Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Based off the scores I gave each console, you should clearly choose the PS4 at this point.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3
    I have to disagree with ya on this point. Definitely nothing "clearly" about it. How much of what you wrote actually applies to anyone else?

Your intro says it all;
    This review is my honest opinion of both consoles, and what they both do for me as a gamer.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I have to disagree with ya on this point. Definitely nothing "clearly" about it. How much of what you wrote actually applies to anyone else?

Your intro says it all;
    8.5 vs 7 says it all. I also explained everything pretty clearly. Especially when talking about the games not being on par with the PS4 right now. That is actually all anyone needs to hear to decide. If a true gamer hears that one console is behind another console in terms of game quality, what other reason would they need to not choose the PS4?

Of course if you are a big fan of Microsoft exclusives, than that is all the reason you need to choose the XB1 over the PS4. And there would be no need to read any reviews comparing the consoles.
    Last edited by Lethal; 03-08-2014 at 13:49.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    8.5 vs 7 says it all. I also explained everything pretty clearly. Especially when talking about the games not being on par with the PS4 right now. That is actually all anyone needs to hear to decide. If a true gamer hears that one console is behind another console in terms of game quality, what other reason would they need to not choose the PS4?

Of course if you are a big fan of Microsoft exclusives, than that is all the reason you need to choose the XB1 over the PS4. And there would be no need to read any reviews comparing the consoles.
    Oh I agree with a lot of the reasons to buy a PS4 over a XB1. However, I wouldn't tell someone else what they should clearly choose. Your usage, opinions, etc., are unique to you.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Oh I agree with a lot of the reasons to buy a PS4 over a XB1. However, I wouldn't tell someone else what they should clearly choose. Your usage, opinions, etc., are unique to you.
    True, but if someone asked me to pick one over the other, the PS4 clearly wins that battle. But that could easily change down the road. Both consoles need to improve, and which one improves the most has yet to be seen.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    True, but if someone asked me to pick one over the other, the PS4 clearly wins that battle. But that could easily change down the road. Both consoles need to improve, and which one improves the most has yet to be seen.
    I chose the PS4 instead of the XB1 because...
    • The PS4 had a lower price.
    • The multiplatform games (games that come out on both systems) have been better on the PS4.

Everything else would be personal things; usage, thoughts, etc.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Nice review Lethal - thanks

Does the X1 support DLNA?

​aka Sparc

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    Nice review Lethal - thanks

Does the X1 support DLNA?
    I think that is a "coming soon" feature
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I think that is a "coming soon" feature
    Okay, so same as the PS4 then. I'm really missing that feature.

​aka Sparc

Extreme Poster
    Okay, so same as the PS4 then. I'm really missing that feature.
    don't you have a PS3? i mean...not being a douche lol it'd be the same if someone said to me when i ask for more apps, "well, don't you have a PC?"

what i mean is, i'm surprised you really miss it because $#@! i haven't even done that in a long time...and i used to do it heavily on the PS3...couldn't you do that on your PS3 until those features are out? I'm just trying to look out for you man, it seems like you're really really down bro!

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    don't you have a PS3? i mean...not being a douche lol it'd be the same if someone said to me when i ask for more apps, "well, don't you have a PC?"

what i mean is, i'm surprised you really miss it because $#@! i haven't even done that in a long time...and i used to do it heavily on the PS3...couldn't you do that on your PS3 until those features are out? I'm just trying to look out for you man, it seems like you're really really down bro!
    i can do all,sorts of things. Xbox 360, PS3, sing to myself...but I don't want to have turnoff my ps4 just so I can start streaming music. I want that feature to working on whichever console I'm using at the time. Simplez!

