Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    You have to start somewhere. Physical media isn't just gonna go away overnight.
    they didn't start somewhere, they started from the middle...we're too far away from the middle but DD is already under way...they just wanted to reduce the costs now.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    they didn't start somewhere, they started from the middle...we're too far away from the middle but DD is already under way...they just wanted to reduce the costs now.
    The sooner the better. Discs are keeping prices high on games and making the the hardware more expensive. Not to mention, screwing over customers, devs, and publishers.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    The sooner the better. Discs are keeping prices high on games and making the the hardware more expensive. Not to mention, screwing over customers, devs, and publishers.
    Screwing over customers? I think that's a very personal opinion. If MS or Sony or both do away with physical media, many, and I do mean MANY customers will no longer have viable options for gaming. Speed, cap etc.

Do you think the corporations would pass the savings on to the customers? If DD ONLY bevame the norm, console makers would see the oportunity to raise profits. As it stands right now, there's 2 options. Physical or DD and customers don't see why they should pay the same price for both. Take away physical and the playing field is the same for everyone, no one to complain prices should be different.

Cost of developments are going up, not down. We are lucky were still in the 60$ range for games. Once corps go DD only, those upfront costs wont go down. And since there will be no one to complain they should pay less than the others, prices will remain as they are being the more expensive if both solutions because it means more profits.

The only thing I could potentialy agree on is thr cost of hardware but really... Is transfering the cost of a physical media player to a bigger, more expensive HDD to hold all games/media going to really affect the price? I don't think so. 8-10$ spent on one thing rather than the other does not reduce the BOM.

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

4. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post

Thread Information