Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This is my first Souls game, and I have to say, the controls, hit detection and targeting/camera is frustrating. I don't know if I'll like it yet, I still need to learn. I've played for 4-5 hours maybe.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Naxi, I expected better from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Any tips for a beginner? I'm a melee character. The tutorial wasn't exactly extensive.

I like challenging games, but it frustrates me when issues like that cause me to die sometimes. Targeting is not your friend when there are multiple enemies, it latches on to the completely wrong enemy. Also, enemies damaging me without their animation even doing anything. Jumping is atrocious.
    Last edited by Naxi; 05-06-2014 at 14:09.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    Any tips for a beginner? I'm a melee character. The tutorial wasn't exactly extensive.

I like challenging games, but it frustrates me when issues like that cause me to die sometimes. Targeting is not your friend when there are multiple enemies, it latches on to the completely wrong enemy. Also, enemies damaging me without their animation even doing anything. Jumping is atrocious.

Rules for Souls games
    #1 Dance around with an enemy for a while to understand the attack patterns before going rambo. And when you think you know all the patterns you probably still don't.
    #2 Use terrain to your advantage. Some enemies with wide attack swings for instance can be rendered useless if lured into tight hallways.
    #3 Don't be greedy, respect the enemy. That boss might be 1 swing away from death but that doesn't mean you can get careless and run up for the last hit...you'll probably die.
    #4 Manage your stamina. Don't keep swinging until you can't swing anymore. Your ability to dodge, block, roll, parry, run....all rely on your stamina bar. You bleed that sucker dry and you are guna have a bad time.
    #5 Run away. Sometimes you enter an area and it triggers more than one enemy to approach you. Run back a bit and theres a good change 1 or more of them will return to their starting location, leaving you with one opponent to deal with.
    Last edited by shepard; 05-07-2014 at 16:42.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

5. Likes Enthroll, Naxi likes this post
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Finishing up faith build then all that's left is dex and I will have a character in each of the builds, dark, sorcery, melee, faith, and dex(poison). Over 200 hours total between the characters and love it still. I am at Aldias shrine with my main in NG+ not sure how far I will go with that.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    I came here to say that it's 6:40 AM and I just beat the 5 Belfry Gargoyles by myself as a Hollow with leather armor and a spear.

There's that incredible feeling of true accomplishment and victory I've been looking for since "Demon's Souls".

Shut up and play games

PSU Live Streamer
    lol, grats man!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I'm 15hrs into my Company of Champions Character. Since I went Dex/Pyromancy in both DS and DSII I now am building a faith + Str hybrid. Lighting Spear is amazing but I don't really know what strength weapons I should be using. I currently use the following

Switching from fast katanas to slow greatswords is very difficult

PSU Live Streamer
    I'm playing a level 143 Str/faith build currently and I've gravitated towards one handing a normal greatsword with a tower shield. I tried the ultra greatswords, but I prefer normal greatsword.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    for my faith/str I used club(sometimes two with power stance) and that phantom infront of chariot boss dropped ultra great sword +3 so I sometimes use that. I primary melee until I got enough spears then went with that and wrecked the game.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    yeah I noticed the club is extremely good compared to its weight, stats and scaling

So after like an hour of Belfry Luna fights I have finally beaten my first invader (with a parry at that). Pretty satisfying

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    yeah I noticed the club is extremely good compared to its weight, stats and scaling

So after like an hour of Belfry Luna fights I have finally beaten my first invader (with a parry at that). Pretty satisfying
    The invader down the ladder by the dogs? That is a scripted invasion

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    No, actual belltower invasion. I'm on my third playthrough, pretty sure I know a real person from an npc lol

PSU Live Streamer
    Oh god that damn belfrie. I was constantly getting double teamed in that place. Was literally happening back to back. 2 dudes would invade, kill me. I'd respawn, rinse/repeat. Till I finally beat both guys in one of the invades and was able to carry on out of the area they invade in.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    So I said screw it and dropped out of company of champions to join the sun bros. I never did any co-op in the original aswell as this so I had to try it out. Spammed the crap out of Old Iron King boss battle. So many souls

Also, in belfry sol I encountered my first Whip user who was also a caster. Very weird choice of weapons because he was no match for my zweihander

PSU Live Streamer
    ooooo, I'm a sunbro too

/fistbump :P

Master Guru
    You mean bro fist

Apprentice
    Anyone else having trouble joining multiplayer sessions today?

Thread Information