen...my friend even said that was a rumor (grain of salt) that DayZ might come to consoles. a game like DayZ is Day1 for me
    I do agree that console games are generally more 'limited' in their scope. It's part of why I love PC gaming so much, and now that you mention it, it probably is a part of why I'm (more) picky on what I want from my games. I don't want to pay 60$ to go through a 6 hour campaign anymore. Haven't for years. I need a game that offers a lot of freedom and replayability (and the cheap prices doesn't hurt either).

Take a look at my signature. Of all the games I have access to on my PC, I'm playing indie titles, ones that give me a lot of freedom and choice. I'm also playing DayZ and Gmod a lot. It's what I like, and I appreciate hints of that in linear games, which is why RE4 and TLoU keeps popping up. Deus Ex: human Revolution is a great example too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pong View Post
    Excellent breakdown! Yes, all of those things combined make TLoU such a great game.
    Thanks. I missed a few things too, like melee being an option to take down enemies. It gives the player a lot of freedom in how they tackle areas and enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Pong;6306249[B
    ]I think it is premature[/B] to say that The Order will not be able to do the same. Until more gameplay footage is released, we just have the little teaser to judge the game. I think it is looking very promising and am pretty excited to see more (hopefully at E3).
    I'm also excited. In the last few days this has risen from something outside my attention to a game I really want to see more of. Depending on how it is, this may be the game that makes me get a PS4.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Forum Overseer
    yup, i would've been a PC gamer long ago if it weren't for my situation. i can't devote myself to a PC...also my son likes the controller and it's easy for him to play with it.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Jesus. That is probably the most beautiful game I've ever seen. The fire coming from the barrels of the guns was amazing. This is going to be amazing.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    The game looks good, and even though it may be linear, it really depends on what they do with that linearity in the game. DE:HR was linear but there was a lot going on in those linear towns and cities. vents were everywhere to go into, there was more than one way up to a roof, etc etc. If this game is like that in terms of DE:HR linearity style, then I will certainly get this game. Other then that, I am more for open world. This game looks fantastic graphic wise and certainly stomped on Ryse for the graphical king.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Jesus. That is probably the most beautiful game I've ever seen. The fire coming from the barrels of the guns was amazing. This is going to be amazing.
    Yeah this game went from a game that I was only moderately looking forward to to a game that I'm really excited about.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    my pants got tighter watching the trailer

Thread Information