Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 127
  1. #26
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,360
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    75,079 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Substance, I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish here with your posts.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  2. #27
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,578
    Rep Power
    187
    Points
    94,899 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    spying on people that are potential threats is one thing, spying on an entire population to keep them under control is a completely different thing. that is how they want to maintain control. it is about freedom, it isn't about protection or safety.

    i keep spouting it out in the general politics thread, this is new world order and they're so clever with it that they're doing it right under our noses. this is how they are going to keep their control on people. SS doesn't tell you everything, but with new ways to register with the govt. e.g. your guns, and now your healthcare, they know everything about you and we're not talking about that they "can" use it against you, they "have".

    this is a form of oppression. how are elections going to be fair at all when they have this much control over things. i don't think we have seen a fair election in the past 2 decades.
    Last edited by Omar; 02-27-2014 at 21:43.

  3. #28
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,679
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    56,721 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Originally Posted by mistercrow
    Naive? Thats what I would call somebody who blindly trusts the government while calling those who have the presence of mind to question it "paranoid."
    then you should call yourself naive too because you do it on a daily basis whether you admit to it or not. remember that the next time you swipe your bank card, fly on a plane, or file your taxes.

  4. #29
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,291
    Rep Power
    106
    Points
    47,126 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You'd be shocked at what you read before you press 'ACCEPT TERMS AND CONDITIONS'

  5. #30
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,707
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,416,552 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    then you should call yourself naive too because you do it on a daily basis whether you admit to it or not. remember that the next time you swipe your bank card, fly on a plane, or file your taxes.
    And now they can watch you through MS's Kinect. Nice of MS to charge their customers for the chance to be visually spied upon isn't it?

    Let's stay OT, this isn't about bank cards, taxes or planes, it's about the use of an unwanted peripheral being exploited by the NSA.

  6. #31
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,831
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    37,512 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I'm not dictating anything. i'm just saying governments spy. Not just on yahoo users or xb1 owners. So if you are gonna be paranoid, be that way for almost any type of technology. Just because you feel a certain way doesn't mean it should interfere with our daily lives. Big companies like MS and sony know these things happen. There isn't much they can do about it. Some people even agree to it without ever knowing it because they choose not to read.




    yea, like a million other things. They shouldn't use banks and "credit checks" to spy on us either but they do.
    *FACEPALM* x1000

    You either genuinely missed the point, or are trying to be disingenuous.

    I don't know what's worse. I'm not even mad lol I'm just dumbfounded at the logic...

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  7. Likes AttackTitan, Christopher likes this post
  8. #32
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    164
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    then you should call yourself naive too because you do it on a daily basis whether you admit to it or not. remember that the next time you swipe your bank card, fly on a plane, or file your taxes.
    So what, we should just go ahead and add another means of getting spied on into our home because hey, we're already getting spied on anyway? Nice logic. lol

  9. #33
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,679
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    56,721 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    And now they can watch you through MS's Kinect. Nice of MS to charge their customers for the chance to be visually spied upon isn't it?

    Let's stay OT, this isn't about bank cards, taxes or planes, it's about the use of an unwanted peripheral being exploited by the NSA.
    No different than you being charged by any other company. You can't put the blame solely on ms because xbox or kinect is not a necessity.

  10. #34
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    164
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    No different than you being charged by any other company. You can't put the blame solely on ms because xbox or kinect is not a necessity.
    So thats what this is really about, you just defending the good name of MS again. lol Exactly what I thought. Smh.

  11. #35
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,831
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    37,512 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    So thats what this is really about, you just defending poor little MS again. Exactly what I thought. Smh.
    The funny thing is, no one was even hinting at it being MS' fault.

    It's like getting angry at someone yelling when they didn't even yell...

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  12. #36
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    164
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    The funny thing is, no one was even hinting at it being MS' fault. It's like getting angry at someone yelling when they didn't even yell...
    Yep exactly. I thought we were actually talking about the government.

  13. #37
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,831
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    37,512 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Yep exactly. I thought we were actually talking about the government.
    Yep - we all know companies like Google, Apple, Samsung, MS, Sony etc are basically tied by legislation to give stuff up. Now it's one thing for us to say that if they all stood up to them (govts), would it be different? (another thread).

