View Poll Results: Will there be a World War 3 before 2050?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, World War 3 will occur within 50 years.

    6 26.09%
  • No, Another World War will not occur within 50 years.

    6 26.09%
  • There will just be normal wars, not world wars.

    11 47.83%
Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 59
  1. #1
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,723
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    6,447 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation

    World War 3 before 2050?

    1. Will the world see another world war before year 2050? Why or why not?

    2. If you answered yes to the first question, who will be against who? North Korea vs the U.N.? The Middle East VS the U.N.?

    My answer is: Yes. The reason why is because tensions over the years and centuries is building up to a boiling point. Something happened between China and the U.S. recently over a Chinese spiritual leader and now our relationship with China is looking bad. I think before 2050 there will be a world war, because all the terriorists, countries who hate the U.N., and etc, have to do is join forces and boom: world war 3.

    I think it will be against either an Asian group (like North Korea and China joining forces) or terriorists who rule certain countries or have a lot of power in certain countries.
    Currently Playing: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire for the Nintendo 3DS

  2. #2
    Valar Morghulis
    Serinous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Posts
    10,879
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    21,767 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    North Korea and China is not likely to join force.. lol.




  3. Likes Mael Duin likes this post
  4. #3
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,723
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    6,447 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    North Korea and China is not likely to join force.. lol.
    Well, I'm just saying, somebody would join forces.
    Currently Playing: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire for the Nintendo 3DS

  5. #4
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,723
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    6,447 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Here's a 3rd question:

    Would countries resort to using nuclear weapons or do you think they would restrain themselves?
    Currently Playing: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire for the Nintendo 3DS

  6. #5
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,133
    Rep Power
    246
    Points
    149,395 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    There won't be another World War in this lifetime.




  7. #6
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,633
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    1,099 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The world never learnt from the past,

    Sent by using my fingers. How else can you
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  8. #7
    Veteran
    The Black Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    MS, USA
    Posts
    4,723
    Rep Power
    51
    Points
    6,447 (12,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    There won't be another World War in this lifetime.
    Why do you say that? When you say lifetime, do you mean this century or do you mean there will NEVER be another world war?
    Currently Playing: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire for the Nintendo 3DS

  9. #8
    Master Sage
    Bitbydeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,492
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    47,450 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Just trying to fight China alone would feel like a world war.

  10. Likes Omar likes this post
  11. #9
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,650
    Rep Power
    91
    Points
    283,388 (888 Banked)
    There'll be war at some point. Resources are limited, yet we just keep growing.

    Like F34R said though, prolly not in our lifetime.
    South America still has lots to give. Russia does too. It's going to be a while.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  12. #10
    Superior Member
    Malt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Darkest Wales
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Age
    37
    Posts
    561
    Rep Power
    11
    Points
    8,198 (0 Banked)
    I can't see another world war, or not in the traditional sense anyway.. Wars will be fought with ideas, economies, money rather than guns, bombs and soldiers. If anything small proxy wars will be fought on a local level, but the days of great powers and superpowers going directly at each other are long gone. Nuclear weapons have made traditional big wars obsolete..

  13. #11
    El Presidente
    podsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    in a box
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,972
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    25,148 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malt View Post
    I can't see another world war, or not in the traditional sense anyway.. Wars will be fought with ideas, economies, money rather than guns, bombs and soldiers. If anything small proxy wars will be fought on a local level, but the days of great powers and superpowers going directly at each other are long gone. Nuclear weapons have made traditional big wars obsolete..
    That's what I think too. I doubt there will be in my life time a war where there is a 'front line.' Its evolved into drones, cyber hacking, sabotage, small groups causing trouble then crawling back into whatever hole they came out of. Its operations like what the SEALS and other special forces pull.

    And there are lots of things that wars can be fought over. Precious metals that we all use in everything electronic but nobody thinks about and water come to my mind first.

    Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

  14. #12
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,133
    Rep Power
    246
    Points
    149,395 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Why do you say that? When you say lifetime, do you mean this century or do you mean there will NEVER be another world war?
    This lifetime for me... which should be around 55 more years. So....




  15. #13
    reaper of souls
    Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Age
    25
    Posts
    10,467
    Rep Power
    105
    Points
    161,925 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't think there will be, it causes too much damage and loss to all countries involved, also it would no doubt cause a lot of riots and protests against such actions

    Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk




  16. #14
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    18,198
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    66,528 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Its only been 1 century since the first world war.
    2050 I will be 70 and my drivers license expires
    Last edited by keefy; 02-22-2014 at 03:04.

  17. Likes Wrath , Malt, $Greatness$ likes this post
  18. #15
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,650
    Rep Power
    91
    Points
    283,388 (888 Banked)
    by the time i am 70. The world population will sit at 15 billion.

    free space will be one of the key commodities.

    i am 22 now.

    15 billion people. triple the CO2 emissions, double the consumption of goods and materials, quadruple the amount of space for farming....I'm glad i'll be signing out at that time if im being honest.

