Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 414 ... LastLast
    Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    no actually you implied that,
    so yeah, going back to what i said, it's so secretive that it's worth all the crap they have gotten so far. pure comedy reading these assumptions.
    There will be always some magic sauce or magic can out there, man.

Ofc as software gets optimized, its performance will improve, but that goes for PS4, Xbox One and Wii U. It is even more possible for Xbox One to be improve less than its competition. Regardless, that type of optimization is not what we are talking about here.

We already have facts supporting why Xbox One is behind. We have results. We have side by side comparison. Yet, there will be always some excuses to be why there is some reason it is behind. Whether that is magic cloud, magic software and magic business deal that cost trillion dollars.

However, facts will always remain same. If those who believe in magic sauce wants to be taken seriously, they should atleast go into details supported by facts.

Until then, like you said it will always be "pure comedy"

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    i don't know about any magic or secret sauce but i'm excited to see what dx12 brings. Rumors are that its a massive jump from 11.1 I wouldn't be surprised if the next halo is the first exclusive title to use it.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 03-11-2014 at 23:08.

Forum Overseer
    it trumps those days of when people thought Kinect 1.0 was going to do these...dreamy things...surprisingly or should i say, unsurprisingly, it's the same dreamers that dreamed about the Kinect bringing something evolutionary to gaming.

Elite Sage
    it trumps those days of when people thought Kinect 1.0 was going to do these...dreamy things...surprisingly or should i say, unsurprisingly, it's the same dreamers that dreamed about the Kinect bringing something evolutionary to gaming.
    lol..maybe its the same dreamers that were waiting on toy story graphics from the emotion engine....lol

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Oh it kinda did, my girls wouldn't have been able to play Dance Central without out it, it just didn't bring something to hardcore gamers.
    Let put it this way, we have Kinect 1, when we got a second xbox, I didn't think twice about moving it on to that one so that my children could use it. I didn't think "dam I'm going to miss you", but it sure as hell gets used A LOT by them.

Elite Guru
    I agree with this guy.

AlphaPapa: For those of you saying this won't work with Xbox One or DX12 was an afterthought patch to work, let me break this down for you in the most simple way I possibly can. Microsoft builds its consoles around its own software, they do not build their software around their hardware. Xbox One was designed from the beginning to work with DX12. Their whole SOC which by the way was a $3bn design and fabrication partnership with AMD is designed for multi channel free flow of data packets (search PRT in hardware or Tiled Resources), hence the split banks of 15MB dRAM on chip with the data move engines and the 32MB eSRAM on chip. It was not a cheap way to save money on GDDR5 as Sony spent $0 on R&D and just bought their system off the shelf. So MS spend $3bn and Sony spend $0. With me so far? Why spend that amount of money building a fully custom APU only for it to be weaker than an off the shelf APU they could have bought and saved all that money themselves? Does that really make sense to you? And not have it designed specifically for their own software they are developing alongside it. The fact is the biggest graphics $#@! developers in the World are making games for Xbox One, Epic, Remedy and Crytek. Why would they choose to work with the "weaker console". DX12 will also open up other features on Xbox One such as the 15 offloading chips to the APU which will offload tasks from the GPU. So you have high bandwidth eSRAM/dRAM streaming PRT through hardware (displaying 6GB scenes on instant call in 32MB eSRAM) and offloading chips to the GPU also. Xbox One launched way to early and e3 onwards will demonstrate this.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Oh it kinda did, my girls wouldn't have been able to play Dance Central without out it, it just didn't bring something to hardcore gamers.
    Let put it this way, we have Kinect 1, when we got a second xbox, I didn't think twice about moving it on to that one so that my children could use it. I didn't think "dam I'm going to miss you", but it sure as hell gets used A LOT by them.
    Same here. My son has outgrown it but my girlfriend's daughter loves it. MS needs to crank up the support for kinect2. Its a good improvement from the first.

Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post
    I agree with this guy.