    But yeah, no fingers were pointed at any of the companies.

    If anything, someone posted that they may not even need to consult MS or Yahoo. So yeah.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  14. #38
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,707
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,416,552 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    No different than you being charged by any other company. You can't put the blame solely on ms because xbox or kinect is not a necessity.
    Can't blame MS for putting a product with mandatory webcam into millions of homes which they probably knew would be exploited by the NSA?

    http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-23285642

  15. #39
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,578
    Rep Power
    187
    Points
    94,899 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Sub, you are breaking records here. i have never seen someone be ok with something like this for the sake of some stupid game console company. what about your freedom!

    ugh, this is why i think that we were meant to be treated like sheep...because we are sheep!

  16. Likes Mael Duin likes this post
  17. #40
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,679
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    56,721 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    The funny thing is, no one was even hinting at it being MS' fault.

    It's like getting angry at someone yelling when they didn't even yell...
    Thats exactly my point. Are we more concerned about the spying itself or it being done with a cam from MS? I'm just going by some of the comments.

  18. #41
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,048
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    64,244 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Thats exactly my point. Are we more concerned about the spying itself or it being done with a cam from MS? I'm just going by some of the comments.
    Are you dismissing all of it simply because it is being done with a cam from MS? Answer: Yes.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  19. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  20. #42
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,831
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    37,512 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Thats exactly my point. Are we more concerned about the spying itself or it being done with a cam from MS? I'm just going by some of the comments.
    Both. But it's not necessarily MS' fault. They should be allowed to have that camera. However, by virtue, it being a camera and considering governments' access to these things, is what is worrying.

    So what's your point?

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  21. #43
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,707
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,416,552 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Thats exactly my point. Are we more concerned about the spying itself or it being done with a cam from MS? I'm just going by some of the comments.
    As I posted above. MS is already the bum boy of NSA according to Snowden's leaks. They have worked with NSA to give them back door entry into hotmail, skype and other MS services. Then, knowing that at any time they could be called upon by NSA to do more, they release a home entertainment system aimed at a broad audience with a mandatory webcam which can now be used for visual surveillance. But let's further defend MS for this lovely trojan horse that they driving into people's homes.

  22. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  23. #44
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,578
    Rep Power
    187
    Points
    94,899 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    what he means is that if it's going to involve anything negative about the MS, it has to be defended.

    EDIT: @Ghost. I don't think it's mandatory anymore...could someone confirm if the console can be used with the cam completely unplugged?

  24. #45
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,831
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    37,512 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    what he means is that if it's going to involve anything negative about the MS, it has to be defended.

    EDIT: @Ghost. I don't think it's mandatory anymore...could someone confirm if the console can be used with the cam completely unplugged?
    I Think Ghost was saying that it's mandatory as PART of the console.

    But I'm 99% sure it WORKS while unplugged? (please someone confirm)

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  25. #46
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,578
    Rep Power
    187
    Points
    94,899 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    that's what i thought too because they announced it that way but you know how the small print goes sometimes. it'd be interesting to get a confirmation though. I know F34R's usually good with that $#@! lol.

  26. #47
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    164
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    I Think Ghost was saying that it's mandatory as PART of the console. But I'm 99% sure it WORKS while unplugged? (please someone confirm)
    Even if it doesnt MS is still packaging it with every console in the hope and intention that as many people as possible implement it into their home entertainment set up.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-27-2014 at 22:26.

  27. #48
    Master Sage
    Bitbydeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    14,008
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    40,882 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Thats exactly my point. Are we more concerned about the spying itself or it being done with a cam from MS? I'm just going by some of the comments.
    Doesn't matter who the company is, nobody should be able to peek through a camera and see inside your home. It is a massive invasion of privacy.

  28. Likes Malt likes this post
  29. #49
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Hey, if I had a program that let me spy on anyone using a PC camera or Xbox kinect camera and there was nothing anyone could do about it, I'd be on that thing all day long. It would be better than watching TV, it's pure entertainment at it's best.

  30. #50
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,288
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    13,288 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Substance, I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish here with your posts.
    To do damage control for MS.

    All this news is bad for MS. They should address it asap.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.