Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    99.9% based on what? If PS4 sales continue how they are the PS4 userbase will be too big to ignore. In fact I read an article sometime back that EA did that deal because they assumed MS was going to "eat Sony's lunch" this gen. But instead its the other way around. So I Wouldn't be so sure about that 99.9% claim. If last gen taught us anything its that 3rd party exclusives are fickle. First party is the only guarantee that any console has of retaining exclusitivity of games.
    What makes you think the sequel won't be on xb1? Its unlikely that EA would do an exclusive deal with sony. Not after the first game is only on xbox. Just for the record, they didn't ignore sony. They approached them with the game too.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    What makes you think the sequel won't be on xb1? Its unlikely that EA would do an exclusive deal with sony. Not after the first game is only on xbox. Just for the record, they didn't ignore sony. They approached them with the game too.
    Didnt say it wouldn't be on Xbone. Just said that it might also be on PS4. Also I didnt say they ignored Sony just that MS opened their checkbook to get the first Titanfall as a permanent exclusive. And there was a recent article stating that Sony is now in talks to get the Titanfall series over to PlayStation as well.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-12-2014 at 03:25.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I want to see the sales of Titanfall along with the sales of xbones. The way titanfall is talked about, it's the next gta/call of duty. I wonder why MS hasn't given us an update on xbone figures lately? Surely it has passed the 360's launch FY year already. I'm not expecting to hear anything until next month.

Code:
    FY          Jl-Sp    Oc-Dc    Ja-Mr    Ap-Jn     FY       LTD

2005/06       -       1.5      1.7      1.8       5.0     5.0  Launch Year

2006/07       1.0     4.4      0.5      0.7       6.6    11.6 Gears of War Launch

2007/08       1.8     4.3      1.3      1.3       8.7    20.3  Halo 3/Call of Duty 4 launch
    PS4 is currently putting up Wii numbers while costing more than the wii. The PS4 also doesn't have the Wii must have casual title(s) either. I'd like to point out, for those playing dumb, that Sony could have easily held GOW:A, The Last of Us and Gran turismo 6 back and launched them on the ps4.

wii
    Code:
    Hardware       Ap-Jn    Jl-Sp    Oc-Dc    Ja-Mr      FY      LTD

FY 2006/07       -        -      3.19     2.65      5.84     5.84 wii sports

FY 2007/08     3.43     3.90     6.96     4.32      18.61    24.45   wii Fit
    The games are coming. Sony doesn't need a system seller at the moment. MS does. You won't find ps4's on shelves for long. The demand isn't down. You'll find xbones constantly on the shelves because demand is down. Infamous 1 and 2 sold 2m each. Infamous 2 was then made available on ps+ for a good while. Infamous Second Sons has sparked more attention than the previous titles and not because "ps4 has no games and owners will buy anything" but because it left a good impression when the gameplay was revealed.

Seeing how the sales play out for march will be interesting though.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 03-12-2014 at 03:40.

4. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    The excuse will then become, "well it released on 2 other platforms, it wasn't going to move xbones regardless of how hyped it was"

Imagine if gears of war was also released on the pc and og xbox a week after it launched on the 360. I predict Sony will outsell ms in march, April should be fun watching the spin doctors go to work

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

6. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I want to see the sales of Titanfall along with the sales of xbones. The way titanfall is talked about, it's the next gta/call of duty. I wonder why MS hasn't given us an update on xbone figures lately? Surely it has passed the 360's launch year already. I'm not expecting to hear anything until next month. 360The games are coming. Sony doesn't need a system seller at the moment. MS does. You won't find ps4's on shelves for long. The demand isn't down. You'll find xbones constantly on the shelves because demand is down. Infamous 1 and 2 sold 2m. Infamous 2 was then made available on ps+ for a good while. Infamous Second Sons has sparked more attention than the previous titles and not because "ps4 has no games and owners will buy anything" but because it left a good impression when the gameplay was revealed. Seeing how the sales play out for march will be interesting though.
    Yep thats the big difference. Sony doesnt need a system seller right now because PS4 is already selling, even to the point of demand overtaking supply. MS on the other hand very much needs a system seller because Sony is kicking MS teeth down their throat even in their strongest two territories. Xbone is demand is down and Xbone sales desperately needs a jumpstart.

~Had to edit out the figures in the quote. vbulletin was barfing up the page.
    -Christopher
    Last edited by Christopher; 03-16-2014 at 16:58.

