Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    you couldn't be more wrong. the dedicated servers you speak of where you have control over them? they still cost extra money. PS4 users get dedicated server support in games that X1 does as well. there's no difference there.
    Like what? There isn't to my knowledge one PS4 game with dedicated serves.
    Listening servers, sure, but they only aid in matchmaking peer to peer gaming.
    what does that have to do with your servers?
    What? Because your cloud AI for pong is running on you server, and you updated it?
    which you can do on any server...again, not understanding the point you're trying to make here.
    I don think you understand how game servers run. My point is, that having to rent servers is cheaper than doing it yourself.
    basically the biggest point of having azure, right? thought so.

i don't think you know the full story.

“Dedicated servers will be used on current gen, next gen and PC with Ghosts. And, in order to make sure that people have the best possible experience regardless of platform, location or connection, Ghosts will be using a hybrid system of dedicated servers and listen servers. So no matter where you are the game will always be trying to give you the best online performance possible.”

http://mp1st.com/2013/11/22/call-dut.../#.UyYvk875lA4
    Yes I know what listening and dedicated servers are, and we all know that the number of actual "dedicated" servers they have out there is pitiful.
    By the way that refutes nothing of what I said,you "may" get a dedicated server, but you probably wont.
    And the XBO version is still the only one with dedicated servers not "hybrid" servers.
    Last edited by mynd; 03-17-2014 at 01:25.

Dedicated Member
    Our 'TitanFall' is most likely PlanetSide 2. Coming soon but not soon enough for me.

Meanwhile, I have plenty.
    Can't wait to see what Japan is putting out soon.
    Sleeping very soundly on a Saturday morning I was dreaming
    I was Al Capone
    There's a rumour going round, gotta clear outta town
    I'm smelling like a dry fish bone
    Here come the Law, gonna break down the door, gonna carry me
    away once more
    Never, never, never get it any more
    Gotta get away from this stone cold floor
    Crazy
    Stone cold crazy, you know

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Like what? There isn't to my knowledge one PS4 game with dedicated serves.
    Listening servers, sure, but they only aid in matchmaking peer to peer gaming.
    1) you're wrong. 2) read that quote again, they are talking about "all" platforms.
    What? Because your cloud AI for pong is running on you server, and you updated it?
    so if the developer doesn't need to use the servers to run calculations...you're telling me that you don't need any of that. again, going back to the point, how much resources is it exactly saving you? TF is not evidence to any sort of technical achievement that is otherwise not possible.

I don think you understand how game servers run. My point is, that having to rent servers is cheaper than doing it yourself.
    lol, i don't think you understand how game servers run. you don't need to do it yourself, when the console makers are doing it for you. Both Sony and MS provide servers, MS has a better service overall but they both provide dedicated servers. Then there are servers you can rent and modify the room the way you like, those cost additional money.

Yes I know what listening and dedicated servers are, and we all know that the number of actual "dedicated" servers they have out there is pitiful.
    your point? that's the developer's fault. They are doing it for all platforms. Heck, that shows right there that availability isn't always going to be the answer when the developer is using their own way to do it. that must mean that azure isn't always the best option. would kinda make that availability advantage sort of low or maybe the whole low cost is PR. COD does have a lot of players so maybe that's it...they probably don't want them all to be the expensive ones.

By the way that refutes nothing of what I said,you "may" get a dedicated server, but you probably wont.
    And the XBO version is still the only one with dedicated servers not "hybrid" servers.
    o'realy?

“Dedicated servers will be used on current gen, next gen and PC with Ghosts. And, in order to make sure that people have the best possible experience regardless of platform, location or connection, Ghosts will be using a hybrid system of dedicated servers and listen servers. So no matter where you are the game will always be trying to give you the best online performance possible.”

Do yo have evidence that says otherwise? please provide.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Dedicated servers are mostly rented by the players in PC land, the exception being the MMO type games including Planetside.
    Last edited by keefy; 03-17-2014 at 04:24.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Thats how dedicated servers work and always have, people rent them, if they didn't there wouldn't be any, if it was left up to the devs/publishers they would switch off the game servers as soon as possible.
    that's how they work on PCs and those dedicated servers generally are given more ownership to the renters as well. on consoles, MS and Sony take your money and help the developers provide the servers to you but they're more public (you don't actually own them) though they're still dedicated servers. but they don't need to shut them down.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I don't think it was ever confirmed that COD ghost had dedicated servers for ps4. I don't think it does. Neither does Killzone.

We’ve reached out to Rubin for clarification on the prospect of dedicated servers making it to the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. Other than Rubin’s update, Activision and Infinity Ward have officially confirmed dedicated servers for the Xbox One and PC.
    UPDATE

Rubin has clarified that he cannot call out any platforms by name, specifically. Only “current gen next gen and PC.”

http://mp1st.com/2013/10/07/call-dut.../#.UyZtaahdWzk
    That was the last i heard about it. I take that as a no.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I don't think it was ever confirmed that COD ghost had dedicated servers for ps4. I don't think it does. Neither does Killzone.

