Latest PSU headlines:

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 717 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Its how you find the game in the long run that matters.. there's always excitement when we first play a game we were anticipating...glad alot of people are enjoying it.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    nothing. sub noted two things in his post: TF more fun than any other shooter on market. easy to pick up.
    I also said "in my opinion".

so i was actually saying the opposite, that fun factor should not have anything to do with how easy or difficult a game is.
    you mean for you, right? I also said it was fast and well balanced.

i went into the mechanics because i called TF a newbie game and said that sub thinks it's a fun game because it fits his level of skill/experience with shooters, which he stated, was easier to pick up on...which supports my opinion.
    no, its a fun game because i had fun playing it. It has nothing to do with my level of experience.

two different subjects were open but really it had to do with his original comment that broadly implied that TF was more fun than any other shooter out on the market. which you really shouldn't be saying unless you have something to back it up with.
    I did back it up. I played the other games and I had more fun playing titanfall. It was more fun based off my experience, and comparing that one to the others.

so next time he says, "Xbox has the best first party exclusives out of all its competitors." he really means that they are "to him"...
    If i said that, it's obvious i'm talking about me and my preferences since that is subjective and totally baseless in facts. Now, if you get something else out of it, it's on you. Why in world would I be speaking for anyone besides myself?
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 03-14-2014 at 23:47.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    There's been plenty of talk about Titanfall's sub-native resolution, but while that is not exactly ideal, the biggest problem we have with the game in its current format is that the magic combination of ingredients that made Modern Warfare work has come slightly off the boil here: the Xbox One version simply cannot sustain the required 60fps. The consistency in performance just isn't there and so the gameplay often doesn't feel quite right.
    So, just like the beta, we see Titanfall frame-rates on Xbox One dip into the mid-30s at its worst, and at those points the rock-solid consistency we saw in the early iterations of the Modern Warfare experience is gone, and with it - arguably - the essence of the "twitch" shooter. In mitigation this does tend to happen while you're seated in your Titan, so the need for ultra-low latency controls is lessened, but there's no doubt that the player's immersion in the experience is dented by the compromised performance.
    Respawn's adaptive v-sync decision works out OK for general, on-foot pilot gameplay but there's still too much of the 'adaptive' and not enough of the 'v-sync', resulting in an obvious tearing that impacts visual consistency. However, the effects vary: with little in the way of left/right panning, it manifests almost like a 'wobble' - noticeable, but nothing that unduly affects the quality of the gameplay. However, in the middle of pitched battle, with the player spinning around to tackle new threats, the tearing is very obvious and highly distracting.
    Well, we put some time into this and didn't spot any single-digit frame-rates, but this is clearly a great way to stress-test the game, and we can well imagine that if all 12 Titans were let loose in a confined space, frame-rates could plummet to a noticeably unacceptable level.
    on Xbox One at least, the performance level clearly isn't anywhere near locked to the magic 60fps, with Respawn sailing dangerously close on occasion to nerfing the the magic formula that makes this game great.

By and large, when you need the signature twitch-levels of response, Titanfall delivers, but it does so at a price - eye-rending screen-tear.
    Titanfall has clear performance issues on Xbox One, but it's still a fun experience[on xbone]. However, when playing on PC, the fluidity in refresh, response and control is leagues ahead.
    Looks to have enough problems that any other game would get ripped for.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...t-gen-face-off
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 03-15-2014 at 21:46.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    But have you seen titanfall? Man Sufi you never learn bro lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    But have you seen titanfall? Man Sufi you never learn bro lol

I have seen it on twitch and it isn't worth $60 USD.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Looks to have enough problems that any other game would get ripped for.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...t-gen-face-off
    Pc version better than xb1. That's a shocker...lol

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    That's the only thing you took away from the article? Oh psu

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    That's the only thing you took away from the article? Oh psu

We already know the PC version is superior. Out of 47 reviews on metacritic , 45 are positive. Have they posted a review yet?

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Pc version better than xb1. That's a shocker...lol
    The article made you out to be a liar. I'm not shocked at that.

xbox one version has some major issues that you tried sweeping under the rug.

Forum Sage
    The article made you out to be a liar. I'm not shocked at that.

xbox one version has some major issues that you tried sweeping under the rug.
    lol... I never said once that titanfall was locked at 60fps and never compared it to the PC version. I said that it didn't hamper gameplay and it's still enjoyable. The article stated that too but you conveniently left that out along with the other positive stuff. I'm shocked...lol

"We see dips as performance drops but the overall experience isn't impacted too much across the run of play. "
    PC is the best version. Water is wet and so on. The game is still rating well at 86 and tied with battlefield which only has 16 reviews. That makes it the highest rated shooter so far this gen. That's pretty impressive IMO.

