Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 64
  1. #26
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    If the PS4 is not supply constrained then it will beat the X1 in March - I'm sure. Otherwise X1 might just pip it.
    Sony said awhile back that they expect to be supply constrained until May. At least thats the last that I heard.

  2. #27
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,500
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,512 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    may? ouch.

  3. #28
    Chocolatier to the Stars
    TidalPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Behind you!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Posts
    11,759
    Rep Power
    117
    Points
    15,731 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Sony said awhile back that they expect to be supply constrained until May. At least thats the last that I heard.
    Orly! That does suck. They need to get a wriggle on and sort it out before the Destiny and The Division - mulitplat big hitters will drive console sales and Sony don't want to dip out because they can't meet the demand.

    ​aka Sparc

    Entropy isn't what it used be

  4. #29
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,500
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,512 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    not just that, they're about to get their ass handed to them in april with titanfall bundles.

  5. #30
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    Orly! That does suck. They need to get a wriggle on and sort it out before the Destiny and The Division - mulitplat big hitters will drive console sales and Sony don't want to dip out because they can't meet the demand.
    I agree. This supply constraint is costing them sales.

  6. #31
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,500
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,512 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    probably not as much as it was during holidays that's for sure. since X1 caught up quite well past month, that shows that PS4 demand is probably going to stablize about this much until supply goes up (but probably not by much) or something good comes out.

    my guess is it would have a potential of 350k with good supply or 400-450 with a really good game and good supply.

    will be interesting to see X1 numbers coming next month with the cheap titanfall bundles. i wouldn't be surprised if it goes beyond 450k.

  7. #32
    Elite Member
    K2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,841
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    11,543 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    I expect they'll have a surge in their current countries when they launch in the rest of Europe also.

    Their re- launch of Xb

    Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    ...
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

  8. #33
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,341
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    68,116 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    how dumb is the article?

    "So Sony sold more units, but Xbox One made more money. Expect each company to come out bragging about how they won the month."

    how the $#@! you know how much they made lol. we don't know how much money they really make from these sales. Now, revenues-wise, it's possible they made more but that doesn't mean jack $#@! if you're not making anything once you take out all the costs.

    also, aren't there better bundle deals on X1 right now?

    Microsoft selling Xbox One Titanfall Bundle for $399

    really it's not a clear $100 advantage right now. and yeah, PS4 doesn't really have a hyped game at the moment that would drive sales up. i'm sure SS will sell well but a COD killer definitely would get more hardware sales.
    That deal isn't being offered any more. Tried the promo code and it is invalid. CAG forum reported it dead as well.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  9. #34
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,449
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    15,302 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The last of us has sold more than 6 million copies to date. I know it's not part of npd but $#@! it. This burns the ass of Arther Gies, who said it wasn't going to sell much.

    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/...million-sales/

    Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

  10. #35
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,500
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,512 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    @Chris. wow...that quick? that news was like 22 mins old when i posted it lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    The last of us has sold more than 6 million copies to date. I know it's not part of npd but $#@! it. This burns the ass of Arther Gies, who said it wasn't going to sell much.

    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/...million-sales/
    lol i know same person who said UC3 coming out with other hitters was a bad idea...he wouldn't admit my side of the argument but guess what, it sold more than 6m, more than its previous one i believe.

    also you said "but $#@! it".

  11. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
  12. #36
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,341
    Rep Power
    109
    Points
    68,116 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    @Chris. wow...that quick? that news was like 22 mins old when i posted it lol.
    lol....sounds like a glitch then.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  13. #37
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    17
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    When I went to gamestop yesterday to pick up Rayman Legends, they were selling a titanfall bundle for $499.

  14. #38
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    The last of us has sold more than 6 million copies to date. I know it's not part of npd but $#@! it. This burns the ass of Arther Gies, who said it wasn't going to sell much. http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/...million-sales/
    But...but PlayStation gamers dont buy their exclusives. lol

  15. #39
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,500
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,512 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    but but but....exclusives don't matter at the end of the generation QQ

  16. #40
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,530
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    160,700 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    but but but....exclusives don't matter at the end of the generation QQ
    Looks at PS3 console sales...




