Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 717 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 425 of 431
  1. #401
    Superior Member
    Old Man Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    840
    Rep Power
    22
    Points
    7,850 (0 Banked)
    If you walk into a store and buy a game with ANY prior knowledge of that game then you assume the risk of getting a bad game. I simply don't buy the fact that people walk into a store and walk out with a game without knowing ANYTHING about it. You claim it happens but I don't believe it does.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

  2. #402
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,341
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    68,116 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    If you walk into a store and buy a game with ANY prior knowledge of that game then you assume the risk of getting a bad game. I simply don't buy the fact that people walk into a store and walk out with a game without knowing ANYTHING about it. You claim it happens but I don't believe it does.
    Ok. Agree to disagree.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  3. Likes PS4freak likes this post
  4. #403
    Superior Member
    thanatos144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Stuart, Florida, United States
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Posts
    899
    Rep Power
    11
    Points
    7,950 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    If you walk into a store and buy a game with ANY prior knowledge of that game then you assume the risk of getting a bad game. I simply don't buy the fact that people walk into a store and walk out with a game without knowing ANYTHING about it. You claim it happens but I don't believe it does.
    Just admit to being wrong about hype and move on. This argument is now tedious

    tapatalk post
    141.12

  5. #404
    Superior Member
    Old Man Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    840
    Rep Power
    22
    Points
    7,850 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    Just admit to being wrong about hype and move on. This argument is now tedious

    tapatalk post
    I never argued about the hype. You can go back and look at each and every post and you won't find it.

    My point is that a game can be worth $60 if it's multiplayer only. It doesn't have to have an SP component to be worth $60.

    That's the only point I've ever made about Titanfall.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

  6. #405
    Superior Member
    thanatos144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Stuart, Florida, United States
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Posts
    899
    Rep Power
    11
    Points
    7,950 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    I never argued about the hype. You can go back and look at each and every post and you won't find it.

    My point is that a game can be worth $60 if it's multiplayer only. It doesn't have to have an SP component to be worth $60.

    That's the only point I've ever made about Titanfall.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Of course a game can be multi player only and be worth 60 bucks. Titan fall isn't one of those games

    tapatalk post
    141.12

  7. #406
    Superior Member
    Old Man Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    840
    Rep Power
    22
    Points
    7,850 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    Of course a game can be multi player only and be worth 60 bucks. Titan fall isn't one of those games

    tapatalk post
    That's always been my point.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

  8. #407
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,870
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    60,062 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    Of course a game can be multi player only and be worth 60 bucks. Titan fall isn't one of those games

    tapatalk post
    The game's worth is determined by the individual. I've bought games that have more modes and didn't think it was worth 60 bucks.

  9. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  10. #408
    Superior Member
    Old Man Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    840
    Rep Power
    22
    Points
    7,850 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    The game's worth is determined by the individual. I've bought games that have more modes and didn't think it was worth 60 bucks.
    I've bought more that my share of games that weren't worth the $60 I paid for them.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

  11. #409
    Superior Member
    TrUe GaMeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    601
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    2,877 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    If you walk into a store and buy a game with ANY prior knowledge of that game then you assume the risk of getting a bad game. I simply don't buy the fact that people walk into a store and walk out with a game without knowing ANYTHING about it. You claim it happens but I don't believe it does.
    My experience agrees with you. Working in electronics retail for 2yrs the only people who did not know what game they wanted were little kids 11 and younger and that's probably because their access to the internet is limited. Everyone else knew exactly what they wanted to get. Teenagers knew what they wanted, parents knew what their teenagers wanted, adults knew what they wanted. The only time I had to wait by the game case for people to look at the back of a game case were with little kids with their parents.

    This is an age thing I think. Guys on here who actually think people just go and spend money on game without knowing anything about it are probably in their 30's and over and choose to be oblivious to the way things are now. Those older guys did that back then I'm sure because ways of finding out about a game were little (maybe a magazine). In this day and age there is no excuse for being ignorant because of the multiple amount of options someone has to be informed before dropping that $60. $#@!, look at the game case, see a game you never heard of pull out your phone go to youtube, type in name of unheard game, bam, a video review for unheard game.

    Knowledge before the 60. What a great thing.

    Meanwhile I'll refrain from calling out the people who had a problem paying for live but all of sudden drop $60 dollars on a game they know nothing about just for $#@! and giggles.

  12. #410
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,544
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    160,958 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yuck mulitplayer only games without campaigns...
    Some of the crap we have been infested with in the past...

    Quake Arena
    Unreal Tournament
    Tribes..


    Absolute crap..all of them...who would pay for this stuff...

    [side note: I love you UT you my favorite game ever]

    Lets put a cork in if multiplayer only games are worth it.

    They are, and have been for years.

  13. #411
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Vulgotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,953
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    106,715 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Yuck mulitplayer only games without campaigns...
    Some of the crap we have been infested with in the past...

    Quake Arena
    Unreal Tournament
    Tribes..


