Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    I think if MS secured it as an X1 exclusive, no 360 or PC....then it could move systems to the hopes of MS and its fans. But being on 3 different platforms, 2 of which are already in majority of homes already....it might not impact X1 that much.
    I would have thought that a special Titanfall branded Xbox One bundle would have rocketed it to the top of the charts, but so far that hasn't been the case on Amazon. PS4 quietly sold out again in the midst of all this hoopla and is still above the Titanfall bundle.

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-v...=pd_dp_ts_vg_1

That may change now that the PS4 is out of stock though.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I would have thought that a special Titanfall branded Xbox One bundle would have rocketed it to the top of the charts, but so far that hasn't been the case on Amazon. PS4 quietly sold out again in the midst of all this hoopla and is still above the Titanfall bundle. http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-v...=pd_dp_ts_vg_1 That may change now that the PS4 is out of stock though.
    Yep, alot of hype but that Titanfall bundle isnt exactly burning up the charts.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Probably because they are still asking a lot for a box covered in stickers
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    I agree. I would think MS would want to give 360 owners an incentive to buy an Xbone. But they failed to do so by releasing on the 360 as well. 80 million+ 360 owners out there. Then throw in PC and thats definitely going to have an effect on the ability of this game to help Xbone sales to any substantial degree.
    Thats exactly what they did. if you have sold over 80 million xbox360s, why not make the game available for those who haven't made the jump to next gen yet. I think its smart when you look at the fact that there are only over 3 million xb1s out there. This should be a win for everyone involved. Publishers and devs get a larger cut and the platform holder gets a boost in sales.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Thats exactly what they did. if you have sold over 80 million xbox360s, why not make the game available for those who haven't made the jump to next gen yet. I think its smart when you look at the fact that there are only over 3 million xb1s out there. This should be a win for everyone involved. Publishers and devs get a larger cut and the platform holder gets a boost in sales.
    How exactly did they give 360 owners an incentive to buy an Xbone? An incentive would be to make Titanfall Xbone exclusive so if you want to play Titanfall you'll have to buy an Xbone. This will help the publisher sell more copies sure but it certainly wont help MS significantly boost Xbone sales. And thats something that MS desperately needs right now.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-11-2014 at 21:10.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    How exactly did they give 360 owners an incentive to buy an Xbone? An incentive would be to make Titanfall Xbone exclusive so if you want to play Titanfall you'll have to buy an Xbone. This will help the publisher sell more copies sure but it certainly wont help MS significantly boost Xbone sales. And thats something that MS desperately needs right now.
    Comes down to MS didn't make a deal to make Titanfall X1 exclusive. They made a deal to keep Titanfall off of PS4.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

7. Likes Demi_God likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Comes down to MS didn't make a deal to make Titanfall X1 exclusive. They made a deal to keep Titanfall off of PS4.
    Bingo. The downside being that this game wont give as much of a sales boost to Xbone (which MS really needs) because of being spread across 3 different platforms.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-11-2014 at 21:18.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    And let's be honest, why spend 500 on a new console when you can just pay 30-50 to play it on something you already have!

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    And let's be honest, why spend 500 on a new console when you can just pay 30-50 to play it on something you already have!
    it will be interesting to see the sales breakdown of titanfall on the different platforms.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    Yep exactly. So that right there takes away what could have been a good incentive for 360 owners to buy an Xbone. A lost opportunity to possibly giving Xbone sales a meaningful boost.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-11-2014 at 21:28.

Forum Sage
    By having the game on xbox. If they liked the game on the 360 there is a chance that if they do upgrade, they will buy a xb1 for the sequel since its only on the xbox/MS platform. IMO making the game exclusive to only xb1 would be taking more of a chance this early in the generation. More platforms equals more sales. More sales increases the chance that the next one will come to ps4 too.

This game may increase sales for xb1. Maybe not by much, but it sure won't hurt xb1 sales. If MS desperately needs sales, this title is a very good start to accomplishing that.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    At least Titanfall only using a 10 year old engine (Source) instead of a 15 year old engine that other game uses.

Well Titanfall has not made me buy a XBone, if I want to play it I will be able to do so on my PC.
    Last edited by keefy; 03-11-2014 at 21:56.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    By having the game on xbox. If they liked the game on the 360 there is a chance that if they do upgrade, they will buy a xb1 for the sequel since its only on the xbox/MS platform. IMO making the game exclusive to only xb1 would be taking more of a chance this early in the generation. More platforms equals more sales. More sales increases the chance that the next one will come to ps4 too. This game may increase sales for xb1. Maybe not by much, but it sure won't hurt xb1 sales. If MS desperately needs sales, this title is a very good start to accomplishing that.
    Not really. It just tells 360 owners that they dont need to buy an Xbone yet. So yes, it does hurt Xbone sales. I do agree however that the publisher benefits from overall sales. As for the sequel we dont know yet if thats going to be exclusive to Xbox. MS didnt buy the IP they bought exclusitivity for the first game. With PS4 sales going the way they are I think any sequels will most likely go to PlayStation as well.