Elite Sage
    lol... I never said once that titanfall was locked at 60fps and never compared it to the PC version. I said that it didn't hamper gameplay and it's still enjoyable. The article stated that too but you conveniently left that out along with the other positive stuff. I'm shocked...lol
    lol Read lol what lol I lol quoted lol and lol underlined lol in the last qu lol ote from the article lol.

12. Likes Peregrin8X likes this post
    Forum Sage
    lol Read lol what lol I lol quoted lol and lol underlined lol in the last qu lol ote from the article lol.
    Come on now, bro. You're just hating now. The game is decent, not perfect. It is what it is. You should give it a try. you just may like it.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    PC is the best version. Water is wet and so on. The game is still rating well at 86 and tied with battlefield which only has 16 reviews. That makes it the highest rated shooter so far this gen. That's pretty impressive IMO.
    I'd say the reviews were largely underwhelming based on the hype that was built up for it. I'm sure it is a fine MP shooter, but tied with BF4 as "highest rated shooter" at this point really isn't saying that much. Expectations were much higher from get-go for this game. Don't think it measured up to its billing, frankly.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I'd say the reviews were largely underwhelming based on the hype that was built up for it. I'm sure it is a fine MP shooter, but tied with BF4 as "highest rated shooter" at this point really isn't saying that much. Expectations were much higher from get-go for this game. Don't think it measured up to its billing, frankly.
    So now a 86 is underwhelming and not saying much? Come on man, I know this is PSU and you guys have a bias for playstation but you guys haven't even played the game. Whatever happened to play the game before you judge? There are more reviews out there in the 90s that aren't even on Metacritic which would probably take this game to at least 90. What's it's supposed to do to measure up to its billing? Rave reviews mean nothing?

Elite Sage
    Come on now, bro. You're just hating now. The game is decent, not perfect. It is what it is. You should give it a try. you just may like it.

I see why you didn't see me underline that the xbox one version was said to still be fun. You can't hear or see $#@! that can be considered a strike towards your brand of choice.

17. Likes Peregrin8X, Serinous , Christopher likes this post
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    So now a 86 is underwhelming and not saying much? Come on man, I know this is PSU and you guys have a bias for playstation but you guys haven't even played the game. Whatever happened to play the game before you judge? There are more reviews out there in the 90s that aren't even on Metacritic which would probably take this game to at least 90. What's it's supposed to do to measure up to its billing? Rave reviews mean nothing?
    Because I wasn't talking about the game. I was referring specifically to the reviews. And I referenced my opinion "based on the hype" the game received before it was released. If I predicted TF would get about the same response from reviewers as BF4 did prior to its release, you would have rolled over laughing.

I'm just going to laugh off you calling out ANYONE for bias, but that is also the last word on it. Period.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

19. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    PSN ID
    IshTing
    Love reading these threads on PSU.

Elite Sage
    Sub trying to pull the "5 out of 10" is average crap. That scale doesn't count like that anymore

10's are now considered for genre changing titles. Doing things that hasn't been accomplished before.

9's are for great games that hold their own with the best of them and brings something to the table with them

8's are now considered average title.

7's Some may like it and others may hate it

6 and below - Stay far away from this title.

22. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Forum Sage

I see why you didn't see me underline that the xbox one version was said to still be fun. You can't hear or see $#@! that can be considered a strike towards your brand of choice
    let's not throw that "brand choice" thing around. It's old and really a pot kettle thing around here. Anyway,. I'm sure you had good intentions with that post...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Because I wasn't talking about the game. I was referring specifically to the reviews. And I referenced my opinion "based on the hype" the game received before it was released. If I predicted TF would get about the same response from reviewers as BF4 did prior to its release, you would have rolled over laughing.
    hype for a game doesn't mean great reviews. I've been hyped for a lot of games that didn't get good reviews.

I'm just going to laugh off you calling out ANYONE for bias, but that is also the last word on it. Period.
    We all have bias. I tend to stay home with with mine 99% of the time. It all good though.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 03-15-2014 at 23:50.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    let's not throw that "brand choice" thing around. It's old and really a pot kettle thing around here. Anyway,. I'm sure you had good intentions with that post...lol
    You are the worst offender

tapatalk post

Elite Sage
    snipl
    How about you discuss my post about scores? Titanfall isn't living up to the hype that was placed on its shoulders.

Every other game that had this amount of hype placed on it has scored in the 90's. Now we're seeing all sorts of excuses from you and other fans that hyped this game to the heavens.

PSU Technical Advisor
    To be fair, the PC version is a bucket load of ass too. This game is not worth $60.

Superior Member
    seems like Tf isnt the godsend many were hoping for, maybe that will be the case when tf2 comes for xbox1 and ps4.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Peregrin8X View Post
    seems like Tf isnt the godsend many were hoping for, maybe that will be the case when tf2 comes for xbox1 and ps4.
    TF2 has been out for years

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by Peregrin8X View Post
    Still wouldnt pay 60 bucks for it. It is only maps ans mechs.

tapatalk post

Thread Information