​aka Sparc

Dedicated Member
    I've tried the demo units a few times.
    Does anyone else feel the XBO's controller is a step BACK from the XB-S and the 360 controller?
    Sleeping very soundly on a Saturday morning I was dreaming
    I was Al Capone
    There's a rumour going round, gotta clear outta town
    I'm smelling like a dry fish bone
    Here come the Law, gonna break down the door, gonna carry me
    away once more
    Never, never, never get it any more
    Gotta get away from this stone cold floor
    Crazy
    Stone cold crazy, you know

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    I liked the 360 controller better than the Xbox One controller. The Xbone controller feels like the PS3 launch controller, it feels cheap and just lame. Although I'm pro PS4, I still liked the 360.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    I liked the 360 controller better than the Xbox One controller. The Xbone controller feels like the PS3 launch controller, it feels cheap and just lame. Although I'm pro PS4, I still liked the 360.
    Meh, it's mostly the same as the 360 controller. I like the feel of the LB and RB on the 360 more . Overall it's a better and lighter controller with a better dpad and improved analog sticks. IMO it's still the best mostly because of the analog placements.

Extreme Poster
    i can do all,sorts of things. Xbox 360, PS3, sing to myself...but I don't want to have turnoff my ps4 just so I can start streaming music. I want that feature to working on whichever console I'm using at the time. Simplez!
    i know what you mean. i just happen to have both consoles hooked up on different TVs so i don't feel the effects as badly as i presume others would.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Meh, it's mostly the same as the 360 controller. I like the feel of the LB and RB on the 360 more . Overall it's a better and lighter controller with a better dpad and improved analog sticks. IMO it's still the best mostly because of the analog placements.
    the analog placements don't mean anything to me. It's the way the analogs are that are crappy and overall it's a crappier controller, I hate the shoulder buttons, I hate the analog, it's an uncomfortable controller. eesh

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    the analog placements don't mean anything to me. It's the way the analogs are that are crappy and overall it's a crappier controller, I hate the shoulder buttons, I hate the analog, it's an uncomfortable controller. eesh

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I disagree. The first time I held the xbox360 controller I noticed it had a better feel to me. Even after years of using the DS controllers. The DS is much improved and still has a better directional pad but the ergonomics of the Xbox controller is just better for me.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yeah I've seen some You Tube reviews where people have said that the X1 controller didnt feel as good as the 360 controller and that the X1 controller felt cheap. On the flipside I hated the DS3 but loved the 360 controller. The DS4 controller however feels really nice and is a huge improvement over the DS3.

Dedicated Member
    I haven't been bothered by the asymetric placement. I have slight curvatures in my bones (no disability, I think it's just from being a huge person and also taking up powerlifting VERY young), and, frankly, when i hold my arms straight out, they have a different cadence that could hold either symmetric or asymmetric with equal adjustments.

I'm thrown off by the narrowing of the top of the XBO's controller vs the 360. That i'm finding uncomfortable.
    The grip on the analogs is top notch, but now the placements are narrower which i'm not feeling.
    Since the S was developed my Microsoft of Japan (who have always been in video games, as they wrote the OS for the Sharp and MSX computers which were used as game systems primarily, much like Amiga in europe), this doesn't do much to enhance their stance in Japan.

I'm not saying it's a huge thing, but enough that I noticed it immediately.
    After all of those videos about their controller development and QC testing, I wanted to hold that one as much as the PS4 one and see what was what.

The perfect controller would be a DS4 with the grips from the XBO's analog.
    Sleeping very soundly on a Saturday morning I was dreaming
    I was Al Capone
    There's a rumour going round, gotta clear outta town
    I'm smelling like a dry fish bone
    Here come the Law, gonna break down the door, gonna carry me
    away once more
    Never, never, never get it any more
    Gotta get away from this stone cold floor
    Crazy
    Stone cold crazy, you know

Forum Sage
    I chose the PS4 instead of the XB1 because...
    • The PS4 had a lower price.
    • The multiplatform games (games that come out on both systems) have been better on the PS4.

Everything else would be personal things; usage, thoughts, etc.
    ...but you have an XO as well, so you didn't really choose the PS4 instead of the XO. You chose both. Price shouldn't have even been a factor for you.
    Last edited by sainraja; 03-09-2014 at 21:12.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Based off the scores I gave each console, you should clearly choose the PS4 at this point.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3
    I did lol, pre ordered and got it at launch
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitch ID: Duffman041986

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Formally known as:

Thread Information