Dedicated Member
    Ps4 does need some killer games right now ,it may not necessarily be titanfall (now since ms grabbed it), but some big budget exclusive. I think infamous may be big, but it's certainly not as big as titanfall. Sony should try and put out the order 1886 this year, if it slips to next year, and no other big budget exclusive hits this year (uncharted 4 is definitely 2015), then titanfall would be a definite candidate for GOTY.
    Last edited by rene2kx; 03-11-2014 at 23:00.

Forum Sage
    Not really. It just tells 360 owners that they dont need to buy an Xbone yet. So yes, it does hurt Xbone sales. I do agree however that the publisher benefits from overall sales. As for the sequel we dont know yet if thats going to be exclusive to Xbox. MS didnt buy the IP they bought exclusitivity for the first game. With PS4 sales going the way they are I think any sequels will most likely go to PlayStation as well.
    Thats exactly my point. We unlikely that it will be exclusive but its probably 99.9% that it will be on xb1 if they do a sequel. So if a person liked the game on the 360 and they want the sequel they know it will be on xb1.

Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    Ps4 does need some games right now ,it may not necessarily be titanfall (now since ms grabbed it), but some big budget exclusive. I think infamous may be big, but it's certainly not as big as titanfall. Sony should try and put out the order 1886 this year, if it slips to next year, and no other big budget exclusive hits this year (uncharted 4 is definitely 2015), then titanfall would be a definite candidate for GOTY.
    To be honest i'm surprised at what we're seeing from sony as far as 1st party games goes. Its not what i expected.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 03-11-2014 at 22:29.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    Ps4 does need some games right now ,it may not necessarily be titanfall (now since ms grabbed it), but some big budget exclusive. I think infamous may be big, but it's certainly not as big as titanfall. Sony should try and put out the order 1886 this year, if it slips to next year, and no other big budget exclusive hits this year (uncharted 4 is definitely 2015), then titanfall would be a definite candidate for GOTY.
    Please elaborate.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Thats exactly my point. We unlikely that it will be exclusive but its probably 99.9% that it will be on xb1 if they do a sequel. So if a person liked the game on the 360 and they want the sequel they know it will be on xb1.
    99.9% based on what? If PS4 sales continue how they are the PS4 userbase will be too big to ignore. In fact I read an article sometime back that EA did that deal because they assumed MS was going to "eat Sony's lunch" this gen. But instead its the other way around. So I Wouldn't be so sure about that 99.9% claim. If last gen taught us anything its that 3rd party exclusives are fickle. First party is the only guarantee that any console has of retaining exclusitivity of games.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-11-2014 at 22:38.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    Please elaborate.
    oops i meant ps4 does need some killer games right now, since ms got titanfall locked. consoles do have this lull period after launch like ps4 is having right now but sony can make up for it if they put out a big budget exclusive this year. if anything, they should be making sure that the order 1886 makes it this year, and drive club doesn't see yet another delay.

Forum Sage
    I think his point is about mind share. People who played on the X360 will expect the sequel to be on the Xbox One (even if the PS4 gets the sequel.) In other words, Microsoft paid that money to associate the TitanFall brand with the Xbox brand.

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    I really don't see Titanfall as being this massive thing. It looks fun, but frankly doesn't seem different enough to separate itself from other multiplayer games. Obviously inFamous isn't unique, but is something a bit different from just another modern military shooter.

It just seems like we're being told "This is the next big thing", rather than it coming out, blowing people away and becoming the next big thing naturally. It's being drilled into us, but in the end I think it's going to be just another (good) modern military shooter.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

22. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    MS would've had to pay a hefty $$$ to keep titanfall away from sony. EA doesn't get bribed so easily lol.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    I really don't see Titanfall as being this massive thing. It looks fun, but frankly doesn't seem different enough to separate itself from other multiplayer games. Obviously inFamous isn't unique, but is something a bit different from just another modern military shooter.

It just seems like we're being told "This is the next big thing", rather than it coming out, blowing people away and becoming the next big thing naturally. It's being drilled into us, but in the end I think it's going to be just another (good) modern military shooter.
    Most of the reviews i read don't agree with that. They say it does. Like gamespot said it reinvents player motion and it is what separates it from the random multiplayer shooter. And watching some streams, i do see what they're saying.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post

Agreed, I really can't see what all the hype around Titanfall is all about!!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    I'm quite sure they are easy to bribe if they wouldn't know the outcome of said game. In this case, I think Microsoft got a hell of a deal. If by any chance Microsoft spent something stupid like $50 million for one game, I wouldn't expect a new system from them in the future if that's the way they are going to toss money around. And that $1 billion for Xbox support won't last long at all. Hell, they already used half of that for some NFL deal. LOL

Forum Elder
    They bought it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information