Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

XB1 price cut UK only

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/02/2...9999-in-the-uk

So it begins...........

Xbox One will soon cost 399.99 in the UK.
    The new estimated retail price will be available from 28 February. Microsoft also confirmed that the new price will apply to the Titanfall bundle that was also announced today.

"But it’s also very much about the launch ofTitanfall, and now seems a great time to offer the best value we can and include what is the hottest game of this new console generation in the box for our fans.""For us it's about giving UK gamers the best value we can," said Xbox's UK Marketing Director Harvey Eagle, who spoke to IGN ahead of today's announcement. "That really starts with the announcement we’re making today with this new 399 price-point.

Will this price-drop be mirrored in other regions? Eagle said, "The new price point is UK only. Nothing to announce in other countries."
    When I asked Eagle about that notion of value – after all, at 399.99, the Xbox One remains 50 more expensive than the PlayStation 4 – he was eager to stress the platform's original vision, as dedicated to games, and teased that a strong year lies ahead.
    "Our vision is really that Xbox One is the place where you can play the best games, the best multiplayer service, and the best entertainment features all in one box. But just take the first part of that statement about our commitment to deliver the best games. When you think about the hottest games coming in the next year, you obviously think of Titanfall, but I’d also say Watch Dogs and Destiny are two other incredibly anticipated games and rightly so. Xbox One is the only console where you’ll be able to play all three of those titles.
    "And from March 14th, we’re including Titanfall for people when they buy an Xbox One. That’s really what we mean when we talk about value."
    When asked about the lack of a robust entertainment offering – so central to the console's original announcement – Eagle acknowledged the platform isn't where it should be in the UK. "I think what you’ve said is fair," says Eagle. "We’re absolutely committed delivering on our entertainment vision. But what I would say is it’s an evolving story.
    "If you just look at what we’ve done with Xbox 360 over the years, it’s a proposition that got stronger and stronger, and that’ll be the case with Xbox One. We’re working really hard with a number of partners – entertainment partners – that we want to bring to the platform as soon as possible. Obviously, BBC is a key partner.
    "We don’t have anything to announce concrete today on that apart from reassure that we’re working hard to try and bring BBC and other great app partners to the platform as soon as we can."
    But he was also keen to tease a strong line-up of games for the year ahead. "There’s never been more games in development than there is today across our studios and across the third-parties for the Xbox One platforms... More to come at E3."
    Last edited by 33x; 02-24-2014 at 16:08.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Forum Overseer

it's funny how it's being played out similar to how the PS3 did with Sony. they had a price cut immediately in Japan I believe.

this is good news, they need to react now so they don't hurt more in the long run. Sony wasn't as reactive.

"If you just look at what we’ve done with Xbox 360 over the years, it’s a proposition that got stronger and stronger, and that’ll be the case with Xbox One. We’re working really hard with a number of partners – entertainment partners – that we want to bring to the platform as soon as possible. Obviously, BBC is a key partner."

smh...

"And from March 14th, we’re including Titanfall for people when they buy an Xbox One. That’s really what we mean when we talk about value."

Whoa what? They are doing a price cut AND Titanfall is included? am i reading that incorrectly?
    Last edited by Omar; 02-24-2014 at 15:51.

PSU Live Streamer
    So is this meant to be hope for the future price in NA? Or is this just a response to Sony dropping PS4 price in UK?

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    So is this meant to be hope for the future price in NA? Or is this just a response to Sony dropping PS4 price in UK?
    just UK for now but i'm sure they're giving it a thought...this may be a testing ground. if the price cut really helps, possible they might repeat it elsewhere.

like i said yesterday, they are likely going to see a slow rise in sales over time or a flat line or it might go down...we don't know at this point. but it's fair to assume that the sales won't be anywhere near the competition. so there needs to an intervention. it doesn't matter if the console is worth it at $500 or not, it is too expensive for people.

Veteran
    Not an official price cut but Microsoft Store (and Amazon is matching) a pre-order Titanfall bundle for $499: Console + Bonus Game + 1-Month Live Card

http://xbox.microsoftstore.com/store...ww2m0khhkzzhhx

Forum Overseer

yeah i noticed stuff like that has been going on for a while now. they are technically price cuts but are meant for those that are on the fence.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    They needed to do something. You just can't charge more for a weaker machine.

Veteran
    I would be slightly tempted by the Titanfall bundle but it's been awhile time since I played an FPS game. Actually, COD4 was the last FPS that I really enjoyed. I know Sony doesn't need to do anything drastic to sell more consoles at this point, but I really hope they release an Infamous SS bundle.

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    well, they can since they're giving a peripheral with it that is expensive. if they didn't have that peripheral, they probably could get away with selling it for $399 and still being a weaker system.

i think they bigger issue they're getting is that they're trying to force things on the core users that don't want any of it. they're tyring to get them in. and then there are unannounced games, that will be announced at E3...that doesn't help...E3 is still ways off. we know Sony will likely announce a few games beforehand because they generally announce a lot more games.

and then, $500 is just too much regardless...just because it's valued at $500 doesn't mean that everyone values it at $500. some peole just will not care for the extra peripheral and would rather take a more bare bones system. you'd think MS would realize that...considering their bare-bones approach worked wonders over PS3's far more value for the money.

