Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

My thoughts on Knack and Killzone.

So I've finally got around to playing both games after a good few months playing ac4. I just wanted to share my thoughts because I have seen different opinions on killzone and knack.

Killzone.

Absolutely terrible game in my opinion. Mind you,I am only referring to the campaign, as i don't play mp too often. Yes, it looks nice, but the gameplay is just horrendous. I really liked the last installment of killzone, but this one was a step back. I know this is just opinion, but I like tactical shooters way better. All of a sudden there is no cover system! Like wtf are they thinking. Games like rainbow six where you can actually duck and hide make more fun gameplay. This is just run and gun, and it totally sucks nuts.

This game is already in the process of being sold. Waste of money. I can honestly say it's the worst game i have played in many years.

Knack

Wow, what a surprise. This game is great! Yes, the art style sucks, but once you get passed that it's quite fun and addicting. It reminds me of old school games where you do standard levels with checkpoints...kind of like Nintendo games. I've seen people saying it's cheap, and too hard. Suck it up. This is how games should be...no hand holding. Remember on Mario when you got hit once...you died. I love it. Yes it's frustrating, but i think that's what is missing from many games now. The more frustrating, the more rewarding when you beat it. This is exactly why I love dark souls and demons soul. I also like how there are standard enemies and bosses. The way prizes are hidden in the walls also makes for great searching. Granted I am only on chapter 5, but I'm excited to go play again tonight. If you passed on this game due to reviews, do yourself a favor and go grab this game!

I am in no way a reviewer, but in my humble opinion based on many years of gaming experience, here are my scores.

Killzone 1/10
    Knack 7/10 ..would be higher, but it looks like it'll be a little bit short.
    I love my PS3, but I'm ready for the PS4!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    I know Killzone wasn't especially amazing but I think 1 out of 10 is a little harsh lol
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Apprentice

Lol maybe a bit...but seriously, worst game I've played in years.

PSU Live Streamer
    1/10 ?? wow dude. rofl.

I went into the KZ campaign thinking I wouldn't like it....I ended up really enjoying it.
    Knack on the other hand, while I didn't mind the game for what it was. I wasn't happy I spent full price on it. So after a small taste I quickly turned it over to get most of my money back. I'll focus on it later when it's a free ps+ title.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I am playing Killzone now. Hardly a 1/10. In my opinion, this is a solid 7 or 8. I am having a lot of fun with this campaign.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    I get that people don't like KZ. The big open area at the beginning of the game is horribly flawed. It's not a 1/10 though. GG RAGE REVIEW.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    The op prefers tactical shooters and KZ is anything but so I dont why he even bothered. But a 1.0? lol Me, I enjoyed KZ and would give the campaign an 8.0. There were some annoying missions but still solid. And of course the graphics are awesome.

Apprentice

Ok, so maybe I exaggerated lol. If i gave the game a chance,I would prob get up to a 5 possibly. If there was a cover system in place I would enjoy the game. I just don't get why they took it away.

I'd rather talk about how good knack is though.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by vesh1717 View Post
    Ok, so maybe I exaggerated lol. If i gave the game a chance,I would prob get up to a 5 possibly. If there was a cover system in place I would enjoy the game. I just don't get why they took it away.

I'd rather talk about how good knack is though.
    I would have taken you more seriously if you said 5/10 to begin with lol. And yes, I also thought Knack was a fun game.

PSU Live Streamer
    I actually found KZ:SF to be quite tactical when using the owl. Areas with multiple hallways allowed for me to setup my own flanks by sending my owl in first down one path while I charge in down another path to get them with their backs turned.

Anyway, to each their own right.

Can't comment much on Knack as I took it off the shelf for the time being.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    I actually found KZ:SF to be quite tactical when using the owl. Areas with multiple hallways allowed for me to setup my own flanks by sending my owl in first down one path while I charge in down another path to get them with their backs turned. Anyway, to each their own right. Can't comment much on Knack as I took it off the shelf for the time being.
    Yeah the owl does add a certain tactical element now that you mention it. Like you I use the owl to set up my flanks.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    The KZ single player was fine, the multiplayer is where people go anyway.

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Troll review in regards to Killzone? I will never for the life me understand the distaste some people have for this franchise. I honestly don't get it. The controls are great, the online play is great, the looks and sounds are fantastic, the story is fine to me. People will talk mad $#@! about killzone and in the same conversation praise Call of Duty, the most played out franchise of all time...with a story that pretty much became dead to me after modern warfare 2. I think it just comes down to maturity levels. I've noticed that older gamers and more mature players tend to stick to Killzone. The kiddies tend to keep to their COD. At least that's what I've seen.

To all the Killzone haters out there: I am truly sorry that Killzone does not make you a shooter god right out the gate upon starting your first match. That instant gratification you crave just isn't in the cards for you. If that's what you want, eat up that COD. More power to you. I'll be over here just playing a game that rewards good players and punishes those that suck.

