Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
Results 26 to 46 of 46
  1. #26
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,133
    Rep Power
    246
    Points
    149,395 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Based off the scores I gave each console, you should clearly choose the PS4 at this point.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 3
    I have to disagree with ya on this point. Definitely nothing "clearly" about it. How much of what you wrote actually applies to anyone else?

    Your intro says it all;
    This review is my honest opinion of both consoles, and what they both do for me as a gamer.




  2. #27
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,750
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    84,969 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I have to disagree with ya on this point. Definitely nothing "clearly" about it. How much of what you wrote actually applies to anyone else?

    Your intro says it all;
    8.5 vs 7 says it all. I also explained everything pretty clearly. Especially when talking about the games not being on par with the PS4 right now. That is actually all anyone needs to hear to decide. If a true gamer hears that one console is behind another console in terms of game quality, what other reason would they need to not choose the PS4?

    Of course if you are a big fan of Microsoft exclusives, than that is all the reason you need to choose the XB1 over the PS4. And there would be no need to read any reviews comparing the consoles.
    Last edited by Lethal; 03-08-2014 at 14:49.

  3. #28
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,133
    Rep Power
    246
    Points
    149,395 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    8.5 vs 7 says it all. I also explained everything pretty clearly. Especially when talking about the games not being on par with the PS4 right now. That is actually all anyone needs to hear to decide. If a true gamer hears that one console is behind another console in terms of game quality, what other reason would they need to not choose the PS4?

    Of course if you are a big fan of Microsoft exclusives, than that is all the reason you need to choose the XB1 over the PS4. And there would be no need to read any reviews comparing the consoles.
    Oh I agree with a lot of the reasons to buy a PS4 over a XB1. However, I wouldn't tell someone else what they should clearly choose. Your usage, opinions, etc., are unique to you.




  4. #29
    Super Moderator
    Lethal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Age
    34
    Posts
    11,750
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    84,969 (0 Banked)
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Oh I agree with a lot of the reasons to buy a PS4 over a XB1. However, I wouldn't tell someone else what they should clearly choose. Your usage, opinions, etc., are unique to you.
    True, but if someone asked me to pick one over the other, the PS4 clearly wins that battle. But that could easily change down the road. Both consoles need to improve, and which one improves the most has yet to be seen.

  5. #30
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,133
    Rep Power
    246
    Points
    149,395 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    True, but if someone asked me to pick one over the other, the PS4 clearly wins that battle. But that could easily change down the road. Both consoles need to improve, and which one improves the most has yet to be seen.
    I chose the PS4 instead of the XB1 because...
    • The PS4 had a lower price.
    • The multiplatform games (games that come out on both systems) have been better on the PS4.


    Everything else would be personal things; usage, thoughts, etc.




  6. #31
    Fire the space harpoons!
    TidalPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your urinary tract
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Posts
    12,277
    Rep Power
    121
    Points
    22,029 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Nice review Lethal - thanks

    Does the X1 support DLNA?

    ​aka Sparc

    Entropy isn't what it used be

  7. #32
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,704
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    74,150 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    Nice review Lethal - thanks

    Does the X1 support DLNA?
    I think that is a "coming soon" feature
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  8. #33
    Fire the space harpoons!
    TidalPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your urinary tract
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Posts
    12,277
    Rep Power
    121
    Points
    22,029 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I think that is a "coming soon" feature
    Okay, so same as the PS4 then. I'm really missing that feature.

    ​aka Sparc

    Entropy isn't what it used be

  9. #34
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,703
    Rep Power
    198
    Points
    136,937 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    Okay, so same as the PS4 then. I'm really missing that feature.
    don't you have a PS3? i mean...not being a douche lol it'd be the same if someone said to me when i ask for more apps, "well, don't you have a PC?"

    what i mean is, i'm surprised you really miss it because $#@! i haven't even done that in a long time...and i used to do it heavily on the PS3...couldn't you do that on your PS3 until those features are out? I'm just trying to look out for you man, it seems like you're really really down bro!

  10. #35
    Fire the space harpoons!
    TidalPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your urinary tract
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Posts
    12,277
    Rep Power
    121
    Points
    22,029 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    don't you have a PS3? i mean...not being a douche lol it'd be the same if someone said to me when i ask for more apps, "well, don't you have a PC?"

    what i mean is, i'm surprised you really miss it because $#@! i haven't even done that in a long time...and i used to do it heavily on the PS3...couldn't you do that on your PS3 until those features are out? I'm just trying to look out for you man, it seems like you're really really down bro!
    i can do all,sorts of things. Xbox 360, PS3, sing to myself...but I don't want to have turnoff my ps4 just so I can start streaming music. I want that feature to working on whichever console I'm using at the time. Simplez!

    ​aka Sparc

    Entropy isn't what it used be

  11. #36
    Dedicated Member
    John Willaford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Owings Mills, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,082
    Rep Power
    21
    Points
    424,879 (0 Banked)
    I've tried the demo units a few times.
    Does anyone else feel the XBO's controller is a step BACK from the XB-S and the 360 controller?
    Sleeping very soundly on a Saturday morning I was dreaming
    I was Al Capone
    There's a rumour going round, gotta clear outta town
    I'm smelling like a dry fish bone
    Here come the Law, gonna break down the door, gonna carry me
    away once more
    Never, never, never get it any more
    Gotta get away from this stone cold floor
    Crazy
    Stone cold crazy, you know

  12. #37
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    19
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    I liked the 360 controller better than the Xbox One controller. The Xbone controller feels like the PS3 launch controller, it feels cheap and just lame. Although I'm pro PS4, I still liked the 360.

