Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Summon an ally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    no one is ever there and dosent matter when I die so much lol I need to lvl my HP and stam badly
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Apprentice

I JUST started, but I am really enjoying it. I like how it is so new, and there is just so much to figure out. The world seems huge and terrifying right now lol, but I'm sure I will adjust. I started as a warrior, so we shall see how this goes.

My only complaint would be the graphics and stuttering. Maybe I am spoiled playing PS4 recently, but the graphics look so bland to me. And the stuttering is awful... every minute or two the screen jumps... it's annoying. Anyone else have this going on?
    I love my PS3, but I'm ready for the PS4!

Superior Member
    Items Dark Souls CoverPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by vesh1717 View Post
    My only complaint would be the graphics and stuttering. Maybe I am spoiled playing PS4 recently, but the graphics look so bland to me. And the stuttering is awful... every minute or two the screen jumps... it's annoying. Anyone else have this going on?
    I haven't really had too much trouble with the game as far as performance goes. Once in a while the framerate will drop some, but for the most part it's been decent enough. Load times are pretty terrible though, but thankfully I only really deal with it on warps.

Anyways, I just beat the Pursuer, wow was he difficult. I finally got a routine down that worked and thankfully I was able to defeat him. Definitely takes a lot of patients though. Not sure where to go next. I saw that nest after you beat Pursuer and it seemed similar to Dark Souls 1 and the crows nest that takes you back to the Asylum. I don't know what will happen with that in this game though, but I can either do that or go explore a new area, which is what I'm leaning towards because I've been in the cardinal tower area of Forest of Fallen Giants for a long time. Unfortunately I have to go to work though, so sadly I have to wait to keep playing more.

Superior Member
    I'm having so much fun with this game! I've beat a few more bosses since my last post and I'm loving exploring all the new areas. Cant say enough about how great From does on creating amazing environments. I've been helping with the Three Ruin Sentinels for about an hour and that's been a lot of fun too, even though it can be frustrating sometimes to be summoned into a game where the person is way too aggressive and dies almost instantly, but oh well. I received a lot of souls from doing that though, which was nice. I also got some Smooth and Silky items as well since I used the small white soapstone, and I actually got some pretty awesome items from trading it in at the nest. I got a Great Hammer that's needs like level 50 strength to use, which is like perfect for me since I'm doing strength and faith build. But yeah, just having a ton of fun, couldn't be happier with the game.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Man this thread not getting enarly as much infor or hits as first Dark Souls. Is it because of it release window? Did so many trade in thier system? Or are people waiting for PC port?
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Man this thread not getting enarly as much infor or hits as first Dark Souls. Is it because of it release window? Did so many trade in thier system? Or are people waiting for PC port?
    PSU seems to be a slowing community

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    I'm at 10 hours, and this game is an improvement over "Dark Souls". I like that the healing options are much more sensible this time around. The gradual loss of health in Hollow form is also better than the automatic 50% I was used to. The bonfires are much more useful. Melee combat seems better, too. Enemies also seem a bit smarter.

I don't like how slow I am, though. I've just gotten to my first boss, a big guy with a sweeping attack in a small arena, and I'm practically unable to run out of his way with my slow, plodding trudging. It seems like there's also generally fewer souls available. I've barely been able to upgrade skills/weapons at all, because even when I don't die, there aren't that many total souls to gather up.

Shut up and play games

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonViking View Post
    PSU seems to be a slowing community
    Yeah it definitely seems that way. It sucks because this place use to have a pretty good community, not sure what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Equinoqs View Post
    I'm at 10 hours, and this game is an improvement over "Dark Souls". I like that the healing options are much more sensible this time around. The gradual loss of health in Hollow form is also better than the automatic 50% I was used to. The bonfires are much more useful. Melee combat seems better, too. Enemies also seem a bit smarter.

I don't like how slow I am, though. I've just gotten to my first boss, a big guy with a sweeping attack in a small arena, and I'm practically unable to run out of his way with my slow, plodding trudging. It seems like there's also generally fewer souls available. I've barely been able to upgrade skills/weapons at all, because even when I don't die, there aren't that many total souls to gather up.
    I'm pretty sure you get less souls now for normal enemies, but a lot more for bosses. It takes a while to get enough souls to level up while just working through an area, but once you finish a boss you can usually level up several times. Which means instead of grinding through an area to get souls, it's probably best to just help coop some bosses and you'll have lots of souls to level up. I know for me I've been helping other players with the Three Ruin Sentinel boss, which has been a lot of fun and also has given me a lot of souls. I used some of those souls to level, but mostly I just used them to upgrade my weapons and buy rings, like the cat ring.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    newf_52
    I'm about 16 hours in and I love it. I love the things that make it unique over Dark Souls 1. Still not sure which of the two I prefer, but either way they are the top 2 games of this generation.
    My YOUTUBE channel
    Twitter= @RyanTheNewf
    My Soundcloud stream!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Lol here we go

(_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    I'm 40 hours into the game and absolutely hooked. What a stunner, seriously. I can't lay the controller down.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    I'm 40 hours into the game and absolutely hooked. What a stunner, seriously. I can't lay the controller down.
    I know what you mean, I'm loving the game so much as well. Unfortunately I have a lot of other things going on and haven't been able to play as much as I like, but I do find myself thinking about the game a lot when I'm not playing it, lol.