Elite Sage
    Didnt say it wouldn't be on Xbone. Just said that it might also be on PS4. Also I didnt say they ignored Sony just that MS opened their checkbook to get the first Titanfall as a permanent exclusive. And there was a recent article stating that Sony is now in talks to get the Titanfall series over to PlayStation as well.
    That's what I've been the whole time. The sequel will be on ps4 as well, but it will already have a audience on Xbox. People who played the game on Xbox 360 will most likely play it on xb1 if the upgrade to a next gen console.

Yep thats the big difference. Sony doesnt need a system seller right now because PS4 is already selling, even to the point of demand overtaking supply. MS on the other hand very much needs a system seller because Sony is kicking MS teeth down their throat even in their strongest two territories. Xbone is demand is down and Xbone sales desperately needs a jumpstart.
    Ps4 is doing well right now. So is xb1. Don't for get that xb1 is more expensive and in only 13 countries and still sold over 3 million. Those numbers aren't better than Sony but better than the 360 which is a good accomplishment. You do need a good system seller. That's what people buy the console for. Ps4 isn't doing as well as we thought in japan as the link below shows. Not for it being their home turf. It's mainly because the lack of games that target the Japanese. So I would say Sony does needs a system seller. You have to give people a reason other than it being new hardware to go out and purchase it. Thats where the money is made.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...or-new-system/
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 03-12-2014 at 04:16.

Veteran
    Sadly it seems the western media will be there to always hype a Microsoft exclusive. This game only got hyped once it was announced as an exclusive and no one even knew what the game was about. Adam Sessler has given the game a 5/5 and no one can hardly play right now because of log in issues....and this is a multi-player only game.

I can guarantee that if this was Sony products as well, it would not be hyped up as it is.

Anyway, on another point. If he is disappointed in Infamous' graphics then he must be downright suicidal about Titan Fall's graphics.

10. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    That's what I've been the whole time. The sequel will be on ps4 as well, but it will already have a audience on Xbox. People who played the game on Xbox 360 will most likely play it on xb1 if the upgrade to a next gen console. Ps4 is doing well right now. So is xb1. Don't for get that xb1 is more expensive and in only 13 countries and still sold over 3 million. Those numbers aren't better than Sony but better than the 360 which is a good accomplishment. You do need a good system seller. That's what people buy the console for. Ps4 isn't doing as well as we thought in japan as the link below shows. Not for it being their home turf. It's mainly because the lack of games that target the Japanese. So I would say Sony does needs a system seller. You have to give people a reason other than it being new hardware to go out and purchase it. Thats where the money is made. http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...or-new-system/
    Well if you call getting the crap kicked out of you even in your two strongest territories doing well then yeah Xbone is doing well. And Infamous is coming this month and the Infamous bundle is currently outselling the Titanfall bundle. So if youre calling Titanfall a system seller then so is Infamous.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-12-2014 at 05:42.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    Sadly it seems the western media will be there to always hype a Microsoft exclusive. This game only got hyped once it was announced as an exclusive and no one even knew what the game was about. Adam Sessler has given the game a 5/5 and no one can hardly play right now because of log in issues....and this is a multi-player only game.

I can guarantee that if this was Sony products as well, it would not be hyped up as it is.

Anyway, on another point. If he is disappointed in Infamous' graphics then he must be downright suicidal about Titan Fall's graphics.
    you probably right. Then again, Sony doesn't hype its own games enough. They should be pushing infamous more.

Well if you call getting the crap kicked out of you even in your two strongest territories doing well then yeah Xbone is doing well. And Infamous is coming this month and the Infamous bundle is currently outselling the Titanfall bundle. So if youre calling Titanfall a system seller then so is Infamous.
    I wouldn't call it getting the crap kicked out of them, but definitely not selling as well as ps4. over 3 million isn't bad. Especially when you are 100 dollars more and in far less territories as your competitor. I don't think infamous is gonna do as well as Titanfall. They may sell more bundles but titanfall has a better chance of moving more copies. of course, i could be wrong.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 03-12-2014 at 05:54.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    you probably right. Then again, Sony doesn't hype its own games enough. They should be pushing infamous more.
    I do agree with that. MS are the masters of marketing and Sony not so much.

Veteran
    I've seen a lot of Infamous ads. I would say they seem a bit scarce because the entire western media is basically Microsofts PR department. Not too much they can do at that point.

The Infamous stuff kind of gets lost in the noise.
    Last edited by Kauldron; 03-12-2014 at 06:02.

Forum Overseer

This article was entertaining to say the least.

