Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 616 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 400 of 431
  1. #376
    Superior Member
    thanatos144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Stuart, Florida, United States
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Posts
    839
    Rep Power
    11
    Points
    8,243 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    if you mean, valid as in as credible? no, it isn't as valid as mine.
    You're wrong

    tapatalk post
    141.12

  2. #377
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by acryllicaltair View Post

    @ Demi God, though I havent quoted you. You can buy a game, and you can complain about everything, just not price after you buy it. It is a counterproductive line of debate lacking in substance.
    This is wrong on so many levels. You have no idea how much content is in the game, you are basing everything on what they say as a seller. Now, it's known that developers can exaggerate, but that doesn't matter at all in this discussion no matter how hard you look at it.

    While it may be a stupid purchase for someone if that "someone" complained that $60 isn't worth it for just MP and bought it anyway, regardless, if he feels the content is lacking, he has a right to complain about the price. He didn't get $60 worth out of the game.

    again, If I feel I didn't get $60 worth of content in a game, I have a 100% right to complain about the price of the game considering the lack of content. Therefor, my complaint is valid. It doesn't matter how you interpret this, it's just common sense. It doesn't matter how informed people are, it doesn't matter if it's an impulse purchase, and it doesn't matter if the person knew of a game that was multiplayer only. This still applies with the fact that if I don't feel like I got $60 worth out of a game, I have every right to complain about the high price of the game.
    Last edited by Demi_God; 03-22-2014 at 15:27.

  3. #378
    Veteran
    jj03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,530
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    6,109 (0 Banked)
    Items Manchester United
    Value is in the eye of the beholder isn't it?. The makers mark it up, you decide if it's worth taking the risk (bit of research/opinions etc). If you feel it isn't worth the money, then that is your right. If you don't, then you have the right to state that. Disagreeing with others is fine, thats our opinions but, our reasons are our own.

  4. Likes Christopher likes this post
  5. #379
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,666
    Rep Power
    142
    Points
    81,569 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    Value is in the eye of the beholder isn't it?. The makers mark it up, you decide if it's worth taking the risk (bit of research/opinions etc). If you feel it isn't worth the money, then that is your right. If you don't, then you have the right to state that. Disagreeing with others is fine, thats our opinions but, our reasons are our own.
    You didn't follow the buying rules. So therefore you have nothing to $#@! about because you don't know about every spec of detail. You know it's your money so just make sure you are going about these buying process properly. I mean no reason to go out and buy something on a whim. That would just be stupid and crazy.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  6. #380
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,230
    Rep Power
    108
    Points
    66,943 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    You didn't follow the buying rules. So therefore you have nothing to $#@! about because you don't know about every spec of detail. You know it's your money so just make sure you are going about these buying process properly. I mean no reason to go out and buy something on a whim. That would just be stupid and crazy.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  7. Likes PS4freak likes this post
  8. #381
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,122
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    102,004 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    You're wrong

    tapatalk post
    nope.

  9. #382
    Superior Member
    Old Man Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    835
    Rep Power
    22
    Points
    7,704 (0 Banked)
    Does anyone really buy a game without knowing about it? Does anyone walk into a store and buy a game based on the cover without knowing anything about it? Does anyone really think that this occurs?

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

  10. #383
    Superior Member
    thanatos144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Stuart, Florida, United States
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Posts
    839
    Rep Power
    11
    Points
    8,243 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    Does anyone really buy a game without knowing about it? Does anyone walk into a store and buy a game based on the cover without knowing anything about it? Does anyone really think that this occurs?

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I have. Played some great games like that

    tapatalk post
    141.12

  11. #384
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    564
    Rep Power
    7
    Points
    9,579 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    Does anyone really buy a game without knowing about it? Does anyone walk into a store and buy a game based on the cover without knowing anything about it? Does anyone really think that this occurs?

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I know about the game, but I do not know every single tiny details about the game.

    For example, BF4 glitches on servers. I knew some glitches. Some glitches HAPPENED AFTER I played a while. I think it was after a patch. It was absolute game breaker glitch.

  12. #385
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,230
    Rep Power
    108
    Points
    66,943 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    Does anyone really buy a game without knowing about it? Does anyone walk into a store and buy a game based on the cover without knowing anything about it? Does anyone really think that this occurs?

