Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking

Arrow Warframe Update this morning: 12.0 Zephyr Rises.

Turned on the PS4 this morning, to pleasantly find my Warframe game updating. To gloss over some of the bigger stuff, Oxium is the new resource, "lighter than air like metal", used in constructing the new community built air based Warframe - The Zephyr & other clan research items. Large numbers of this resource will be found by killing Oxium Osprey over the next 7 days in the operation oxium espionage event.(starts 1est today)

Zephyr profile on Youtube = http://youtu.be/KurbStEIqrQ

Multiple new weapons including the Jat Kittag which is a hammer that has a jet engine built into it which easily smashes most Corpus shields. Also the Drakgoon Flak cannon which fires schrapnel at variable rates w/the trigger, insane slash damage vs infested. Latron & Latron prime got a buff - A must for anyone trying to take down Grineer. Dual wielding Cestra's, so now you can become that bad ass laser shooting Storm Trooper you always dreamed of.

New enemies! Those will be glad to know that are sick of the level to level blandness that can occur. Check this out, just played a quick game this morning and at the end of what is usually a typical level there was a mini boss almost double the level of the other enemies in the game, had an ice shield like Frost(Warframe). "Ice leader". Dropped a nice loot bonus after I took it out too. The UI & HUD are all improved. Very impressed with Digital Extremes that this game remains free while they continue to create. I'm definitely going to buy some platinum seeing how committed they are. There are tons more updates I didn't cover so check out the rest here on the Warframe forums:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.ph...-zephyr-rises/

PS: If anyone wants to hit up some void runs, I got keys. Hit me up & lets farm some prime.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Weird. I didnt get any update for it today. Maybe it isnt live in the US yet.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    I'm in the US too.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Played a bit tonight, all new HUD and lots of new things in this update. Great game, going to take a while to get all the trophies

Click HERE for my Videos

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonViking View Post
    I'm in the US too.
    On, I was looking at your flag. lol Well I still never got it.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    im in LOVE with the new updated and UI.....so much cleaner and easier to read

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    im in LOVE with the new updated and UI.....so much cleaner and easier to read
    Totally agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Scryer View Post
    Played a bit tonight, all new HUD and lots of new things in this update. Great game, going to take a while to get all the trophies
    Started 2 weeks ago, logged about 50 hours. I am only 1-2 trophies away from 100% including the two new DLC trophies(which are insanely easy, including a silver).

8. Likes JDizzleNO1 likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I finally got the update this morning.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Started 2 weeks ago, logged about 50 hours. I am only 1-2 trophies away from 100% including the two new DLC trophies(which are insanely easy, including a silver).
    Nice! Have you been using platinum? I'm trying to use only credits, going to save my only 50 platinum to buy the affinity boost some weekend.

Click HERE for my Videos

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Nice! Have you been using platinum? I'm trying to use only credits, going to save my only 50 platinum to buy the affinity boost some weekend.

Don't do that!

Use your affinity to buy new frame slots, or new weapon slots. I forget how many frame slots you get from the start (two??).

The ONLY other thing you should spend it on is Orokin Reactors, or Orokin Catalysts.

Spending money on affinity boosters or Revives is useless. Once you get decent mods, you won't even know what Rank your frames are at. and mods are shareable between Frames/Weapons.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    Don't worry about affinity boosts. Once you reach a high enough level you will be able to get weapons to level 20 out of 30 in one round of Orokin Derelict defense missions I spent some of my original 50 platinum on Morphics to build my Latron as I was getting seriously ill of not finding them/struggling with base weapon.

Also, no I haven't bought any platinum yet but I think I will. It will be a good way to show support for a team that is really impressing me with its commitment to continued development.

Also, be sure to download the Warframe PS Plus pack from the PSN Store! It gives you another 100 platinum, 5 free random mods AND a free 3 day affinity booster all because you are a PS Plus subscriber!
    Last edited by OregonViking; 03-05-2014 at 17:45.

Apprentice

This game is confusing as hell with the mods and upgrades and stuff haha, that's the only reason I don't play it much.

Apprentice
    Man i've played this game once and that was with a friend...is it easy to play Solo?...it just seems so confusing

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiius View Post
    Man i've played this game once and that was with a friend...is it easy to play Solo?...it just seems so confusing
    Quote Originally Posted by pojo1806 View Post
    This game is confusing as hell with the mods and upgrades and stuff haha, that's the only reason I don't play it much.
    The mod system just got upgraded where you can press R3 and it will auto upgrade your stacked mods (lets say 20% increased damage, you have three, stacked to 60% then you get charged x amount for the fusion cost)- The cost to use the mod goes up too from 4 to 6 or 8 depending on how much upgrading of the mod you do. For instance I tried to max my shield mod & I didn't have the credits ATM but it said it would cost 260k but it would increase my shields by 500+%. Its complicated, but after you get used to it, its awesome.