Key notes:

About SS

• it won’t be the killer exclusive
    • didn’t impress on a visual scale
    • it was so grey and dull with no extra texture detail to be found on walls or on the tarmac
    • crappy-looking demo
    • combat felt decidedly last-gen too, with clunky melee moves

About Order

• The Order: 1886 looks interesting, but we’re going to need a bit more convincing it’s not just another third-person shooter
    • get rid of the awful ‘cinematic’ widescreen borders.

About unknown/unseen games (except TLG)

• Oh well, there’s always The Last Guardian…
    • can Kratos and Nathan Drake take on the mechs and Master Chief? You’re damn right they can, but Sony needs to get them off the bench and into the game before it’s too late.

About PS4

• this isn’t a PS4-bashing article
    • sony need to show gamers something NOW.
    • so far, they’re relying on faith that little bit too much

About Titanfall

• I played Titanfall at an expo last year and knew there and then this was going to be huge [no other explanation?]
    • With Titanfall due to hit rival platform Xbox One later this week, I was left wondering when the PS4 can expect to see its own exclusive that builds up a similar degree of hype and enthusiasm [people are enthusiastic about titanfall except those that own the system? because they wanted titanfall?]

About X1

• we’re now seeing regional price-cuts making the Microsoft console much more competitive [evidence?]

About unannounced/unseen games (by unknown developers)

• the hype machine will start rolling through with Halo 5 on its back [and MS doesn't need to announce this NOW?]

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    I've seen a lot of Infamous ads. I would say they seem a bit scarce because the entire western media is basically Microsofts PR department. Not too much they can do at that point.

The Infamous stuff kind of gets lost in the noise.
    ive seen about 4 or 5 titanfall commercials the past hour.....lol

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I've seen more Infamous ads on tv than titanfall. I've only recently started to see titanfall ads.

Go to youtube and search Infamous Second Son. Then click filter and sort by view count. Do the same for TitanFall. I think you'll be surprised by the results.

The word about infamous is getting out there. It's just not as hyped as titanfall, which can end up being a good thing if it stacks up to more than what the media expected.

Forum Overseer

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Look behind the cushions on the sofa, all sorts of stuff falls down there.

we’re now seeing regional price-cuts making the Microsoft console much more competitive [evidence?]
    This is true.
    Xbox One with Titanfall is now $698 across the board here in NZ.
    Last edited by mynd; 03-12-2014 at 07:12.

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Look behind the cushions on the sofa, all sorts of stuff falls down there.

This is true.
    Xbox One with Titanfall is now $698 across the board here in NZ.
    is it making it more competitive. do we have data to support this? shouldn't he be saying, that it "should" make more competitive?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Look behind the cushions on the sofa, all sorts of stuff falls down there. This is true. Xbox One with Titanfall is now $698 across the board here in NZ.
    Go buy one mynd.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    funkybudda
    I'm very hyped for Infamous. I know youre not but to each his own. MLB The Show which I think is the best sports series ever is coming in May so for me theres some great exclusives trickling in. Titanfall looks fun but imo its nothing special just overhyped and greatly marketed.
    PS4 version release date is May 31, almost 2 months into 2014 MLB season. That is another fail on Sony.
    You need a users permission to quote them in your sig.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by funkybudda View Post
    PS4 version release date is May 31, almost 2 months into 2014 MLB season. That is another fail on Sony.
    So what? Wont make the game any less awesome. And Infamous is March 21. So coming up real quick. Edit- MLB now has a release date of May 6.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-14-2014 at 06:10.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Go buy one mynd.
    Lol, spent way to much today already $1400 on a new bed and some bedroom drawers for my daughters.

Not at all convinced I need either of these consoles, and titanfall sure as hell wouldn't convince me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    is it making it more competitive. do we have data to support this? shouldn't he be saying, that it "should" make more competitive?
    Its 60 cheaper than it was, of course that makes it more competitive than it was before.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    The article is obviously biased. ... wonder how much Microsoft paid him?

tapatalk post

Ultimate Veteran
    I have found an answer..

Forum Overseer

Its 60 cheaper than it was, of course that makes it more competitive than it was before.

well of course every single thing makes a console more competitive. a new update can make it more competitive. my point is, is it significant enough to call it a positive against Sony yet? since he is making a lot of assumptions about Sony losing the game if they don't do this or announce that right now this moment...it seems like he's giving MS a break (even though MS has announced LESS titles). sounds biased or just trying to get hits.

Thread Information