Apprentice

This was posted *before* the pricecut, on Feb 16th.

Is Titanfall the XB1's Last Throw of the Dice?

Forum Overseer

^that's just for hits. lol. they would have to do as bad as Wii U to even be concerned. we all know X1 is doing better than it should have. all signs point to them being fine. just not as good as the PS4.

12. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by parallax scroll View Post
    This was posted *before* the pricecut, on Feb 16th. Is Titanfall the XB1's Last Throw of the Dice?
    Yeah I really doubt Titanfall is going to pull them out of the muck especially since its being spread across 3 platforms. 360 owners have no incentive to upgrade to Xbone when Titanfall is coming to their platform as well.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by parallax scroll View Post
    This was posted *before* the pricecut, on Feb 16th.

Is Titanfall the XB1's Last Throw of the Dice?

warning.....don't click on the link if you like your retinas.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Aren't they always doing some backsteps? They did alot since E3, price cut is a nice one, but I don't think this will effect gamers at all.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Yeah I really doubt Titanfall is going to pull them out of the muck especially since its being spread across 3 platforms. 360 owners have no incentive to upgrade to Xbone when Titanfall is coming to their platform as well.
    Pretty much this. I'll be damned if I pay $500 just to play Titanfall. Especially with the lack of a single player campaign. I'll stick with the 360 version. I admit that it is fun....but not $500 fun....with a weaker console. I'm getting the 360 version because, well, I know it can't be that much worse than the XB1 version. The XB1 version isn't exactly a visuals powerhouse. As long as the gameplay is the same I'll be happy.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Ultimate Veteran
    http://news.xbox.com/2014/02/games-t...edition-bundle

Looks like a $60 price drop to me.

Forum Elder
    They have completely did a 180 on all policies and everything the machine was going to be.

Releasing an sku without Kinect is about the last thing to change.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    Pretty much this. I'll be damned if I pay $500 just to play Titanfall. Especially with the lack of a single player campaign. I'll stick with the 360 version. I admit that it is fun....but not $500 fun....with a weaker console. I'm getting the 360 version because, well, I know it can't be that much worse than the XB1 version. The XB1 version isn't exactly a visuals powerhouse. As long as the gameplay is the same I'll be happy.
    To me, that in itself is a bit of a rip-off if they are going to charge full price. Funny thing is that they probably won't be penalized for this in the reviews.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    To me, that in itself is a bit of a rip-off if they are going to charge full price. Funny thing is that they probably won't be penalized for this in the reviews.
    How about a $60 game that only has SP. Is that a rip off?

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I dunno about that.

Let's see. $60 for a SP only game, that barely has any replay value. $60 for a MP only game that you put 100's of hours into.
    BF4, COD, Killzone.....all had both and sold for $60. Halo...Gears....list goes on and on for games of this type.

Forum Overseer

that's not a fair way to compare the amount of hours directly. you can't just say 100s of hours because that depends on the person. just like it depends on the person who is going to enjoy those 6 hours or not.

you have to think about what sort of enjoyment is one getting out of those hours.

just because i like MP games where i spend 100s of hours, does not mean that i won't pay for 6 hours of enjoyment. of course, i won't pay $60 for just SP either, i won't pay $60 for just MP either or I would want more for the money then. but the point is that i still want those SP moments...because you can't have that with all the MP hours you can get.

it's comparing apples to oranges. those that are not into MP games, will not care for any kind of MP game regardless of hours it provides, and vice versa.

SP is still needed, MP is still needed. they just need to be separated and we need more bang for our buck.

So we have to look if Titanfall is providing you more than the regular MP focused games that include an SP. are they giving you enough content?

the hours you get out of SP vs MP are very different sorts of entertainment and their costs are different too to the developer and their experiences are very different to the users as well.

Elite Sage
    I don't see why a game cant charge full price just because it doesn't have a tacked on single player.

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    have to wonder why people with no intention of buying an Xbox, spend so much time here finding fault with it.

it's like they have an agenda against the console. there's a term for it, I'm sure.
    that's a two way street brother.

in addition, if people didn't find faults with it, they would have bought it. would you buy something you didn't agree with?

i figure people come here for information about their console and since it is a multiplat forum (so to speak), you're bound to have comparisons and negative opinions. or you would not come here and post at all.

it's like saying that if a person has no intention of buying a game, why talk bad about it? because to them it is bad? and people come here to talk about it. isn't that the point? or do we keep it a circle jerk.

naturally, you're going to get hell of a lot more negative comments about the Xbox because most of these users are primarily PS owners and they likely don't have high opinion of Sony's competitors if they own a PS console. the other likelyhood (though a lot less) is that they enjoy all and they own all.

what else did you expect from a place that is primarily PS-oriented? but like i said, you can go to any Xbox forum too and if they don't enjoy the product, they will compain about it. or praise if they do like it. pure loyalty is rare...and those sort of people scare me as they give off a vibe that they would easily be manipulated to believe or do anything.

25. Likes K2D likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    This is still $50 more expensive than I can buy it in NZ at launch price.
    UK are getting screwed.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    ANDYENG
    This is pretty good. Its quite a hefty price drop. 125 off isn't bad.

Thread Information