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Sure. It happens all the time. Lots of folks buy games just by what they see on the cover.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  13. #386
    Superior Member
    thanatos144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Stuart, Florida, United States
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Posts
    839
    Rep Power
    11
    Points
    8,243 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Sure. It happens all the time. Lots of folks buy games just by what they see on the cover.
    I picked up several games like this.... never full price tho.

    tapatalk post
    141.12

  14. #387
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,666
    Rep Power
    142
    Points
    81,569 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    Does anyone really buy a game without knowing about it? Does anyone walk into a store and buy a game based on the cover without knowing anything about it? Does anyone really think that this occurs?

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I knew very little about Infamous Second Son. Just a few details and what it looks like. I preordered it earlier this week. I didn't go searching around about it because I wanted to be surprised by what I got. I do that all the time with games. I kind of like being ignorant about games when I buy them for that surprised factor. If I know everything about it I feel my expectations will be too high and I might be more disappointed if it doesn't meet those expectations. I bought KOTOR without knowing a single thing about the game...my favorite game of all time.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  15. #388
    Superior Member
    Old Man Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    835
    Rep Power
    22
    Points
    7,704 (0 Banked)
    Most people actually have an idea what a game is abut before buying it. Not many people have $60 to pick a game by winging it.
    Last edited by Old Man Gamer; 03-23-2014 at 21:04.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

  16. #389
    Superior Member
    thanatos144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Stuart, Florida, United States
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Posts
    839
    Rep Power
    11
    Points
    8,243 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    Most people actually have an idea what a game is abut before buying it. Not many people have $60 to pick a game by winging it.
    Most people buy games because of hype.... why do you think commercials are so successfull?


    tapatalk post
    141.12

  17. #390
    Superior Member
    Old Man Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    835
    Rep Power
    22
    Points
    7,704 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    Most people buy games because of hype.... why do you think commercials are so successfull?


    tapatalk post

    But they still have an idea what they're doing buying.


    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

  18. #391
    Superior Member
    thanatos144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Stuart, Florida, United States
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Posts
    839
    Rep Power
    11
    Points
    8,243 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    But they still have an idea what they're doing buying.


    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    When did a titan fall commercial tell you it was only a multi player online shooter?


    tapatalk post
    141.12

  19. Likes PS4freak likes this post
  20. #392
    Superior Member
    Old Man Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    835
    Rep Power
    22
    Points
    7,704 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    When did a titan fall commercial tell you it was only a multi player online shooter?


    tapatalk post
    No one with half a brain see a commercial and buys based solely on that. Especially with everyone having the info available at their fingertips. Commercials may get people interested but only a fool buys a game with out having a least a little info on it.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

  21. #393
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,230
    Rep Power
    108
    Points
    66,943 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    No one with half a brain see a commercial and buys based solely on that. Especially with everyone having the info available at their fingertips. Commercials may get people interested but only a fool buys a game with out having a least a little info on it.
    You should pay attention at the games some folks are buying at game stores sometime. Half a brain is about right, but it certainly happens.

    edit. Or better yet, go to Gamestop and check out all the crappy used games on the shelves. Every one of those crap games, someone bought brand new and then later traded in.
    Last edited by Christopher; 03-24-2014 at 04:02.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  22. #394
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,666
    Rep Power
    142
    Points
    81,569 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    No one with half a brain see a commercial and buys based solely on that. Especially with everyone having the info available at their fingertips. Commercials may get people interested but only a fool buys a game with out having a least a little info on it.
    Yeah but you have to think about it. Not everyone is invested into gaming as people like us. We stay informed for the most part because it's a passion of ours and we like to knew details about all the big games. This is a shooter. The every day Joe blow genre.I would be willing to bet that those casual games don't invest much time into looking into a game. They see a commercial for a shooter multiple times and think it looks cool, they go buy it. I know this can never be taken down to an exact but I would be willing to bet games like this get purchased on a whim quite a bit. I'm sure this millions of sales that call of duty gets are a lot of the popular franchise sales. Like, oh everyone talks about call of duty. So it must be good.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  23. #395
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    843
    Rep Power
    39
    Points
    10,182 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Not everyone crawls over gaming sites like folks on this board. A lot of people just saw a Titanfall commercial and said "oh....that looks cool". There a variety of reasons why people make purchases and there a variety of reasons why they are not happy with their choice to do so. They paid the price and that gives them them the right to critique, $#@!, complain about whatever they want. Having said that, there is nothing wrong with people saying "I'm not buying Titanfall because <insert reason>". Sorry you don't like it, but that is the way it is.



