Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    I skipped over Bioshock 1+2 unfortunately. Picked up Bioshock Infinite, and feel like I gotta be the only person in the world that didn't like that game. OMG that game was a long boring slog of a playthrough.
    I'm right beside you, I went straight from Batman:AA into this and it was like a slap in the face.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

2. Likes shepard likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    All of the Bioshock games did well, Infinite did better than 2K expected. Again, this is a creative decision, not financial.

2 was a big improvement, the mechanics, combat, AI, set pieces, level design, story, narrative flow were way better. I did not care for the first one. Also, Uncharted isn't rated way more highly. However, Uncharted 3 was criticized for not being a bigger leap, and considered worse than 2 by a lot.
    Bioshock:Infinite sold on all system approximately 3M , While Uncharted 3 alone passed the 5M on one console, Bioshock Technically is a much superior game. That's the point that i need you to understand, Infinite sales as a game aren't embarrassing but comparing with Uncharted 3 they are. I am not saying the studio is closing for financial reasons but because gamers taste is getting lower every year. So there is no point on continuing to spend millions on games unless they are aimed for mindless action fans. They even cancelled or froze the vita version.

GTA5 is the most expensive game ever, it also generated $#@! load of money, but the only thing 95% of the people who played it only cares about, is missing around instead of playing the actual game as it's supposed to.

The last of Us as a stealth game compared to Splinter Cell or MGS has a very poor gameplay, but because it's considered a " Cinemeatic Experience " with an immersive story people liked it. ( Please don't call me a troll )

Splinetr cell itself at one point turned from hardcore stealth game, into something more fast paced in order to appeal to the masses.
    Last edited by Abdou23; 02-21-2014 at 02:35.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    Bioshock:Infinite sold on all system approximately 3M , While Uncharted 3 alone passed the 5M on one console, Bioshock Technically is a much superior game. That's the point that i need you to understand, Infinite sales
    Nope.

Why? Let's break it down.

Bioshock/Infinite is meant to be an FPS. The aspect which the game(s) are most critiqued of the series. Its gunplay being fairly weak.

What carries it? Levine's storytelling/narrative (interestingly enough, Irrational is becoming more narrative focused).

Uncharted is an Action Adventure - what aspects of its shooting, running, combat, etc is weak, when compared to other games of its genre? Or rather, is it the best? Probably not, but I would dare you put 5 or more games over it - in that department.

I can't say the same for Biochock/Infinite, for the FPS genre. There are last last gen (PS2) games with better gun play (e.g. Black).
    Last edited by Admartian; 02-21-2014 at 03:19.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    Splinetr cell itself at one point turned from hardcore stealth game, into something more fast paced in order to appeal to the masses.
    True. Chaos Theory is the last Splinter Cell I bought. All the ones released since do go too actiony..

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    This sucks. I've loved every Bioshock game. But it does open the door for something new. Bioshock was one of the most original games I've ever played. Hopefully he can have another vision of that type.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    True. Chaos Theory is the last Splinter Cell I bought. All the ones released since do go too actiony..
    You need to play the latest, on max difficulty.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Thread Information