Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Over 60 new ID@Xbox developers join the Xbox One indie army

First games in certification now

http://www.totalxbox.com/72281/over-...ne-indie-army/

Microsoft has added almost 70 developers to the list of successful ID@Xbox applicants, which now spans over 200 developers in total. Stand outs include Playdead, developer of Limbo, Ska Studios, developer of Charlie Murder and The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile, and The Behemoth, creator of Castle Crashers and Battleblock Theater.
    "It has been an exciting couple months for ID@Xbox," reads a post by Chris Charla, program director, on the Xbox NewsWire. "We created this program to make it easy for independent developers to bring their innovative ideas to Xbox One, and the response from the community continues to be amazing!"
    There are apparently "thousands" of applicants to ID@Xbox, which was unveiled last summer - Crytek, Double Fine, Slightly Mad and Comcept were among the first to be announced. "This list is by no means exhaustive," cautions Charla. "It's just a sample of the many independent developers who will be bringing their games to Xbox One."
    The first ID@Xbox games are apparently in certification now - according to an earlier report, they'll release in March. Check out Aoife's round-up of all confirmed ID@Xbox games so far - I wonder which of them will land first?
    New ID@Xbox developers - 27th February 2014
    - 4gency
    - A Crowd of Monster
    - Alientrap Games
    - The Behemoth
    - BetaDwarf
    - Big Ant Studios
    - Bloober Team
    - Blowfish Studios
    - Brain in a Jar
    - Brushfire Games
    - Cherry Pop Games Ltd
    - Codeglue
    - Code-Monkeys
    - Compulsion Games
    - Crunching Koalas
    - Deco Digital
    - Empty Clip Studios
    - Escalation Studios
    - EXOR Studios
    - FarSight Studios
    - Fatshark
    - Flix Interactive
    - Four Door Lemon Ltd
    - Frambosa
    - Frima
    - Glass Bottom Games
    - HB Studios
    - Headup Games
    - Heart Machine
    - Holmade Games
    - Humble Hearts LLC
    - I Fight Bears
    - Implausible Industries
    - Iridium Studios
    - iSquared Games Ltd
    - Larian Studios
    - Mediatonic
    - MeinMein
    - Mighty Rabbit Studios
    - Mimimi Productions
    - nDreams Ltd
    - NeocoreGames
    - No Goblin
    - n-Space
    - Piwot
    - Pixel Balloon
    - Playdead
    - Rebellion
    - Relentless Software
    - RetroCoders
    - Ripstone
    - Robomodo
    - Ska Studios
    - Smudged Cat Games Ltd
    - Snowrunner
    - Spry Fox
    - Tiny Castle Studios
    - Toxic Games
    - Vector Unit
    - Vertigo Games BV
    - VooFoo Studios
    - Warhorse Studios
    - WaterMelon
    - Xona Games
    - ZoŽ Mode

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Well, give me some good exclusive games from all these devs.

Superior Member
    Are any of these exclusive to MS or are they the same ones that are already on board with Sony?
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Ok, let me get this straight again, when Sony announced the indie support for PS4 it was no big deal because indie developers are crap and make mediocre shovelware games, but now that MS has announced indie support for the X1 all of a sudden its awesome sauce now and these indie developers will bring an amazing addition to the X1 software lineup. Ok, I gotcha. Just trying to keep up with all these double standards. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-01-2014 at 23:27.

Dedicated Member
    Yes, You are correct; Nothing matters or is important until Microsoft says it's positive and spin's in their direction;; This is why they will never understand Quantum Computing as well! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Ok, let me get this straight again, when Sony announced the indie support for PS4 it was no big deal because indie developers are crap and make mediocre shovelware games, but now that MS has announced indie support for the X1 all of a sudden its awesome sauce now and these indie developers will bring an amazing addition to the X1 software lineup. Ok, I gotcha. Just trying to keep up with all these double standards. lol
    Sleeping very soundly on a Saturday morning I was dreaming
    I was Al Capone
    There's a rumour going round, gotta clear outta town
    I'm smelling like a dry fish bone
    Here come the Law, gonna break down the door, gonna carry me
    away once more
    Never, never, never get it any more
    Gotta get away from this stone cold floor
    Crazy
    Stone cold crazy, you know

Forum Sage
    lol...what do you mean by "now that MS has announced indie support"? they've always had indie support.These are just the latest to sing on for the program. Who here said anything about it being awesome sauce?

Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    Yes, You are correct; Nothing matters or is important until Microsoft says it's positive and spin's in their direction;; This is why they will never understand Quantum Computing as well! lol.
    You don't need to in order to play and enjoy games.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 03-02-2014 at 00:15.

Dedicated Member
    I notice you didn't highlight the important part of my statement, you know, the one containing truth?

Just saying,

Substance-1, lol.
    Sleeping very soundly on a Saturday morning I was dreaming
    I was Al Capone
    There's a rumour going round, gotta clear outta town
    I'm smelling like a dry fish bone
    Here come the Law, gonna break down the door, gonna carry me
    away once more
    Never, never, never get it any more
    Gotta get away from this stone cold floor
    Crazy
    Stone cold crazy, you know

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    I notice you didn't highlight the important part of my statement, you know, the one containing truth?

Just saying,

Substance-1, lol.
    yea, he does that a lot.