That quote is very interesting. I find it hard to believe that MS had this deal worth so much money and not reap any benefits. I'm looking forward to E-3.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 03-11-2014 at 23:34.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I agree with this guy. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Who's that some random guy from another forum? No link just a quote? lol

Forum Overseer
    Sony spent $0 on R&D and just bought their system off the shelf. So MS spend $3bn and Sony spend $0. With me so far?
    what lol

The fact is the biggest graphics $#@! developers in the World are making games for Xbox One, Epic, Remedy and Crytek.
    not the biggest and not the only ones.

Why would they choose to work with the "weaker console".
    because they have a deal?

Thanks for the comedy session.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Who's that some random guy from another forum? No link just a quote? lol
    Lol probably misterxmedia, you know they all role in the same circle

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

11. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Lol probably misterxmedia, you know they all role in the same circle Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Yep, sure sounds like misterxmedia and his minions. lol

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    I agree with this guy.

You agree with a guy who is wrong?

It was not a cheap way to save money on GDDR5 as Sony spent $0 on R&D and just bought their system off the shelf.
    lol.....so AMD worked on the PS4's custom GPU "for years".....for free? Nice of them. Sounds like Microsoft got screwed.

The X1's GPU may very well have been designed for DX12, but this guy is not the source you want to be quoting. Will have to see what DX12 means for X1 games, but sounds like at this point we know nothing.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

14. Likes Yungstar 2006, AttackTitan likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    lol..maybe its the same dreamers that were waiting on toy story graphics from the emotion engine....lol
    trust me, i don't think people like that exist only on one console.

Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    from that perspective, i want it for my kid too. i wouldn't argue against that. i'm sure it's a lot more fun than the boring Move I own. it's a huge failure honestly. kinect is expensive but not the first one, if i had the means i'd get it and my son would enjoy it for a while (and go back to BF4) but he'd try it at least.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    You agree with a guy who is wrong?

lol.....so AMD worked on the PS4's custom GPU "for years".....for free? Nice of them. Sounds like Microsoft got screwed.

The X1's GPU may very well have been designed for DX12, but this guy is not the source you want to be quoting. Will have to see what DX12 means for X1 games, but sounds like at this point we know nothing.
    That all depends on who this "guy" is. cboat isn't the only one who can pull stuff out his ass....lol

Forum Sage
    All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

Oh God noo!

Dedicated Member
    That all depends on who this "guy" is. cboat isn't the only one who can pull stuff out his ass....lol
    Whats this guys track record then? Perfection isn't required but there needs to be something. And its on you to go find links, not people on the forum. You drag his quote in here you need to back it up.

Forum Overseer
    he's definitely pulling info out of his ass. he just said Sony spent $0 on R&D. I'm sure they spent a dollar just thinking about not spending a dollar on R&D.

Superior Member

i don't know about any magic or secret sauce but i'm excited to see what dx12 brings. Rumors are that its a massive jump from 11.1 I wouldn't be surprised if the next halo is the first exclusive title to use it.
    Dat faith.... Keep strong.

Also, if DX12 doesn't work out, there will be DX12.5, cloud sauce, hidden tiger dragon move engine that will save Xbox One's weaker hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Sajuuk Khar View Post
    Whats this guys track record then? Perfection isn't required but there needs to be something. And its on you to go find links, not people on the forum. You drag his quote in here you need to back it up.
    Hes got none, but Substance doesnt need substance in stories. He just needs faith.
    Last edited by AttackTitan; 03-13-2014 at 01:53.

22. Likes x_terna, mistercrow likes this post
    Master Guru
    With the power of the cloud and DirectX12 the sky's the limit for what the Xbox One can achieve.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    With the power of the cloud and DirectX12 the sky's the limit for what the Xbox One can achieve.
    We don't have any idea what either can/will achieve, frankly.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Forum Overseer
    i love your enthusiasm.

26. Likes Christopher likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Power of the cloud like titanfall?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

28. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Forum Guru
    ~3:30 hours to go.

And here should be a liveblog on subject.
    http://www.pcper.com/live/
    -------
    Couple of nice blog posts about OpenGL.
    The Truth on OpenGL Driver Quality
    Things that drive me nuts about OpenGL

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    1080p/60fps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Thread Information