Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Unaidedhippo5

Million Clone Challenge is very possible

Royce Kronos breaks down the chances of hitting the 1 million clone kills into very realistic numbers. Dudes pretty awesome if I say so myself.

https://forums.dust514.com/default.a...13&find=unread

If you don't feel like clicking the link then here's the breakdown verbatim.

"There has been debate of whether or not we will reach 1 million clones this weekend. (Probably not, but shhh.) So Iím here to hopefully put your fears to rest. (Not really, I just like crunching numbers.) Cool
    This will have some tables and some descriptions. Anyway, without further adieu, here are my estimated statistics.

The 1 Million Clone Challenge: Destroy 1,000,000 clones over the weekend. We will have approximately 70.5 hours to do so, excluding downtime, so for all intent and purposes, I will say 70 hours.

Our total online player base at any time, is on average is 3000, so to average out down time and player rotations, let us say that only ĺ or 2250 of those players are online at all times. To account for restocking, and afk players, we shall assume that only 70% of online players are actively playing consistently. So our active player count is now at 1575.

Before we go into game times an all, let just take a look at the raw data we have.

Clone to destroy: .................................................. ........1,000,000
    Total time (in hours): .................................................. ...70
    Average active player count: .......................................1575

With this alone, if we take the total clone to destroy, divided by the player count, divided by the hours, we get this:

1,000,000 clones / 1575 players / 70 hrs = 9.070 clones per player per hour.

This means that if every active player destroys 9 clones an hour, we should be able to achieve 1 million clones. However, we can extrapolate this data further.

Now since this is all estimations and averages, letís say that an average match requires 10 minutes and depletes 150 clones. Matches that take longer usually deplete more clones, and Ambushís may deplete fewer clones but require less time, also assuming that people will be killing more clones for this event.

The total time of this event, in minutes is 4200 minutes (70 hrs * 60 min/hrs). A total of 420 games (4200 minutes / 10 minutes/game) can be played consecutively throughout the event.
    Each game can have 32 players, so if you take the active players divided by 32, you can estimate the number of games running simultaneously. (1575 players / 32 player per match = 49.2188 matches)

Clones to destroy: .................................................. ........1,000,000
    Total time (in minutes): .................................................. ..4200
    Possible matches throughout event: ..............................420
    Average active player count: .........................................1575
    Total simultaneous games: ..............................................50
    Estimated clone loss per game: ......................................150

If we have 50 matches running simultaneously 420 times with an average rate of 150 clones destroyed per match, we get 3,150,000.
    With this estimate, we should hit 1 million clones in 22.22 hours or 0915 UTC.
    With those same stats, let say only 100 clones are destroyed per match, our finishing time should be 2020 UTC"- Royce Kronos

PSN: Unaidedhippo5 - Dust514:Ye Be Gods - FFXIV:ARR: Yeshua Insignia

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    I'm contemplating playing again just this weekend for this event. A million SP is hard to pass up, even if I'm not crazy about the game in its current state.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Unaidedhippo5
    Well theres a possibility of 4 million SP in all from the numbers. 1 mill as a reward, if you wait to begin cap on the first day and activate a 3 day omega booster you get that sp bonus, plus theres a bonus for activating said booster on the first day of event as well. So theres 4 million possible SP gain in 3 days. So yeah. Doing that.

Edit: If I read that all correctly.
    Last edited by Unaidedhipo5; 03-12-2014 at 05:32. Reason: Thought bubble.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Unaidedhippo5
    Ok, Im retarded its only like 2.7 million Sp. I went full retard there.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I also went semi retard, it's just shy of 2.4 million for the event. 2 mill reward (if you use omega booster (5000 AUR in the market for 1 week only) and 190,000 x2.

Thread Information