Latest PSU headlines:

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I was referring to the guy in the second video. The first one should obviously be taken with a grain of salt. It's only his opinions. As for that "visual flair" you claim that we see in ps4. Sorry bud, but I'm not seeing it yet. I see great looking games on both consoles and definitely nothing that blows the other away. Not even close to it. The most visually impressive game I've seen on consoles is still on xb1. Until I see something more impressive, that's my rule. I'm calling it the way I see it. I do think its funny that I'm being accused of favoritism and having a double standard here on this forum....lol
    What's so funny about pissing in the wind? ... lol

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

2. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Pretty much.
    You can MRT up to 4 full 1080p buffer in the 32 mb @ 32 bits.
    Where it all goes wrong is something like RGBA16 -thats 128bits per pixel which results in the entire 32mb being used.
    There are differing ways you can get aorund it all, pack your data differently etc, but the end result will be, something will give, like HDR for example, or precision in you shadow buffer, depth buffers etc etc.

Realistically 32mb give you 4 x32 bit buffers. How you choose to use them, up to the dev, but yeah no where enough to do a single buffer deffered render. (We aren't even mentioning the final assembly).
    This is just going to cause issues for the entire life time of the X1, will all major 3rd party engines either going purely deferred like Unreal 4 or partially like Cryengine. Though this might explain why Ryse is the best looking X1 game as its pushing deferred ( prob 2 tile pass) with a forward component where it can.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    Really getting tired of all this secret sauce bull$#@! when it comes to the xbone. Ooh tiled resources. PS4 supports that too. The facts are that the xbone is still a weaker machine than the ps4. Both consoles will improve over time as devs really start getting used to both architectures, but the PS4 is always gonna be on top.

5. Likes AttackTitan, K2D , melstrom, mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by N0REGARD4LIFE View Post
    Really getting tired of all this secret sauce bull$#@! when it comes to the xbone. Ooh tiled resources. PS4 supports that too. The facts are that the xbone is still a weaker machine than the ps4. Both consoles will improve over time as devs really start getting used to both architectures, but the PS4 is always gonna be on top.
    That pretty well sums it up right there.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    it doesn't matter. xbox 360 was also weaker too but it did ok.The games are what matters the most.

PSN ID
    nadja512
    it doesn't matter. xbox 360 was also weaker too but it did ok.The games are what matters the most.
    hypocrisy is strong with this one.

9. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    and that's why 360 was known for its games.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    and that's why 360 was known for its games.
    damn right, and it still is. xb1 is just getting started. Some good years are ahead.

Superior Member

Gaps may increase since devs may optimize for that power difference.

Secret sauces are so lame. We heard bunch and most of them were straight up not even true. It seems like some people are trying some secret sauce argument and if that one gets proven completely false, they move on to next one.

People may have forgotten, but Me remembers. Ahhh. Secret sauce audio chip argument that got proven completely false.

13. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    damn right, and it still is. xb1 is just getting started. Some good years are ahead.
    the faith is strong with you luke.

15. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Superior Member

PS3 vs Xbox 360 = small gap.

PS4 vs Xbox One = big gap.

Small gap =/= big gap. lol

Quote Originally Posted by melstrom View Post
    hypocrisy is strong with this one.
    we need memes and gifs. anyone?

17. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Sage
    the faith is strong with you luke.
    its all good. i know the games will be there, and games like Titan Fall are only the beginning.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    its all good. i know the games will be there, and games like Titan Fall are only the beginning.
    lol

Extreme Poster
    i'm sure there will be but you're acting like Sony does not have the advantage there and did not have it last gen. you are deluded.

Forum Sage
    i'm sure there will be but you're acting like Sony does not have the advantage there and did not have it last gen. you are deluded.
    I'm deluded because i'm not discussing sony..lol I'm sure they will have their great games too but i'm more excited about what MS has announced as far as games goes. very exciting year ahead.

Extreme Poster
    I'm deluded because i'm not discussing sony..lol I'm sure they will have their great games too but i'm more excited about what MS has announced as far as games goes. very exciting year ahead.
    wow, you lie to people's face man. seriously, you "just" made the comment 5 posts ago. you were not only commenting on something that was comparing the two, you actually said, and i quote,
    it doesn't matter? lol. so why say that? YES IT DOES MATTER. because Sony has the advantage in game development and the console is powerful. yes it does matter.

yes it does. let that echo your ears for a while. yes it does matter. they have it all. games and power. yes, believe in it. just let it happen. don't fight it.

you are something else man...i will never understand why people like you continue to fight the fight.