    lol.....of course they can complain! Hell, you talk about being informed, but part of being informed is reading reviews from other consumers. If I post on amazon or on a forum that Titanfall wasn't worth $60 because it doesn't have enough content then someone else might be a little wiser. Word of mouth is a powerful aspect of buying products and you are saying everyone should just shut up about content if they paid for it. Why? Does that help other consumers? Does that help Respawn make a better game on the next go? Hell no. This entire line of thought is utterly ridiculous.



    Great. That is your choice. This is a gaming forum. If I want to go to the Nintendo forum and say I'm not buying a Wii U and here is why......yeah, I can do that. Just like people have done in the Xbox and Playstation forums for years. No idea what any of this has to do with the subject at hand.



    What does an understanding of "business" have to do with game criticism? Say the responses aren't valid a hundred times if you wish, doesn't make that a true statement.
    Ireallydidnt thinkthat someone would reply, because there was nothing to reply about. But your post serves to show what is wrong with the hardcore gamer, and people like you regardless of how good your thoughts are never change a thing.

    You being dissatisfied should never drive you to the point where you are basically telling or trying to advice people on what they should or should not get. That isnt what gaming is about, gaming is about you going out there, getting a console that caters to your needs and buying games you enjoy playing.

    I dont see any value in the Wii or Wii U, would it be in my place to tell people that they shouldn't invest in it? I liked the 360 more than the ps3, would it have been right for me to have advised the three friends that came up to me asking me what console they should buy that the 360 was the console for them? Or is it in my place to tell friends they should be investing in CoD, BF, TF, Prototype, WWE, EA's Golfing game?

    Those games, and some consoles may not have the same amount of value to me as they do to them, but i dont have this imperial hardcore gamer attitude that I know better than others. And you see the same happening in the forums where people that dont have any interest in a console do their best to come here and downplay games ruining the experience for people that are more interested in seeing people debate or participate in a discussion about games.

    It is an imperial attitude that stinks. If you want to change things, just do what I did. I told friends what the specs of both consoles were, that the ps3 had more reliable hardware, bigger first and second party, and an OS footprint that was coming down. That the 360 was easier to develop for, had a bigger library, but less bang for the buck and RROD, plus I wasnt sure that 3rd parties would give it that much support.
    Then I stepped back and told my friends that they needed to make a decision based on what it was they liked because that decision would be for the next 5 to 6 years.

    They all chose the ps3, because they had owned nothing but the playstation brand, because they could pool resources to access more games, and because there were exclusives that they didnt see themselves doing without.

    None of them comes up to me asking what game they should buy, they can ask what good games are coming out, but I always leave the final decision to them.

    I had two friendsget This is Football and The Getaway: Black Monday, they went on to learn from those mistakes.

    And understanding business gets rid of some of these nonsense complaints like demanding enough content for what you pay. That is never up to a business, it is up to you as a consumer to get something that gives you the best return on money.
    xbox live: AcrylicAltair44

  24. #396
    Superior Member
    Old Man Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    835
    Rep Power
    22
    Points
    7,704 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    You should pay attention at the games some folks are buying at game stores sometime. Half a brain is about right, but it certainly happens.

    edit. Or better yet, go to Gamestop and check out all the crappy used games on the shelves. Every one of those crap games, someone bought brand new and then later traded in.
    You mean the games YOU think are crappy? The games YOU dislike that others played, enjoyed and THEN traded in?

    I'm not saying that when someone buys a game that they know everything or even most things about a game. I am saying that they have a general idea about the game.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

  25. #397
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,230
    Rep Power
    108
    Points
    66,943 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    You mean the games YOU think are crappy? The games YOU dislike that others played, enjoyed and THEN traded in?

