Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat

Phone Upgrade soon, any suggestions?

I can get an upgrade for my phone in 3 days time and I have no idea what to go for, was hoping some of you could offer some suggestions! I currently have an HTC One X and before that I had an iPhone 4, I don't mind what the operating system is, not interested in blackberrys!

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    My wife is upgraded her phone this week from her HTC ONE X to an iPhone 5s. She did look at the Samsung S4 though too, seemed okay.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Ah yeah is the S4 the phablet one yeh?

I haven't looked at the iPhone 5s, I know quite a few people have them and they don't seem to have any issues. I did have a little look at the LG G2

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    I have the LG g2 and love it. Samsung galaxy 5 dropping soon so if you wait you can prob get a 4 for a good price. IPhone I am not a fan of.

on tap a talk on LG g2 and I suck at typing on phones so forgive my typo errors.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Ah yeah is the S4 the phablet one yeh?

I haven't looked at the iPhone 5s, I know quite a few people have them and they don't seem to have any issues. I did have a little look at the LG G2
    The S4 is not known as the phablet. That is the Note series.

I would sit tight and get the Galaxy S5 next month.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    The S4 is not known as the phablet. That is the Note series.

I would sit tight and get the Galaxy S5 next month.
    Ah yeah that's it

Just looked at the specs for the S5, sounds like a beast, especially the processor, camera and wifi capabilities.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Ah yeah that's it

Just looked at the specs for the S5, sounds like a beast, especially the processor, camera and wifi capabilities.
    Ya it's going to be a sweet phone. I am personally waiting till October for the Note 4. I am a phablet guy.

Forum Guru
    Lg g2 here and I like it a lot. Big screen but phone doesn't feel huge to me.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
    Ya it's going to be a sweet phone. I am personally waiting till October for the Note 4. I am a phablet guy.
    I couldn't wait that long haha, you're a more patient man than me!

Quote Originally Posted by R_Mac_1 View Post
    Lg g2 here and I like it a lot. Big screen but phone doesn't feel huge to me.

One of my mates recommended the G2 as well, I'll have to take a look at some reviews

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Xperia z s2 coming soon right? you should check it, my wife using xperia z and it is pretty decent. I don't like samsungs they seem like very fragile to me.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Forum Guru
    One of my mates recommended the G2 as well, I'll have to take a look at some reviews
    Hardware wise it's very strong. Big 1080p screen but small bezel so overall dimensions are manageable. The two biggest complaints I remember from reviews was volume/power buttons being on back (slightly annoying) and the UI (doesn't really bother me, lots of customization).

The battery is big and lasts soooo much longer than my last phone. I'm not sure it's as amazing for me as some people write in reviews but perhaps it's my apps and settings also. The knock on feature is awesome and I use it all the time.

My GPS however had been a bit sluggish at times so I'm going to look into that soon. Hopefully it's just a software thing and will get better with the kitkat update which I'm still waiting on from Verizon.

Another con I guess would be the build. I'm not sure I'd call bad but it is all plastic exterior that attracts fingerprints. Mine also creaks a bit but doesn't bother me much. I've read it doesn't survive drops very well because of the big screen and tiny bezel.

Last edited by R_Mac_1; 03-13-2014 at 20:10.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    Xperia z s2 coming soon right? you should check it, my wife using xperia z and it is pretty decent. I don't like samsungs they seem like very fragile to me.
    Yeah I saw that somewhere, haven't read up on the specs yet!

Quote Originally Posted by R_Mac_1 View Post
    Hardware wise it's very strong. Big 1080p screen but small bezel so overall dimensions are manageable. The two biggest complaints I remember from reviews was volume/power buttons being on back (slightly annoying) and the UI (doesn't really bother me, lots of customization).

The battery is big and lasts soooo much longer than my last phone. I'm not sure it's as amazing for me as some people write in reviews but perhaps it's my apps and settings also. The knock on feature is awesome and I use it all the time.

My GPS however had been a bit sluggish at times so I'm going to look into that soon. Hopefully it's just a software thing and will get better with the kitkat update which I'm still waiting on from Verizon.

Another con I guess would be the build. I'm not sure I'd call bad but it is all plastic exterior that attracts fingerprints. Mine also creaks a bit but doesn't bother me much. I've read it doesn't survive drops very well because of the big screen and tiny bezel.

I watched some videos and reviews for the G2, seems like the phone version of my LG GPad 8.3! I really enjoy using the tablet and the knock knock feature is really useful as well, sometimes I find I tap my phone and realise that it doesn't work on it

Just been looking at the Nokia Lumia 1520 as well and that has really good specs! I did look at some offers where you can get a free Xbox One or up to 250 cash back but they're pretty mediocre phones compared to what you can get now

Apprentice

PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    As someone who works with mobile phones I would suggest waiting for the next gen of phones next month. As a Samsung fan I'm upset that the difference is minimal from the S4 and the body is still basically the same.

The Z2 looks awesome and is probably what I'll get. It'll be interesting to see what HTC announce at the end of the month.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    I would recommend waiting until the new gen of gpu's which will be arriving shortly along with metal bodied units from the like of huewai (?) And oppo. More incoming brands will shake things up nicely...even these are whackin out the high end handsets uhd screens with the 801/805 n $#@! loads of ram. Mostly android but hey..more choice right...

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I have an S4 and I love it tremendously. I moved on from iPhone and haven't looked back. I'd look into the S5 which is coming out here in April I believe.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

16. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Using an s4 myself at the mo. Its on 4.3. Non rooted. All necessary apps disabled..its all good. Does everything and does it well.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    That's the only issue I have. All the $#@!ing bloat ware.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Can't be arses rooting this s4...just disabled as much $#@! as I can..awating the 'upgrade available' jingle anyday now...kitkat alert.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    I have it on my phone. The phone is more responsive now and the notification bar and everything up top is white now. Haven't noticed anything else. The keyboard could be different but I'm not sure. I use Swype.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Yeah..have had iy on my nexus 7 for a few months now...its given it new lease of life..very very responsive and zip system lag..

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    MoneyM07
    I can get an upgrade for my phone in 3 days time and I have no idea what to go for, was hoping some of you could offer some suggestions! I currently have an HTC One X and before that I had an iPhone 4, I don't mind what the operating system is, not interested in blackberrys!
    I'm in the same boat as you man. I'm about to separate from the family plan and upgrade but I want to wait next month so I can get the S5. But at the same time, I'm checking out pros and cons of other phones that people say are good.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Yeah it's hard to decide whether to wait or get one now. I am very tempted by the Nokia Lumia 1520, it's got a 6" full hd screen, 20mp camera, 2.2ghz processor and 3400 mAh battery, I can get the phone free as well.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Yeah it's hard to decide whether to wait or get one now. I am very tempted by the Nokia Lumia 1520, it's got a 6" full hd screen, 20mp camera, 2.2ghz processor and 3400 mAh battery, I can get the phone free as well.

That's a Windows phone right?

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    That's a Windows phone right?
    It is yeah, I hear their app store isn't that great but I don't really use that many apps on phones anyway, just the generic facebook, twitter, instagram and that's about it haha.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Wait for the galaxy S5

or get the xperia z2

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Thread Information