Maybe it's because I'm from a different era of gaming. I remember people having literal melt downs at LAN party's over having their ass handed to them. What did they do to retaliate? They played the game more and got better so they didn't suck any more. We've lost that in gaming culture. Everyone has to get a trophy for showing up. It's pretty lame.
    Last edited by unicron7; 03-04-2014 at 17:36.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    Troll review in regards to Killzone? I will never for the life me understand the distaste some people have for this franchise. I honestly don't get it. The controls are great, the online play is great, the looks and sounds are fantastic, the story is fine to me. People will talk mad $#@! about killzone and in the same conversation praise Call of Duty, the most played out franchise of all time...with a story that pretty much became dead to me after modern warfare 2. I think it just comes down to maturity levels. I've noticed that older gamers and more mature players tend to stick to Killzone. The kiddies tend to keep to their COD. At least that's what I've seen.
    The story is average or outright terrible. Killzone 2 (KZ3 too?) had input lag with the controls. And commonly there's another shooter already favoring people's attention, or people are tiring of shooters in general.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    The story is average or outright terrible. Killzone 2 (KZ3 too?) had input lag with the controls. And commonly there's another shooter already favoring people's attention, or people are tiring of shooters in general.
    Well, yeah KZ2 did have that $#@! input lag, but not in KZ3. Not from what I played. KZ3 is what I wanted KZ2 to be in terms of gameplay.

I think people just like to pick out a villain and run with it. I think no matter what GG does to improve Killzone, it will still have legions of haters. They put so much effort into it and quality, and it gets $#@! on. They must be truly dedicated to keep coming out with them with the reception they are normally met with. And to see lesser franchises(COD) rake in the cash has to be insulting.
    Last edited by unicron7; 03-04-2014 at 17:53.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Was never into the whole killzone thing. Enjoyed kz2 for a short while...then sold it...played kz:sf recently, but hated it so sent it back...

Apprentice
    1 out of 10 lol thats just your opinion everyone differs IGN gave socom 3 4.5 out of 10 and that is one of the best games i've ever played, same way IGN gives a game 8 out of 10 and I couldnt care for it.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by vesh1717
    All of a sudden there is no cover system! Like wtf are they thinking. Games like rainbow six where you can actually duck and hide make more fun gameplay.

What do you mean? Pressing 'O' will duck and the cover system is pretty damn impressive as it allows you to peak rather than just stand and crouch.

Elite Member
    I don't see why a man has to justify his score on the game when he's already given reasons as to why he doesn't like it, even mentioning how big of a deal the removal of a key feature is to him...I wouldn't give a game a score, but I'm of the ilk that finds Killzone Shadow Fall to be so bland it's painful...I'm literally having to force myself to play through it, and I've had the thing since launch...and I normally LOVE KZ games...

But I'm not going to every thread in which the OP is claiming to love it and telling them that their opinion is trash either...

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    Well, yeah KZ2 did have that $#@! input lag, but not in KZ3. Not from what I played. KZ3 is what I wanted KZ2 to be in terms of gameplay.

I think people just like to pick out a villain and run with it. I think no matter what GG does to improve Killzone, it will still have legions of haters. They put so much effort into it and quality, and it gets $#@! on. They must be truly dedicated to keep coming out with them with the reception they are normally met with. And to see lesser franchises(COD) rake in the cash has to be insulting.
    It sounds like your frustration has more to do with Call of Duty's (undeserved) over-popularity, not necessarily that some people are not entirely satisfied with Killzone, and that you're conflating the two.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I like KZ and COD. Guess I'm not a "mature" gamer. lol

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style
    A vast exaggeration.

Killzone was a fine experience.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzano-O View Post
    I don't see why a man has to justify his score on the game when he's already given reasons as to why he doesn't like it, even mentioning how big of a deal the removal of a key feature is to him.
    Considering that the key feature he said was missing is actually in the game makes me wonder if he even played it at all. He said this:
    All of a sudden there is no cover system! Like wtf are they thinking.
    And I'll respond with this (my MP stats):

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    WOW that review is one of the worst I've ever read, honestly there's nothing to fault KillZone on except for maybe parts of its story, if you go from KillZone 1 back on the playstation 2 and played the other games on PS3 right through to the 4th home console game which is shadow fall, it's a breath of fresh air and the series gets better and better… it's much better than most games, it's not a typical first person shooter it's an ADVENTURE/SHOOTER… it's not a True FPS, but that's why people like myself love it, if it's all just run and gun it's boring as dog turds and no fun….

Knack although it's the only real platformer game on the PS4, it's garbage, it has no fun factor, it's a really bad cross between ratchet and clank/ crash bandicoot and Katamari …. but those games were actually good… knack is just an unfinished project that went nowhere…. sure there's a story there for a second game but it's boring and cliche, knack is a tech demo nothing more.
    Last edited by chriharr; 03-05-2014 at 01:05.
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    What do you mean? Pressing 'O' will duck and the cover system is pretty damn impressive as it allows you to peak rather than just stand and crouch.

[/COLOR]
    Crouching is not a cover system. A cover system is like in the previous KZ installments where you can put your back to a wall and peak out as needed. I really really enjoyed the previous KZ games... run and gun just isn't my style.

Thread Information