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #41
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,500
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,512 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Looks at PS3 console sales...




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    looking at it from face value is where you're wrong.

    it still benefits the console because the longer you support the console (with highly polished content such as exclusives), your console keeps that distinguishable difference, you know, core competency.

    why should i own a 360 when PS3 is going to have a new exciting game come out? because multiplats are already out on both consoles!

    high production content is "definitely" important at all times. unless your console sales just died...and there's no more saving....or it's way past its life cycle (10+ years).

    UC3 got 6m sales, that means those 6m people are going to look at that and decide which console they want moving next-gen.

  18. #42
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,530
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    160,700 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    looking at it from face value is where you're wrong.

    it still benefits the console because the longer you support the console (with highly polished content such as exclusives), your console keeps that distinguishable difference, you know, core competency.

    why should i own a 360 when PS3 is going to have a new exciting game come out? because multiplats are already out on both consoles!

    high production content is "definitely" important at all times. unless your console sales just died...and there's no more saving....or it's way past its life cycle (10+ years).

    UC3 got 6m sales, that means those 6m people are going to look at that and decide which console they want moving next-gen.
    Meh, it still isn't very important in terms of shifting consoles.

    Those 6 million already had their mind made up, short of actually buying the console for TLOU, which would be a small percentage.

  19. #43
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,500
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,512 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Meh, it still isn't very important in terms of shifting consoles.
    It does over the longer period of time.

    Those 6 million already had their mind made up, short of actually buying the console for TLOU, which would be a small percentage.
    yeah, they had their mind made up but just because you have sold your console to the user, does not mean it is ok to continue without much support, you lose consumers that way.

    As a console maker, you need to continue to provide content for your user base, their minds can quickly change if you don't keep them well fed. there are more ways to look at this rather than just one, like i said, you're looking at it from face value.

  20. #44
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,530
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    160,700 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Not a lot of evidence to back that up, xbox 360 should have got slaughtered last gen then.
    There are plenty of ways to loose consumers. Just ask MS.

    Consumers are fickle. Best offer on the table at the time of purchase is far more important.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #45
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,500
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,512 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Not a lot of evidence to back that up, xbox 360 should have got slaughtered last gen then.
    There are plenty of ways to loose consumers. Just ask MS.

    Consumers are fickle. Best offer on the table at the time of purchase is far more important.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lol whatever dude. without kinect, 360 was going down the $#@!ter. that's your evidence right there.

    and PS3 screwed up big time with everything else and that's part of the reason it didn't sell as much as people expected. 360 sold more than expected due to its early success with exclusives/timed, Live infrastructure, controller, price and finally Kinect.

    if you think X1 is going to survive following the same pattern, you are sorely mistaken.

  22. #46
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,530
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    160,700 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I didn't realise the X1 was not surviving?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #47
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,500
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,512 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I didn't realise the X1 was not surviving?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    was i talking about now?

  24. #48
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,530
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    160,700 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    lol whatever dude. without kinect, 360 was going down the $#@!ter. that's your evidence right there.
    Down the $#@!ter?
    57.6 million units sold is down the $#@!ter?
    Nearly double the number of the original Xbox in the same time frame?
    and PS3 screwed up big time with everything else and that's part of the reason it didn't sell as much as people expected. 360 sold more than expected due to its early success with exclusives/timed, Live infrastructure, controller, price and finally Kinect.
    Hmmm, thats was my point was it not, there are a lot more important factors in buying a new console then if your last console gave you a good game last month.
    if you think X1 is going to survive following the same pattern, you are sorely mistaken.
    What pattern?

  25. #49
    Master Sage
    Bitbydeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    14,218
    Rep Power
    130
    Points
    43,093 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Have we reached 6? are we past 6million? We gotta be close to sales being 2:One.
    Reached 6 million on March 2nd.

    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...=1#post6311339

  26. #50
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,929
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    27,888 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Yeah, seriously, this is the Xbox One's signature game and MS is giving it away for free with every new X1 purchase. If that doesn't bump X1's NPD numbers WAY up then something is very wrong.

    This is a critical month for Xbox One.
    so a console that is dearer than its sibling and selling more at this point in its life (in comparison) is facing a critical month?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.