Anyway. All this is, is games that are going to be made for the Xbox, they are not exclusive at all. some may be timed exclusive but I've only heard of a few of these developers, other than that it's not really a big deal. But then again I guess this is more of a mountain out of a mole hill in this case.

Forum Sage

Just saying,

Substance-1, lol
    Thats because I noticed your post had nothing to do with the topic, which is a perfect example of double standards here. I guess you're right when you say nothing matters. Especially in this section...lol I posted the info for the ones who are interested in xbox-one games. It has nothing to do with double standards or sony .

Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    yea, they do that a lot.
    I fixed that for ya.
    Anyway. All this is, is games that are going to be made for the Xbox, they are not exclusive at all. some may be timed exclusive but I've only heard of a few of these developers, other than that it's not really a big deal. But then again I guess this is more of a mountain out of a mole hill in this case.
    i think you guys are making this out to be something more than what it really is. More indies are signing on the xb1 program. Thats basically what it says. posting it doesn't mean gloating.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 03-02-2014 at 01:24.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Thats because I noticed your post had nothing to do with the topic, which is a perfect example of double standards here. I guess you're right when you say nothing matters. Especially in this section...lol I posted the info for the ones who are interested in xbox-one games. It has nothing to do with double standards or sony .

I fixed that for ya.

i think you guys are making this out to be something more than what it really is. More indies are signing on the xb1 program. Thats basically what it says. posting it doesn't mean gloating.

it's just indie devs that will also make games for Xbox, however, they're not exclusive.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    Are any of these exclusive to MS or are they the same ones that are already on board with Sony?
    I believe ID@Xbox is not an exclusive contract with MS. However, it does say that game cannot come out first on PS4 unless Indie already has contract with Sony.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    it's just indie devs that will also make games for Xbox, however, they're not exclusive.
    Right, thats exactly what it is,but no one claimed exclusive games were in the mix.

Superior Member

You don't need to in order to play and enjoy games.
    But you do, if you want to preach that it is some revolutionary tech and not just PR.

So you just admitted to telling us that you don't actually know what you are talking about, but just preach based on PR only and only if it is positive to MS.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Good to hear more devs are being signed up, hopefully we'll get some decent games out of it

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Superior Member

you listening to some slow jams, cause you all in your feelings. Lolz

MS started support for the Indies early in the 360's life. So what's all these emotions about... 😞

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by AttackTitan View Post
    But you do, if you want to preach that it is some revolutionary tech and not just PR.

So you just admitted to telling us that you don't actually know what you are talking about, but just preach based on PR only and only if it is positive to MS.
    Which no one has done either. Whats revolutionary about indies having their games go through certification? Who's preaching? It sound more like some of you just don't want to accept this as good news for

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Good to hear more devs are being signed up, hopefully we'll get some decent games out of it

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
    I hope so. We are bound to get at least a few good game with all those indies signed up. Also, I pulled a Fear move and reported you for being on topic...lol
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 03-02-2014 at 02:02.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Remember to keep this about the Xbox One. There is no reason to be bringing up the PS4 in this thread.

I am not pointing any fingers, rad and sub......

18. Likes F34R likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TrUe GaMeR View Post
    you listening to some slow jams, cause you all in your feelings. Lolz MS started support for the Indies early in the 360's life. So what's all these emotions about... 😞 Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    Serious? True Gamer talking about getting emotional. Now thats some irony right there...lol

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    LordVenger
    Items User name style
    The only thing that's interesting here is that it took Microsoft this long to realize Sony had totally stolen a march on them. They pooched indie support from day one of the XOne announcement, and now what, 100 days later they are trying to avoid anyone noticing they screwed up?

21. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    The only thing that's interesting here is that it took Microsoft this long to realize Sony had totally stolen a march on them. They pooched indie support from day one of the XOne announcement, and now what, 100 days later they are trying to avoid anyone noticing they screwed up?
    nah, ms always had good indie support. Just look at the enormous amount of 360 indie titles. That's just a small list out thousands. The support for xb1 looks to be on track.

Superior Member

Whether MS is catching up or not, still not bad more indies are getting support.

Which no one has done either. Whats revolutionary about indies having their games go through certification? Who's preaching? It sound more like some of you just don't want to accept this as good news for
    We were all talking about generality of your post on how you preach based on PR. Offer nothing solid and keep saying, well PR said this.

Sounds like someone doesn't want to be called out for doing exactly what he does.

I love you feigning ignorance. An obvious tell you got nothing.

Keep up the good fight. Any PR news I missed, I can count on you to bring it to us. Any slightly damaging facts get revealed, I can count on you to bravely defy logic and fact to defend MS. Keep strong.
    Last edited by AttackTitan; 03-02-2014 at 14:25.

24. Likes Two4DaMoney , mistercrow, Demi_God likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by AttackTitan View Post
    Whether MS is catching up or not, still not bad more indies are getting support.

We were all talking about generality of your post on how you preach based on PR. Offer nothing solid and keep saying, well PR said this.

Sounds like someone doesn't want to be called out for doing exactly what he does.

I love you feigning ignorance. An obvious tell you got nothing.

Keep up the good fight. Any PR news I missed, I can count on you to bring it to us. Any slightly damaging facts get revealed, I can count on you to bravely defy logic and fact to defend MS. Keep strong.
    PR or not, if this program results in more good indie games it's fine by me. I enjoyed games like castle crashers, the dishwasher and limbo on Xbox 360. According to that article we should be seeing the first ones on xb1 this month.

Thread Information