  13. #38
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,343
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    65,541 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    I liked the 360 controller better than the Xbox One controller. The Xbone controller feels like the PS3 launch controller, it feels cheap and just lame. Although I'm pro PS4, I still liked the 360.
    Meh, it's mostly the same as the 360 controller. I like the feel of the LB and RB on the 360 more . Overall it's a better and lighter controller with a better dpad and improved analog sticks. IMO it's still the best mostly because of the analog placements.

  14. #39
    Forum Overseer

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,703
    Rep Power
    198
    Points
    136,937 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    i can do all,sorts of things. Xbox 360, PS3, sing to myself...but I don't want to have turnoff my ps4 just so I can start streaming music. I want that feature to working on whichever console I'm using at the time. Simplez!
    i know what you mean. i just happen to have both consoles hooked up on different TVs so i don't feel the effects as badly as i presume others would.

  15. #40
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    19
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Meh, it's mostly the same as the 360 controller. I like the feel of the LB and RB on the 360 more . Overall it's a better and lighter controller with a better dpad and improved analog sticks. IMO it's still the best mostly because of the analog placements.
    the analog placements don't mean anything to me. It's the way the analogs are that are crappy and overall it's a crappier controller, I hate the shoulder buttons, I hate the analog, it's an uncomfortable controller. eesh

  16. #41
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    19
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Meh, it's mostly the same as the 360 controller. I like the feel of the LB and RB on the 360 more . Overall it's a better and lighter controller with a better dpad and improved analog sticks. IMO it's still the best mostly because of the analog placements.
    the analog placements don't mean anything to me. It's the way the analogs are that are crappy and overall it's a crappier controller, I hate the shoulder buttons, I hate the analog, it's an uncomfortable controller. eesh

  17. #42
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,343
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    65,541 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    the analog placements don't mean anything to me. It's the way the analogs are that are crappy and overall it's a crappier controller, I hate the shoulder buttons, I hate the analog, it's an uncomfortable controller. eesh
    I disagree. The first time I held the xbox360 controller I noticed it had a better feel to me. Even after years of using the DS controllers. The DS is much improved and still has a better directional pad but the ergonomics of the Xbox controller is just better for me.

  18. #43
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    I liked the 360 controller better than the Xbox One controller. The Xbone controller feels like the PS3 launch controller, it feels cheap and just lame. Although I'm pro PS4, I still liked the 360.
    Yeah I've seen some You Tube reviews where people have said that the X1 controller didnt feel as good as the 360 controller and that the X1 controller felt cheap. On the flipside I hated the DS3 but loved the 360 controller. The DS4 controller however feels really nice and is a huge improvement over the DS3.

  19. #44
    Dedicated Member
    John Willaford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Owings Mills, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,082
    Rep Power
    21
    Points
    424,879 (0 Banked)
    I haven't been bothered by the asymetric placement. I have slight curvatures in my bones (no disability, I think it's just from being a huge person and also taking up powerlifting VERY young), and, frankly, when i hold my arms straight out, they have a different cadence that could hold either symmetric or asymmetric with equal adjustments.

    I'm thrown off by the narrowing of the top of the XBO's controller vs the 360. That i'm finding uncomfortable.
    The grip on the analogs is top notch, but now the placements are narrower which i'm not feeling.
    Since the S was developed my Microsoft of Japan (who have always been in video games, as they wrote the OS for the Sharp and MSX computers which were used as game systems primarily, much like Amiga in europe), this doesn't do much to enhance their stance in Japan.

    I'm not saying it's a huge thing, but enough that I noticed it immediately.
    After all of those videos about their controller development and QC testing, I wanted to hold that one as much as the PS4 one and see what was what.

    The perfect controller would be a DS4 with the grips from the XBO's analog.
    Sleeping very soundly on a Saturday morning I was dreaming
    I was Al Capone
    There's a rumour going round, gotta clear outta town
    I'm smelling like a dry fish bone
    Here come the Law, gonna break down the door, gonna carry me
    away once more
    Never, never, never get it any more
    Gotta get away from this stone cold floor
    Crazy
    Stone cold crazy, you know

  20. #45
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,405
    Rep Power
    101
    Points
    29,440 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I chose the PS4 instead of the XB1 because...
    • The PS4 had a lower price.
    • The multiplatform games (games that come out on both systems) have been better on the PS4.


    Everything else would be personal things; usage, thoughts, etc.
    ...but you have an XO as well, so you didn't really choose the PS4 instead of the XO. You chose both. Price shouldn't have even been a factor for you.
    Last edited by sainraja; 03-09-2014 at 22:12.

  21. #46
    Racing Game Fanatic!!
    Duffman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Chillin by the poo!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,281
    Rep Power
    41
    Points
    225,521 (0 Banked)
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Based off the scores I gave each console, you should clearly choose the PS4 at this point.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 3
    I did lol, pre ordered and got it at launch
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

    Twitter ID: Duffman1986

    Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

    My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.