Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 ... LastLast
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I dunno.. it doesn't make much sense, unless that is just policy now. Plenty of exposure, as you suggested, so reviews shouldn't be much different compared to what is already out there.
    Found the answer.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Tit...day-62660.html

You won't have to wait much longer to find out whether Titanfall lives up to the hype. Reviews for Respawn's first game will begin landing on the morning of March 10th, a day before the game's North American launch on Xbox One and PC.

Other online-only games like Diablo 3 and SimCity couldn't be reviewed until launch day because the servers weren't up yet. However, Respawn already has the Titanfallservers online so that reviewers can try out the game. It's a great move because it means that gamers can read reviews on the game before they make their purchase.
    Yeah, makes sense. Can't just play Titanfall like you would a normal game. Servers have to be ready. duh....MP only.

Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    Bundles at GS ..psshh. that cannot be taken as the only indicator. I think titanfall would definitely make more people buy an xbox one than infamous ss would make people buy a ps4. As for more retail copies sold, that would go to infamous as there's a sufficiently larger ps4 base.
    Not the only indicator, but hardly something to "psshh" away either. Sure Titanfall is going to sell some X1s. Already is. The infamous bundle is indicative of PS4's overall demand more than demand for the game. As F34R pointed out, it is the only PS4 version available at GS right now.

Uh...scratch that. Now, there is also a Call of Duty bundle as well. Yeah, it is outselling the Titanfall bundle as well. But still, demand for PS4 itself (regardless of game bundle) is extremely high.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=28-xu0
    Last edited by Christopher; 03-10-2014 at 11:49.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Infamous and call of duty ps4 bundles are outselling the Titanfall standalone copies on gamestop's site.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 03-10-2014 at 14:38.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Forum Overseer
    we're comparing two very different games so it's not going to be straightforward which one is more popular. at this point, we can agree that both are and both will likely push console sales...considering it's so early into the generation...there's nothing else to play.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Titanfall is definitely the more popular/hyped game.

Xbone always has stock on shelves but sales were half of what the ps4 sold in jan.

Xbone boost in sales will definitely be because of TitanFall. Can't say the same about Infamous and PS4 sales going hand in hand.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Forum Overseer
    honestly due to the high demand PS4 already has...i wouldn't be surprised if it helped with the demand but the problem is still the supply so we may not see the affects because the console is already selling so high.

what i will say though is that...i think Infamous will hold its own as it's so early into the generation. I'm definitely seeing more popularity for this game than it has gotten previously but to me, it's still a B+ game, not an A game...but due to the circumstances, it might at least sell 2-3m.

Titanfall is definitely a wild card, i don't really know how it's going to be in sales but i can imagine that it would be at least as good as any popular game should be selling. i just can't say at this point that the sales will be COD good. especially since it's not multiplat...it also doesn't have SP, it's not going to be out on PS3/PS4. there are some things that are likely going to hurt the sales since COD doesn't have to put up with those issues.

i'm thinking it will get around 3-5m lifetime sales and more in sequels...especially if it goes multiplat. but yeah, we'll see how it goes.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    I wonder how much it will sell on the PC since the graphics aren't dominating anything GPU wise. It is possible it could sell more on the PC.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    I wonder how much it will sell on the PC since the graphics aren't dominating anything GPU wise. It is possible it could sell more on the PC.
    It won't sell worth $#@! on PC. PC gamers are very high maintenance. There are enough games on PC to ignore this title. COD sells like $#@! on PC. I think BF probably sells more.

it is likely going to sell the most on 360 and then X1. PC will likely sell less than 1m lifetime.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    I predict Titan fall sells good the first week then drops sharply when people get bored. With no story per say there is nothing to invest you in the game.
    Last edited by thanatos144; 03-10-2014 at 19:28.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    It won't sell worth $#@! on PC. PC gamers are very high maintenance. There are enough games on PC to ignore this title. COD sells like $#@! on PC. I think BF probably sells more.

it is likely going to sell the most on 360 and then X1. PC will likely sell less than 1m lifetime.
    Disagree.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    I predict Titan fall sells good the first week then drops sharply when people get bored. With no story per say there is nothing to invest you in the game.
    I agree. You need a story to know who your fighting, why, what's at stake, etc...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    I disagree. You could say similar things about some single player only games which doesn't offer the replay value.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I disagree. You could say similar things about some single player only games which doesn't offer the replay value.
    It does if youre a SP guy just like MP does if youre a MP guy. I replay my SP games all the time. Replay value is subjective.

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    This guy nailed it, imo.