23. Likes AttackTitan likes this post
    Forum Sage
    wow, you lie to people's face man. seriously, you "just" made the comment 5 posts ago. you were not only commenting on something that was comparing the two, you actually said, and i quote, it doesn't matter? lol. so why say that? YES IT DOES MATTER. because Sony has the advantage in game development and the console is powerful. yes it does matter.

yes it does. let that echo your ears for a while. yes it does matter. they have it all. games and power. yes, believe in it. just let it happen. don't fight it.

you are something else man...i will never understand why people like you continue to fight the fight.
    lol..i made the comment about the 360 doing ok being the weaker of the two and how it didn't matter in the end. Maybe i should of said it didn't matter to me. Its all about producing great games and neither one is will be short on that. Now if want to turn this into a vs thing go right ahead. I'm just saying we will get some great xb1 games regardless of the hardware being weaker or more powerful. So i'll stick to what i said. The games are what matters the most for me.

Extreme Poster
    lol..i made the comment about the 360 doing ok being the weaker of the two and how it didn't matter in the end. Maybe i should of said it didn't matter to me. Its all about producing great games and neither one is will be short on that. Now if want to turn this into a vs thing go right ahead. I'm just saying we will get some great xb1 games regardless of the hardware being weaker or more powerful. So i'll stick to what i said. The games are what matters the most for me.
    that sounds a lot better and i don't disagree one bit.

Forum Sage
    that sounds a lot better and i don't disagree one bit.
    lol...come on, bro. I think i was being perfectly clear before. You are the one who went there with the comparisons.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    wow, you lie to people's face man. seriously, you "just" made the comment 5 posts ago. you were not only commenting on something that was comparing the two, you actually said, and i quote, it doesn't matter? lol. so why say that? YES IT DOES MATTER. because Sony has the advantage in game development and the console is powerful. yes it does matter.

Have a hug Sufi, you need it.

<hugs>

You really need to stop reading too much into what people post.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Extreme Poster
    not trying to be a douche but your comment did not imply what you are not explaining. now, i'm not saying that people need a big disclaimer every time they post but i always try to make sure i'm perfectly clear in my posts so there's no misunderstanding. let me explain how that post could've been written better since you had replied to a comment that was comparing the two consoles directly.

instead of
    could've made a lot more sense, had you said,
    it doesn't matter to me. xbox 360 was also weaker too but it did ok. Xbox games are what matter to me the most.
    and i would not have said a thing because you can't argue with preference. your post was implying from a much broader perspective, not just yours.

though i'd still argue against the 360 being weaker because for the most part, it really wasn't at all, but in some context, that was true.

Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Have a hug Sufi, you need it.

<hugs>

You really need to stop reading too much into what people post.
    it's a snowball effect...which brings out the worst in me.
    Last edited by Omar; 02-26-2014 at 19:59.

Forum Sage
    not trying to be a douche but your comment did not imply what you are not explaining. now, i'm not saying that people need a big disclaimer every time they post but i always try to make sure i'm perfectly clear in my posts so there's no misunderstanding. let me explain how that post could've been written better since you had replied to a comment that was comparing the two consoles directly.

instead of

could've made a lot more sense, had you said, and i would not have said a thing because you can't argue with preference. your post was implying from a much broader perspective, not just yours.

though i'd still argue against the 360 being weaker because for the most part, it really wasn't at all, but in some context, that was true.

it's a snowball effect...which brings out the worst in me.
    Its not my fault you read into things that way. Who else would i be referring to if not my preferences? I never said anything about xb1 having the best console games or questioned sony's ability to produce their own. I'm not going to change the way i post in this or any other section just to suite you.

Extreme Poster
    Its not my fault you read into things that way. Who else would i be referring to if not my preferences? I never said anything about xb1 having the best console games or questioned sony's ability to produce their own. I'm not going to change the way i post in this or any other section just to suite you.
    not asking you to change anything. your post was incorrect. i questioned it. that's all there is to it. if someone makes a post i don't agree with, i question it or correct it. you don't have to respond, i'm not forcing you to respond.

your posting style doesn't hurt my accountability.

Forum Sage
    not asking you to change anything. your post was incorrect. i questioned it. that's all there is to it. if someone makes a post i don't agree with, i question it or correct it. you don't have to respond, i'm not forcing you to respond.

your posting style doesn't hurt my accountability.
    Well, thats your opinion. All you did was take something simple and made it unnecessarily complicated. Maybe i should just come in and post gifs, thumb down dislike comments without taking part in a conversation. Thats seems to be accepted more than taking part in the discussion.

Extreme Poster
    Well, thats your opinion. All you did was take something simple and made it unnecessarily complicated. Maybe i should just come in and post gifs, thumb down dislike comments without taking part in a conversation. Thats seems to be accepted more than taking part in the discussion.
    actually i would like those sort of posts from you a lot more, especially if those gifs were hilarious. and no, your comment was incorrect. you intended it to be a certain way but the words you used were incorrect.

Thread Information