    War of some sort is inevitable. whether over free space, water, or something else. governments must look after their own first. even if it means forcing someone to share. Recent dispute over oil being the primary example.

    It's a phenomenon seen in physics too. Order always descends into chaos - Entropy.

    EDIT:
    the above is true unless we find some way to revolutionise the way we cultivate our resources...just a disclaimer lol
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 02-22-2014 at 03:20.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  19. #16
    Selected Members Council
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    23,137
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    19,628 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Voted for "there will just be normal wars, not world wars".

    I've always thought that America dropping two atomic bombs on Japan was a necessary evil, something to show that countries won't risk starting another world war as no one really wants to witness or certainly not be on the receiving end of nuclear weapons, biological attacks etc. as well as the time and money to rebuild.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 02-22-2014 at 03:29. Reason: Wording.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!



  20. #17
    Community Manager
    Fijiandoce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pacific Isles of Doceness
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Posts
    4,650
    Rep Power
    91
    Points
    283,388 (888 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    Voted for "there will just be normal wars, not world wars".

    I've always thought that America dropping two atomic bombs on Japan was a necessary evil, something to show that countries won't risk starting another world war as no one really wants to witness or certainly not be on the receiving end of nuclear weapons, biological attacks etc. much less the money to rebuild.
    Nuclear research continued after WWII.

    So technically, It was the Russians who's evil brought about change.

    An atomic bomb dropped off the coast of Russia during one their tests was heard, and shattered windows, in the UK as the shockwave was that powerful.

    The guy who invented it became the biggest advocator for dismantling.

    after that is when countries started to realise where the tech would lead them. And the US and Russia ceased the cold war.

    I don't think dropping the bombs was any kind of justifiable evil tbh. The devices power was evident. All it did was cement the US as a powerhouse of the current age.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim


  21. #18
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,734
    Rep Power
    198
    Points
    137,312 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I think before 2050 there will be a world war, because all the terriorists, countries who hate the U.N., and etc, have to do is join forces and boom: world war 3.
    So you mean when the U.S., Saudi, Israel, Russia and China join forces against U.N.? Plausible.

  22. #19
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,263
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    495,049 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    Just trying to fight China alone would feel like a world war.
    Both countries would just collapse. China is as dependent on us, as we are on them.

    Nuclear war won't happen, it just wouldn't make sense. Especially is its North korea against a country such as the us.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  23. Likes Malt likes this post
  24. #20
    Finally You Are Free
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,029
    Rep Power
    137
    Points
    86,270 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    No, it's unlikely. There's no beneficial agenda in another large-scale war. Between the UN and likely foreign intervention, the effort would shatter the economy of the nation(s) leading it. We've already seen the effects of two World Wars, and how the USSR starved itself trying to maintain its front of the Cold War (and how the United States is killing itself now). It's a pointless endeavor. Power doesn't come from soldiers and guns anymore, it's all about economic strength and industrial influence. That is where the modern battlefield lies.

  25. Likes Malt likes this post
  26. #21
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,633
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    1,099 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    We need world war 3, because it has to be

    Sent by using my fingers. How else can you
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  27. #22
    Valar Morghulis
    Serinous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Posts
    10,879
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    21,767 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Well, I'm just saying, somebody would join forces.
    US and China join forces to fight Aliens.




  28. #23
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,719
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    74,328 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    No, it's unlikely. There's no beneficial agenda in another large-scale war. Between the UN and likely foreign intervention, the effort would shatter the economy of the nation(s) leading it. We've already seen the effects of two World Wars, and how the USSR starved itself trying to maintain its front of the Cold War (and how the United States is killing itself now). It's a pointless endeavor. Power doesn't come from soldiers and guns anymore, it's all about economic strength and industrial influence. That is where the modern battlefield lies.
    Yep......nailed it. International trade is the modern battlefield. China could nuke New York City, but then they would just be killing 8 million customers. They may not like red,white, and blue, but they love green even more.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  29. Likes Malt likes this post
  30. #24
    Selected Members Council
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Slime Hill
    Age
    23
    Posts
    23,137
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    19,628 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    Nuclear research continued after WWII.

    So technically, It was the Russians who's evil brought about change.

    An atomic bomb dropped off the coast of Russia during one their tests was heard, and shattered windows, in the UK as the shockwave was that powerful.

    The guy who invented it became the biggest advocator for dismantling.

    after that is when countries started to realise where the tech would lead them. And the US and Russia ceased the cold war.

    I don't think dropping the bombs was any kind of justifiable evil tbh. The devices power was evident. All it did was cement the US as a powerhouse of the current age.
    But dropping those atomic bombs probably saved more lives than it took away. Unless I'm mistaken, the war would have otherwise continued.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!



  31. #25
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,263
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    495,049 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Yep......nailed it. International trade is the modern battlefield. China could nuke New York City, but then they would just be killing 8 million customers. They may not like red,white, and blue, but they love green even more.
    Exactly. China doesn't like us, but they don't hate us enough for that.

    Besides, our arsenal of nukes would keep China, or any other country for that matter, at bay
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.