Solo is tough unless you have just the right warframe & weapon for the situation. Even then high level defense missions will be impossible without help.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Don't worry about affinity boosts. Once you reach a high enough level you will be able to get weapons to level 20 out of 30 in one round of Orokin Derelict defense missions I spent some of my original 50 platinum on Morphics to build my Latron as I was getting seriously ill of not finding them/struggling with base weapon.

Also, no I haven't bought any platinum yet but I think I will. It will be a good way to show support for a team that is really impressing me with its commitment to continued development.

Also, be sure to download the Warframe PS Plus pack from the PSN Store! It gives you another 100 platinum, 5 free random mods AND a free 3 day affinity booster all because you are a PS Plus subscriber!

Couldn't find it, must be US only

At the moment my Excalibur is level 24, just leveled to 30 my base rifle and bought a shotgun. Lots of mods upgraded fully but hard to choose which to pick since there is a level limit. Loving the game though, fun as hell and strangely replayable. Usually I hate playing the same level multiple times but in this game it's fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    Don't do that!

Use your affinity to buy new frame slots, or new weapon slots. I forget how many frame slots you get from the start (two??).

The ONLY other thing you should spend it on is Orokin Reactors, or Orokin Catalysts.

Spending money on affinity boosters or Revives is useless. Once you get decent mods, you won't even know what Rank your frames are at. and mods are shareable between Frames/Weapons.
    Lol ok.
    I'm just mainly aiming for the trophies at the moment so I'm not really needing to buy new frames. Gonna stick with my Excalibur and just buy new weapon slots if needed. What is the frame level cap? is it 30 like the weapons etc...?
    Last edited by Nick_Scryer; 03-05-2014 at 23:38.

Click HERE for my Videos

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    Couldn't find it, must be US only

At the moment my Excalibur is level 24, just leveled to 30 my base rifle and bought a shotgun. Lots of mods upgraded fully but hard to choose which to pick since there is a level limit. Loving the game though, fun as hell and strangely replayable. Usually I hate playing the same level multiple times but in this game it's fun!

Lol ok.
    I'm just mainly aiming for the trophies at the moment so I'm not really needing to buy new frames. Gonna stick with my Excalibur and just buy new weapon slots if needed. What is the frame level cap? is it 30 like the weapons etc...?
    Weird did you try going to Warframes dedicated PSN page? They kind of hide it away.

Frame cap is 30 like weapons yes. Keep in mind other frames come with sweet new powers ! I could get you into some void runs where you could collect prime parts, mods, resources etc which would really help out a player who is just starting out. If you need any help hit me up I'm up at odd hours for being in the US.
    Last edited by OregonViking; 03-06-2014 at 00:37.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Weird did you try going to Warframes dedicated PSN page? They kind of hide it away.

Frame cap is 30 like weapons yes. Keep in mind other frames come with sweet new powers ! I could get you into some void runs where you could collect prime parts, mods, resources etc which would really help out a player who is just starting out. If you need any help hit me up I'm up at odd hours for being in the US.

Cool thx I'll add you tomorrow but... Noob question time: What are prime parts? is it like rare or even higher?

Click HERE for my Videos

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Cool thx I'll add you tomorrow but... Noob question time: What are prime parts? is it like rare or even higher?
    Prime parts make up the pieces for primed Warframes. And they are Sexy

Currently there are only 5 Prime warframes:
    Ember
    Excalibur
    Frost
    Mag
    Rhino (literally just released)

(Excalibur is exclusive to founders and is never seeing the light of day)

The only thing that is different is that in Void missions traps, and a few other things, will replenish your 'energy' (only in the void).

Sig courtesy of the_jim

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    Just got my Frost Prime built! They are sexy indeed. Now to wait 72 hours...

@Nick,

The term Prime refers to any weapon or warframe made with partial or complete implementation of Orokin technology. The weapons and warframes the Tenno use are based on the Orokin's designs; but are not actually Orokin tech. The Prime versions of items are actual pieces of Orokin technology, and frequently sport improved damage, more Polarity slots, or other stat changes that grant them an advantage over their non-Prime derivatives.

Current Tenno technology is derived from the Primes and other Orokin technology, as the Tenno have tried to imitate the success of the Orokin in the form of the non-Prime items. With the discovery of the Voids, many Prime items are being reclaimed by the Tenno and reverse-engineered by Corpus and Grineer, their power being realized once more.

Note that the Seer can be considered prime even though it is the only hybrid weapon in the game thus far.

Thread Information