The total lack of single-player capability is at odds with most other FPS games. If the likes of Call of Duty or Halo can provide both single- and multiplayer modes for the same price tag, it doesn’t seem right that Titanfall can’t. While Respawn and EA are cutting down on the price of development by foregoing single-player, those savings aren’t being passed on to gamers, which is the concerning part of the game. At the very least, including an offline AI bot mode would seem to be a no-brainer, but it’s not here for whatever reason.
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/techn...ticle17392517/
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

14. Likes Malt, mistercrow likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I agree... if you don't want to pay full price for the content, then don't.

I agree... if you don't want to pay full price for the content, then don't.
    lol, yeah, that has been your take on it, but well.....nah.....we will never agree on this, bro.

17. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Friendship is Carrots
    Well, there's nothing innate about it. It simply comes down to if the game is worth it or not to you. Some people won't find the content and fun factor Titanfall offers in its multiplayer to be worth 60$. But the guy who will put 150+ hours into it will.

Given the development process, would it be more fair if it was a lower price? Maybe, perhaps even probably. But the decision to buy into it is still on the gamer's end.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    lol, yeah, that has been your take on it, but well.....nah.....we will never agree on this, bro.
    What won't we agree on? Speak with your wallet. Let them know that you won't buy an online only game for $60. I'm not sure what there is to agree or disagree about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Well, there's nothing innate about it. It simply comes down to if the game is worth it or not to you. Some people won't find the content and fun factor Titanfall offers in its multiplayer to be worth 60$. But the guy who will put 150+ hours into it will.

Given the development process, would it be more fair if it was a lower price? Maybe, perhaps even probably. But the decision to buy into it is still on the gamer's end.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post

What won't we agree on? Speak with your wallet. Let them know that you won't buy an online only game for $60. I'm not sure what there is to agree or disagree about.
    yeah.....goes beyond "don't buy it if you don't like it", imo. Agree with the author on this point as well.

Yet Titanfall is also a worrisome product that delivers only a fraction of what competing games – including Call of Duty – do, for the same price tag. That sets a worrying precedent where gamers are set to get less game for the same money. As the next generation of consoles takes root, this is both a commercial and an artistic concern.
    Last edited by Christopher; 03-10-2014 at 23:20.

Superior Member
    there's no way to justify a mp only game for the full msrp MS and Respawn are asking their consumers for. not enough content, especially with that ridiculously overpriced collectors edition.

Dedicated Member
    I think there's nothing wrong pricing x1's biggest game yet for the full 60 usd even it is mp only, i mean you know what you are getting when going to buy it. On the same count, it wouldn't be right to dock the game points in reviews because it is mp only, it has been known since inception that this is a multiplayer game.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    I don't mind paying $60 for a MP only game if I get $60 worth of playability out of it and it has to come to my standard in that case. If Battlefield 5 was polished when it released with hardly any horrible bugs in the game, that game would be worth $60 if it was MP only.

If people feel it's a worthy purchase for them, I really don't see a problem in it. Sure, the game could be cheaper, but I'm not really bothered by it.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    I don't mind paying $60 for a MP only game if I get $60 worth of playability out of it and it has to come to my standard in that case. If Battlefield 5 was polished when it released with hardly any horrible bugs in the game, that game would be worth $60 if it was MP only.

If people feel it's a worthy purchase for them, I really don't see a problem in it. Sure, the game could be cheaper, but I'm not really bothered by it.
    110$ if you don't already have XBL subscribtion.

I havent looked at either bundles but please tell me MS is not doing a $#@! move by not including a sub and making the bundle worthless?

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    I think there's nothing wrong pricing x1's biggest game yet for the full 60 usd even it is mp only, i mean you know what you are getting when going to buy it. On the same count, it wouldn't be right to dock the game points in reviews because it is mp only, it has been known since inception that this is a multiplayer game.
    so by that logic, if we knew that a game was $#@!ty from the inception then it shouldn't also get docked right? wrong.

if it has enough content to justify the cost then that's why it shouldn't get docked, not the way you suggest it.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post

I havent looked at either bundles but please tell me MS is not doing a $#@! move by not including a sub and making the bundle worthless?

There is no sub added from some free five day thing.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post

Of course their $#@!s, but we all knew this back in the 90's even before Xbox. As for EA, this comes as no surprise and I'm wondering if respawn is kind of screwed in this whole deal as if it was their decision or EA.

Is Respawn owned by EA or is EA just their publisher for this Titanfall series?
    Last edited by Demi_God; 03-11-2014 at 15:20.

Thread Information