Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    Yup, everyone expects the PC to be better graphically than the PS4 - that's a given. What I think people are pissed about is that we now know PC footage was shown during the PS4 reveal! That's a classic bait and switch tactic. There Ubisoft were bigging up the the PS4 and what it can do (rightly so!) and they go and show f'ing PC footage for a game and get everyone stoked for it. Knack and Killzone looked stunning during the PS4 reveal and did when they were released, what we see here is Ubisoft not being able to compete graphically with those games and showing PC footage instead. Makes me fear for The Division. If they've been showing PC footage of Watch Dogs, then you can bet your bottom dollar that's what we've been seeing for the The Division too. I'll not lose sleep over Watch Dogs but I'll be very very pissed if the The Division looks $#@! on the PS4 Watch Dogs footage from the PS4 reveal (scroll to 1:46:26)
    Agreed. If youre presenting a game for PS4 during a PS4 conference then show it running on an actual PS4. Not too much to ask.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    Wait, I don't get what's wrong with them saying PC > PS4? It's not a secret...

And they've referred to E3 2013 being the benchmark expected for PS4. And that footage looks more than good. Chill, pills...
    Yeah if it looks like it did at e3 2013 I will have no quarrels with it. I thought it looked impressive.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Yeah if it looks like it did at e3 2013 I will have no quarrels with it. I thought it looked impressive.
    But it wont look like it did at E3 2013.

Forum Sage

Is it the 'Watch Dogs Story' trailer everyone is saying looks like a drop in quality? I thought it still look really good to be fair, might not look second son good but that is expected as that's a game being built up for the PS4 vs one being made for several platforms.

The game still looks really good though. That trailer got me a tad excited. Hope it delivers on the gameplay front.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    It's some gameplay footage that's out too. http://m.everyeye.it/mobile/video/watch-dogs_13243

edit:The light coming from the helicopter is horrible. It makes the car looks really weird.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 03-12-2014 at 20:02.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    People are saying DUh its obvious that PC is... yadyadyada...
    But at this stage in the previous generation (with 3 or so months after the release) there was little between PC and console and some might say that consoles had the edge due to specific optimisation and more to the metal programming.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    Whatever, I'm getting the game and I will enjoy it. I think some people are really making a mountain out of a mole hill. I personally think the game still looks really good.
    I could not agree more. I've always assumed every game will look better on PC and probably run better too. All platforms have their strengths and weaknesses and I like the platform I play on for my own reasons, so I'll just get the version for my platform and enjoy the darned thing. How it looks on PC compared to how it looks on my PS4 wont make one bit of difference to me. If it did I would be a PC gamer in the first place.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    People are saying DUh its obvious that PC is... yadyadyada...
    But at this stage in the previous generation (with 3 or so months after the release) there was little between PC and console and some might say that consoles had the edge due to specific optimisation and more to the metal programming.
    PC tech advanced, Ubi developed and adjusted for that; thus the result (PC > Console)?

What was your point?

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    But it wont look like it did at E3 2013.
    I thought they said it won't look like 2012. But 2013 is the target.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I thought they said it won't look like 2012. But 2013 is the target.
    Maybe that was it. I dont know. lol

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    I was going by what Admartian said. So if he's wrong, all these problems Ubisoft is having with this game, it's all his fault!

12. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Hers how i explain my love of consoles over PC's... its kinda weird, and i know not a lot of people think like this... but personally, as an artist i have an affinity towards Console versus PC.

Basically, PC's do not impress me. Let me explain.

Everyone knows that PC's are leaps and bounds ahead of consoles in the graphics department. So when a developer comes along and makes a great looking game... its expected. You (basically) have unlimited resources to make your game as awesome and amazing as you possibly can. When you have all the resources at your disposal, yeah OBVIOUSLY your game should look spectacular.

Its no longer impressive that PC games are so good looking... rather... its EXPECTED!

Now, with CONSOLES... you are limited to a single general specification... that never increases. Devs cant make games using all the resources that PCs use, so instead they create new techniques and tricks to make their limited resource games look amazing with the tools they have. I have a general idea what games on the PS4 should look like (inFAMOUS: SS) so when devs start making games that look that good and BETTER (in the future, once new techniques are learned) THAT is what impresses me.

So to sum it all up, when i play games, im playing with the constant thought of, "wow, how did the developer do this?" or "How did they get it to look so good on a console!?"

When it comes to watch dogs... the first trailer we ever saw, we were really mislead... we were lead to believe as though it was running on PC spec'd to PS4 specs (impressive) rather than just high spec PC. (not impressive)

But now what were seeing is something lower quality, and just feel lied to (even if they never actually lied to us)

Im SUPER hyped for this game still... dont get me wrong, i cant WAIT to see how they ACTUALLY made the PS4 version look... so ill ultimately hold back any preconceived judgment until then...
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I was going by what Admartian said. So if he's wrong, all these problems Ubisoft is having with this game, it's all his fault!
    Blame it on me.

God knows gamers NEED a bloody scapegoat.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

15. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Sounds good. We'll pin it all on Admartian. lol

Superior Member
    Bearded dude on the left played hands on for 1 hour , he (IGN) claims it looked great fwiw. My pre-order will remain .

Podcast Unlocked

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. Plus Infamous is modeled after real life Seattle.
    I meant hacking pedestrians, hacking the city lights that change traffic, etc... Infamous is more straight forward, not that I'm letting Watch Dogs off the hook. I got Infamous coming in the mail day one.

Thread Information