Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII

Games with Gold - MS just doesnt care...

Im getting really upset over the offerings were being given. I know its a newer service to MS.. (9 months i think?) but god damn... why are they giving us the oldest cheapest games?
    Gears of War 1, (why not Judgement?) Crackdown 1 (why not crackdown 2?) Halo 3 (why not Halo 4? or even ODST?)

Its pretty obvious theyre done with the 360 and any game they offer from the past year or 2 can be found new for 20$ and under, yet they give us games like i mentioned which are 5-7 years old and can be found for 5$ and cheaper...

We got Dead Island this month... but germany instead got metro 2033 (due to dead island being banned in that country or something iono...) but come on... PS+ got Metro Last Light this month... MS cant even compete there...

Not only that... but the game we got yesterday - Toy Soldier Cold War... is so old (2011) and broken, the developer or MS havent even fixed the HACKED leaderboards... awesome. thanks for the broken game!! (seriously why did they give us a game with leaderboards this broken and bad?

Maybe im spoiled by PS+

But $#@!... come on MS, give us something better... Heres a list of games that can compete with PS+ (and still be cheap for you!) (and this is just 360 exclusives)

Gears of War Judgment
    Crackdown 2
    Halo 4
    Halo Reach
    Left 4 Dead 2

Other than GoW: J which came out last year... every other game there was released in 2012 or earlier... and none of these games are very pricey (20$ or less in fact...)
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    "Quit crying. At least you get to keep these games when your sub runs out and not have them as a rental;disappear when the sub runs out. They didn't have to offer you $#@!."

That's what the MS fans told me in the past lmao.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I think Microsoft are some stingy bastards lol. Just look at the list of games they give. Games that cost under $9.99 at Gamestop lol

Fable 3 = $4.99
    Assassin's Creed 2 = $9.99
    Crackdown = $9.99
    Dead Rising 2 = $14.99
    Rainbow Six Vegas = $6.99
    Halo 3 = $4.99
    Gears of War = $0.99
    Dead Island = $9.99
    Last edited by Lethal; 02-18-2014 at 16:37.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    "Quit crying. At least you get to keep these games when your sub runs out and not have them as a rental;disappear when the sub runs out. They didn't have to offer you $#@!."

That's what the MS fans told me in the past lmao.
    Yup. Heard that before.

reaper of souls
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Yeah the bonuses you get are pretty crap really :/

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Hmmmmm...

This whole thing was a "me too" move I think..kinda evident by the offerings. What cards does Sony have that MS doesn't to net them 6 month old blockbusters?

7. Likes mistercrow, Admartian likes this post
    Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    The whole games for gold program is a complete joke.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

9. Likes Justin likes this post
    Elite Guru
    I'm going to go ahead and assume it's to do with the service at it's core.

PS+ seems to have been designed from the ground up to offer games - so it follows Sony factored in having to pay some of that sub fee to publishers. Microsoft, on the other hand; have had their subscription fees to themselves for the last 6+ years. It's got to be really hard to have to give some of that money away, so they'll probably look to minimise their spend.

With Plus, Sony were effectively getting more money via a new revenue stream; with Games for Gold, Microsoft are probably getting less of their usual share.

11. Likes Yungstar 2006, darky89 likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and assume it's to do with the service at it's core.

PS+ seems to have been designed from the ground up to offer games - so it follows Sony factored in having to pay some of that sub fee to publishers. Microsoft, on the other hand; have had their subscription fees to themselves for the last 6+ years. It's got to be really hard to have to give some of that money away, so they'll probably look to minimise their spend.

With Plus, Sony were effectively getting more money via a new revenue stream; with Games for Gold, Microsoft are probably getting less of their usual share.
    Seems like a very plausible explanation to me.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    At this point - I strongly believe GWG is simply just a bullet point for them to say "hey look, we do it too!".

Except it's not even close.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Hmmmmm... This whole thing was a "me too" move I think..kinda evident by the offerings. What cards does Sony have that MS doesn't to net them 6 month old blockbusters?
    Yep definitely just a "me too" move. Those offerings are a total joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    "Quit crying. At least you get to keep these games when your sub runs out and not have them as a rental;disappear when the sub runs out. They didn't have to offer you $#@!." That's what the MS fans told me in the past lmao.
    Yep thats what I heard too. Lmao!
    Last edited by Admartian; 02-18-2014 at 20:39. Reason: double post

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    Im getting really upset over the offerings were being given. I know its a newer service to MS.. (9 months i think?) but god damn... why are they giving us the oldest cheapest games?
    Gears of War 1, (why not Judgement?) Crackdown 1 (why not crackdown 2?) Halo 3 (why not Halo 4? or even ODST?)

Its pretty obvious theyre done with the 360 and any game they offer from the past year or 2 can be found new for 20$ and under, yet they give us games like i mentioned which are 5-7 years old and can be found for 5$ and cheaper...

We got Dead Island this month... but germany instead got metro 2033 (due to dead island being banned in that country or something iono...) but come on... PS+ got Metro Last Light this month... MS cant even compete there...

Not only that... but the game we got yesterday - Toy Soldier Cold War... is so old (2011) and broken, the developer or MS havent even fixed the HACKED leaderboards... awesome. thanks for the broken game!! (seriously why did they give us a game with leaderboards this broken and bad?

Maybe im spoiled by PS+

But $#@!... come on MS, give us something better... Heres a list of games that can compete with PS+ (and still be cheap for you!) (and this is just 360 exclusives)

Gears of War Judgment
    Crackdown 2
    Halo 4
    Halo Reach
    Left 4 Dead 2

Other than GoW: J which came out last year... every other game there was released in 2012 or earlier... and none of these games are very pricey (20$ or less in fact...)
    I'm going to ask you this: What do you think will happen with the X1 games for gold offerings? Since the console is new, there isn't an expansive library of games to offer, so it is likely that recently released games will be offered.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    I'm going to ask you this: What do you think will happen with the X1 games for gold offerings? Since the console is new, there isn't an expansive library of games to offer, so it is likely that recently released games will be offered.
    i guess they'll have deals with those 1000's of Indie devs i hear about.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    But that is not the case with the 360. There is an enormous amount of newer quality games that could be given.

The Xbox One will probably only get indy games for free for the first year.

There is no way I can sit back and assume the Xbox One will get better games for free.

Unbound Mercenary
    Yeah, while I will continue to say, free is free. MS could step up their game a little. At least games that are made in the same year. lol
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Thread Information