That was the last i heard about it. I take that as a no.
    read carefully what he said. He said "current gen, next gen and PC". you interpret that if they didn't specify that it means PS4 doesn't have it but that's incorrect because they didn't specify Xbox One either. If they had, then I can see your point. And are you implying that last gen would have dedicated servers but PS4 won't lol? What makes you think that?

and in the same news bit, you guys keep ignoring this part, "...regardless of platform, location or connection, Ghosts will be using a hybrid system of dedicated servers and listen servers..."

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    read carefully what he said. He said "current gen, next gen and PC". you interpret that if they didn't specify that it means PS4 doesn't have it but that's incorrect because they didn't specify Xbox One either. If they had, then I can see your point. And are you implying that last gen would have dedicated servers but PS4 won't lol? What makes you think that?

and in the same news bit, you guys keep ignoring this part, "...regardless of platform, location or connection, Ghosts will be using a hybrid system of dedicated servers and listen servers..."
    Except the Xbox Once doesn't have hybrid, only dedicated, and the number of dedicated servers in the hybrid system is reportedly very low.
    Now in saying that Im sure the dedicated servers for the Xbox One only covers the areas serviced by Azure.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/08/2...rs-on-xbox-one

This really aint that hard to figure out Sufi.

Xbox One -dedicated servers hosted by Azure
    All other platforms -hybrid servers.

That's why they said in their tweet...

Just a reminder that we are using a hybrid system for Ghosts online play to deliver the best possible connection. So sometimes you might be on listen-servers and sometimes you might be on dedicated servers, depending on which offers the better connection. We’re making tweaks every day to improve the experience across all platforms, more updates to come. And yes, with today’s launch of Xbox One, there will be dedicated server support.
    Here is some early info on what they were planning for every other system....

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2051454...d_servers.html

And the ensuing $#@! storm thta you clearly missed

http://realgamernewz.com/21836/infin...of-duty-ghosts
    Last edited by mynd; 03-17-2014 at 05:44.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Killzone does from what I can tell, never had a host switch or anything, unless the entire thing is now seamless?

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    killzone runs a hybrid iirc

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    Killzone does from what I can tell, never had a host switch or anything, unless the entire thing is now seamless?
    I think they run listener servers, their answer is kind of vague

Will Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer run on dedicated servers, or peer to peer? Will there be peer-to-peer hosting at all? (source)

STH: We are running with dedicated servers to handle the transfer of data between clients.
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...ions-answered/

More info:

What is Killzone Shadow Fall’s multiplayer network structure like?
    Killzone Shadow Fall has dedicated servers hosted in various regions around the world. These servers do not run the logic of the game – they only act as a hub between the clients, forwarding network traffic from one player in game to all other players in game. This allows people with a slower connection or strict firewall settings to play without issues. Almost all logic relating to you (e.g. moving, shooting and taking damage) runs on your local PS4, with only a very small portion of the game logic (i.e. mission/scoring logic) running on the ‘session master’, one PS4 in the game selected for its connection quality.
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/...ions-answered/

That would be a no then.
    Last edited by mynd; 03-17-2014 at 06:22.

12. Likes Bitbydeath likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Who cares it is COD

tapatalk post

14. Likes mynd likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    Who cares it is COD

tapatalk post
    Made me chuckle, because your right.

Forum Overseer
    Except the Xbox Once doesn't have hybrid, only dedicated, and the number of dedicated servers in the hybrid system is reportedly very low.
    Now in saying that Im sure the dedicated servers for the Xbox One only covers the areas serviced by Azure.

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/08/2...rs-on-xbox-one

This really aint that hard to figure out Sufi.

Xbox One -dedicated servers hosted by Azure
    All other platforms -hybrid servers.

That's why they said in their tweet...

Here is some early info on what they were planning for every other system....

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2051454...d_servers.html

And the ensuing $#@! storm thta you clearly missed

http://realgamernewz.com/21836/infin...of-duty-ghosts
    did you read their logic? they have no proof to show that they're regular servers. show me one proof of host migration on the PS4 version and i'll believe you.
    I think they run listener servers, their answer is kind of vague

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...ions-answered/

More info:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/...ions-answered/

That would be a no then.
    BF4 sports dedicated servers so your statement isn't correct.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    We dont need titanfall..............sorry, the ps4 doesnt need titanfall.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

18. Likes Captncoke49 likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    after giving it some thought, i think you may be right about the Ghosts not having dedicated servers on the PS4. but BF4 does, that is definitely a confirmation as I own the game and have seen hundreds of dedicated servers.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    after giving it some thought, i think you may be right about the Ghosts not having dedicated servers on the PS4. but BF4 does, that is definitely a confirmation as I own the game and have seen hundreds of dedicated servers.
    That's probably right, as EA do run their own servers FOR games. It was one of the reasons back in the day that EA and MS couldn't sort out LIVE, because EA wanted their servers to gain access to the live network.

Veteran
    Well, after playing Second Son for a while now, I can clearly say that the author of this article is full of $#@!.

Thread Information