Charging via PC while playing

Hello,

I have a problem: my contoller won't charge, at all. It works while connected to the charger, but my charging cable is extremely small. So the way I thought to play is connecting the controller with the short cable to a computer sitting next to me. That way, I could play not sitting right next to the television.

Problem is, when I connect the controller to the computer, it doesn't control the PS3, possibly because it is sync'd with the computer. How can I charge with the computer but still play with the PS3?

Thanks alot!

PSN ID
    Ix_DarkDragon_
    Quote Originally Posted by itkeman View Post
    Hello,

I have a problem: my contoller won't charge, at all. It works while connected to the charger, but my charging cable is extremely small. So the way I thought to play is connecting the controller with the short cable to a computer sitting next to me. That way, I could play not sitting right next to the television.

Problem is, when I connect the controller to the computer, it doesn't control the PS3, possibly because it is sync'd with the computer. How can I charge with the computer but still play with the PS3?

Thanks alot!
    Wouldn't it make logical sense to fully charge your Controller? It takes a long time for the Controller to die out you know.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    SHAZZMAZZ
    Items PS3 Slim
    I no it costs money but there is a charging cable that is very long you can buy.

Is the cable your using the cable that came with with the ps3, the reason i ask is because i have a cable that fits the controller but i have the same problem as you, so i use the cable that came with my ps3 so i reckon it would be best if you buy a new extra long charging cable.
    The Last of Us, Anime, Rosie Jones

No matter what race you are or what you look like or your sexuality or where you come from, We are all the same people and we are all bothers & sisters so love each other & don't let anyone tell you any different.

Remember you can't choose what you are from birth but you can choose what you want to become.

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they are not there we all got to have something to believe in.

Forum Elder
    Do what shaz says. It's easier.

Or go into device manager and right click USB composite device, then disable it. The USB port will then be set to charge only and you should be able to connect to ps3 bluetooth.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

good info

Thread Information