    Absolute crap..all of them...who would pay for this stuff...

    [side note: I love you UT you my favorite game ever]

    Lets put a cork in if multiplayer only games are worth it.

    They are, and have been for years.
    Those were fantastic and, for their time, cutting edge.

    Titanfall is "good" and "below average" respectively.


  14. Likes PS4freak likes this post
  15. #412
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,544
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    160,958 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Those were fantastic and, for their time, cutting edge.

    Titanfall is "good" and "below average" respectively.
    Thats fine, and I can respect that its not going to appeal to everyone ( I haven't played it so I don't know what I think of it).
    But people taking marks off just cause it mulitplayer are just wrong..

  16. #413
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,341
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    68,116 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Yuck mulitplayer only games without campaigns...
    Some of the crap we have been infested with in the past...

    Quake Arena
    Unreal Tournament
    Tribes..


    Absolute crap..all of them...who would pay for this stuff...

    [side note: I love you UT you my favorite game ever]

    Lets put a cork in if multiplayer only games are worth it.

    They are, and have been for years.
    Sure, but you are going back to a time when there weren't hundreds of multiplayer options. No matter. If tons of folks are buying TF then that is really the only justification it needs, isn't it? I just think it would have been more of a slam-dunk if it had a campaign.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  17. #414
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,870
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    60,062 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Those were fantastic and, for their time, cutting edge.

    Titanfall is "good" and "below average" respectively.
    titanfall is is the most fun I've had in a multiplayer game in a long time. It's definitely not below average. Not even close.

  18. #415
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,544
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    160,958 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Sure, but you are going back to a time when there weren't hundreds of multiplayer options. No matter. If tons of folks are buying TF then that is really the only justification it needs, isn't it? I just think it would have been more of a slam-dunk if it had a campaign.
    It may have offered more perceived value to you, for sure, but adding a single player wouldnt have affected the multiplayer aspect.
    Last edited by mynd; 03-25-2014 at 01:45.

  19. #416
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,173
    Rep Power
    98
    Points
    26,187 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Yuck mulitplayer only games without campaigns...
    Some of the crap we have been infested with in the past...

    Quake Arena
    Unreal Tournament
    Tribes..


    Absolute crap..all of them...who would pay for this stuff...

    [side note: I love you UT you my favorite game ever]

    Lets put a cork in if multiplayer only games are worth it.

    They are, and have been for years.
    I think you're missing the point. Multiplayer games can be worth $60 -- that's not in question. I think what people are asking is if Titanfall is worth $60 that is being asked for it? [it doesn't need to have single-player to justify that cost.]

    For some, it seems to be.

  20. #417
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Vulgotha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,953
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    106,715 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    titanfall is is the most fun I've had in a multiplayer game in a long time. It's definitely not below average. Not even close.
    What was your invoice to Redmond for that post?

    @Sainraja,

    Correct. I have no problem with paying $60 for an MP game. The content and quality just has to be there.


  21. Likes AttackTitan, snooper71, sainraja likes this post
  22. #418
    Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    128
    Rep Power
    12
    Points
    1,362 (0 Banked)
    Just got the xbox one today traded in the ps3 and what not titanfall is surprisingly good. Only played a few games but really enjoying it. Must say as well kinect has surpassed all expectations heard some varying reports but it recognises about 90% of instructions and really does leave the ps camera in its wake

  23. #419
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,870
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    60,062 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    What was your invoice to Redmond for that post?

    @Sainraja,

    Correct. I have no problem with paying $60 for an MP game. The content and quality just has to be there.
    they dont have have to pay me for my honest opinion, but I wouldn't say no if they wanted to....lol I'm not gonna hate on the game. If it's good, it's good.

  24. #420
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    583
    Rep Power
    8
    Points
    9,797 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    they dont have have to pay me for my honest opinion, but I wouldn't say no if they wanted to....lol I'm not gonna hate on the game. If it's good, it's good.
    and how much for that one?

  25. #421
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,026
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    40,486 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm suggesting we cease with the 'getting paid' accusations. Stopping it before it gets any sillier.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  26. #422
    Forum Guru
    jlippone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,819
    Rep Power
    85
    Points
    10,094 (0 Banked)
    They handle cheaters and thus banned players with quite elegant solution.

    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

  27. #423
    Superior Member
    Old Man Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    840
    Rep Power
    22
    Points
    7,850 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by jlippone View Post
    They handle cheaters and thus banned players with quite elegant solution.

    This is the same solution that Rockstar used with GTA 5. Pretty good way to handle it if you ask me.

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

  28. #424
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,703
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    60,431 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    That solution is nothing new its been going on for years with all anti cheat services.

  29. #425
    Superior Member
    thanatos144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Stuart, Florida, United States
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Posts
    899
    Rep Power
    11
    Points
    7,950 (0 Banked)
    I dont get whjy someone would cheat on a Multi player game... If you suck so bad that you cheat dont play.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.