I just got done beating the belfry gargoyles. I decided to summon one other person after dying a few times and while it was still a tough fight, we were able to beat them. I got invaded so much while waiting for a summon sign to show up though in that area, which took a long time for some reason. I ended up fighting 5 other players, and I killed 4 of them, and the other one killed himself somehow. I'm glad I could fight all of them though, made me feel better about summoning someone to fight the gargoyles.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    newf_52
    How do you guys feel about the Ring of Life Protection??? I'm using it, but I bet they patch it out soon
    My YOUTUBE channel
    Twitter= @RyanTheNewf
    My Soundcloud stream!

Miqo'te Bard
    Quote Originally Posted by newf_52 View Post
    How do you guys feel about the Ring of Life Protection??? I'm using it, but I bet they patch it out soon
    In using the +1 and hope they do not,patch. A few. Things I think they will is

-poison, man it is powerful and with the boss dagger you can easily poison then dodge.
    -magic, and I mean all magic. It seems op but a magic character easily dies. It will get nerfed because,stupid,people will,complain. They already removed our two hand mega cast and first person cast for balance reasons don't nerf us,further.
    -lock on, they need to increase,the range. It is way to small.
    - enemies hitting,you across screen, the shrine area is where it shows how bull $#@! this is. I can barely see you but,mob magically locks on to me and starts shooting. To $#@!ing op
    -smelter demon nerf,really out of all the boss,fights he is the biggest bunch of bull $#@!.

Truthfully aside from lock on,smelter demon, and enemies hitting you across screen the game seems pretty balanced not counting clipping issues.

on tap a talk on LG g2 and I suck at typing on phones so forgive my typo errors.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Close to 60 hrs in, enjoying it much more than the first Dark Souls, but have also found the worst, cheapest thing in any of the Souls games...running exploding mummies. Stupidly-annoying.

Shut up and play games

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Equinoqs View Post
    Close to 60 hrs in, enjoying it much more than the first Dark Souls, but have also found the worst, cheapest thing in any of the Souls games...running exploding mummies. Stupidly-annoying.
    I hated those mummies, probably the only enemy so far that I haven't liked. But I agree with you on liking it more than Dark Souls 1. Don't get me wrong, I love DS1, but I just find that From made a lot of good improvements that really made DS2 even better. I do however think DS1 has the more memorable bosses though. I think DS2 has some really great bosses, but I don't think I've found one so far that I would put up with the best bosses from DS1.

Anyways though, I got through Harvest Valley yesterday, so today I'm going to take on Earthen Peak and also maybe check out the pit in Majula finally.

Superior Member
    I disagree. I enjoyed the first Dark Souls much more and I think it was the overall better game. Better atmosphere and better bosses. Nothing in DkS2 holds a candle to Anor Londo, Duke's Archives, or the Painted World.

That isn't to say I'm not enjoying DkS2. It is a great game for sure.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    newf_52
    I "finished" the game this past Tuesday at 64 hours. I'm at 90 hours now and don't plan on stopping any time soon. Dark Souls 1 took me 105 hours to "Finish" but I really didn't know what I was doing for the first 40 probably.
    I can't/don't want to pick a favorite. Love them both.
    My YOUTUBE channel
    Twitter= @RyanTheNewf
    My Soundcloud stream!

Miqo'te Bard
    I have made it my goals before I go to ng+ to clear every single mob from the world so they do not respawn.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    newf_52
    I didn't make it a goal, but I have done most areas. I love having this freedom before starting ng+. I've burned a couple ascetics to replenish areas. It's great. I'm out of town for a few days now and I'm gonna start ng+ on Wednesday probably.
    My YOUTUBE channel
    Twitter= @RyanTheNewf
    My Soundcloud stream!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    So, I just bought Dark Souls & Demon Souls... and Skyrim. I'll see you guys on the other side of spring...

22. Likes NightOnyx likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    So far I'm only at Lost Bastille. Don't get much time to play with exams. Felt all the bosses so far were easy (3rd try is the longest I've had to redo a boss) yet the normal enemies were harder than Dks (maybe because of the health degradation). about 8 hours in and no invasions so far

Miqo'te Bard
    Beat secret boss, that is every boss down. I feel so proud. NG+ I see you on horizon, but want to tweak my char a bit.

Miqo'te Bard
    So I am finally in NG+, SL 322 and apperantly there so few of us around that level we all keep invading each other, sigh I will prob play offline because being invaded every 3 min not fun.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Worth it or better off holding out for a PS4 version?

I still got my Black Armor edition unopened.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Thread Information