    I'm not saying that when someone buys a game that they know everything or even most things about a game. I am saying that they have a general idea about the game.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    No dude, I'm talking about universally panned games. I'm not like the people I'm talking about. I do research games before I buy. Not everybody does. True, they may have a general idea but they may just go out and buy NCIS cuz they are a fan of the show even though the game is supposed to be horrible. Then again, there are folks who walk into a store and walk out with a game they have never heard of before. Sad, but it happens.

    Quote Originally Posted by acryllicaltair View Post
    Ireallydidnt thinkthat someone would reply, because there was nothing to reply about. But your post serves to show what is wrong with the hardcore gamer, and people like you regardless of how good your thoughts are never change a thing.

    You being dissatisfied should never drive you to the point where you are basically telling or trying to advice people on what they should or should not get. That isnt what gaming is about, gaming is about you going out there, getting a console that caters to your needs and buying games you enjoy playing.

    ---snip---
    Then gamers shouldn't say what they liked about games because doing so is "advising" others should buy it. This conversation is stupid. /out
    Last edited by Christopher; 03-24-2014 at 12:42.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  26. #398
    Master Guru
    darky89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the bushes.
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,996
    Rep Power
    94
    Points
    97,531 (0 Banked)
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    No dude, I'm talking about universally panned games. I'm not like the people I'm talking about. I do research games before I buy. Not everybody does. True, they may have a general idea but they may just go out and buy NCIS cuz they are a fan of the show even though the game is supposed to be horrible. Then again, there are folks who walk into a store and walk out with a game they have never heard of before. Sad, but it happens.



    Then gamers shouldn't say what they liked about games because doing so is "advising" others should buy it. This conversation is stupid. /out
    But you might just stumble upon a gem. I don't think I've done that since being part of the forums, as it's pretty difficult to miss a game that peaks your interest, but when I was a youngling during ps1 days I used to go to gamestar (local used game shop) and pick up games I'd never heard of before all the time. Like MGS, Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear - I'm sure there are others, but they were both amazing games I didn't know anything about before buying.


    I think there's a bit too much judgment going on in this thread. Not directed at anyone in particular.

    Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

  27. #399
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    843
    Rep Power
    39
    Points
    10,182 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Then gamers shouldn't say what they liked about games because doing so is "advising" others should buy it. This conversation is stupid. /out
    Nope, you said
    lol.....of course they can complain! Hell, you talk about being informed, but part of being informed is reading reviews from other consumers. If I post on amazon or on a forum that Titanfall wasn't worth $60 because it doesn't have enough content then someone else might be a little wiser. Word of mouth is a powerful aspect of buying products and you are saying everyone should just shut up about content if they paid for it. Why? Does that help other consumers? Does that help Respawn make a better game on the next go? Hell no. This entire line of thought is utterly ridiculous.
    All I had to do was look up two reviews on Amazon on Dead or Alive $ and Forza 3 to see that there are 5 star reviews that dont make sense, and 3/2/1 star reviews that were written by people who hadn't tried the game.

    But that is besides the point, point is that what I value may not necessarily be what someone else values, what I dont see as being enough content someone else will see as being more than enough. What my tastes and preferences are are not always what those close to me treasure either.

    The thought process that you as a gamer determine what is worth $60 and then tell others as if they would not rate it is sorely misguided. If you dont get the material aspects of the game and invest on something that you later regret, that should be a lesson.

    I for one respect the choices people make with their cash. It is about getting a game you would ideally want to play. People have immense fun on the Wii, I dont like it, people have fun gaming CoD, I am not a fan, havent played it even when I was being offered the game, and that is the beauty of gaming.

    You seem to want to blur the lines, but what we have been debating about is pricing.
    xbox live: AcrylicAltair44

  28. #400
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,230
    Rep Power
    108
    Points
    66,943 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    But you might just stumble upon a gem. I don't think I've done that since being part of the forums, as it's pretty difficult to miss a game that peaks your interest, but when I was a youngling during ps1 days I used to go to gamestar (local used game shop) and pick up games I'd never heard of before all the time. Like MGS, Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear - I'm sure there are others, but they were both amazing games I didn't know anything about before buying.


    I think there's a bit too much judgment going on in this thread. Not directed at anyone in particular.
    Good point. Sure. That happens. There are a ton of great games that people "stumble" on that they never heard of before.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.