Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    it still benefits the console because the longer you support the console (with highly polished content such as exclusives), your console keeps that distinguishable difference, you know, core competency.

why should i own a 360 when PS3 is going to have a new exciting game come out? because multiplats are already out on both consoles!
    you probably need to ask that of the people who make the 360 the best selling console each month.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    so a console that is dearer than its sibling and selling more at this point in its life (in comparison) is facing a critical month?
    Yeah, I think so. Outselling the 360 doesn't mean anything. MS isn't throwing Titanfall into the box for free so it can outsell the 360. It is all about beating expectations and outselling PS4. Titanfall needs to be THE game that drives sales through the roof. Otherwise, why did MS bother paying to keep it off the PS4? If they don't win this month by a significant margin then there are going to be some serious doubts that X1 can stand up and be a contender in the long run. So yeah....critical month.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Critical indeed, Microsoft spent 400million on sponsoring American NFL for the next 5 years and if Xbox One doesn't pick up soon they will be in a serious pinch.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Critical indeed, Microsoft spent 400million on sponsoring American NFL for the next 5 years and if Xbox One doesn't pick up soon they will be in a serious pinch.
    Lol...they probably already made that much back with that deal. In a serious pitch over 400 million? I doubt that.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Lol...they probably already made that much back with that deal. In a serious pitch over 400 million? I doubt that.
    how?

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    how?
    Through advertising and whatever else come with that deal.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    No way to know how much money they got out of that deal or if they even covered the investment.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    They are paying the NFL for the advertising, the NFL isn't paying Microsoft to advertise. LOL

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Post links or quit ass pulling.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

As of right now, F Destiny.

Forum Sage
    They are paying the NFL for the advertising, the NFL isn't paying Microsoft to advertise. LOL
    Duh, where did I say they were paying MS to advertise? They use each other's products so there is money being exchanged. When you become the official sideline technology for the most profitable league, you are gonna make money. Xbox being the official console of the NFL means every time the nfl advertise you may see Xbox thrown in there somewhere. Ads help sales which bring more money. You think Sony posting playstation all over UEFA league games is doing nothing for them? It is.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Duh, where did I say they were paying MS to advertise? They use each other's products so there is money being exchanged. When you become the official sideline technology for the most profitable league, you are gonna make money. Xbox being the official console of the NFL means every time the nfl advertise you may see Xbox thrown in there somewhere. Ads help sales which bring more money. You think Sony posting playstation all over UEFA league games is doing nothing for them? It is.
    easy, look.

how?
    also, this "using eachothers products," the NFL didn't give Microsoft a dime for surface. The deal was for advertising.

What I'm trying to figure out is how you think the NFL is giving any money to microsoft. They aren't giving them a penny for anything.
    Last edited by Demi_God; 03-15-2014 at 22:50.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Well, well, well...Will you look at here...

Despite Multi-Year MSFT Surface Deal, Nearly All NFL Teams Use iPads As Playbooks, Says Apple

They're giving these tablets away and teams are like "uhn un, no. $#@! that. Give me a ipad"
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 03-15-2014 at 21:32.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

As of right now, F Destiny.

13. Likes Admartian , Demi_God likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Down the $#@!ter?
    57.6 million units sold is down the $#@!ter?
    Nearly double the number of the original Xbox in the same time frame?
    lol bro, you don't understand trend and why it's so important. go back to 2010 and look at how 360 sales were doing. now, i'm not saying that 360 sales were going to be abysmal, i'm saying that the pattern was downwards and once Kinect hit 360, the sales went significantly up.

Hmmm, thats was my point was it not, there are a lot more important factors in buying a new console then if your last console gave you a good game last month.
    there are but you missed my point. Xbox doesn't hold "half" of those advantages anymore but it's my fault that i didn't note that at the end. so moving forward, if they don't work on game development, they have the casuals left that don't care two $#@!s about exclusives necessarily but they do care about price, they do care about social aspects of a console.

now you can argue that casuals make up for most of the game sales and such, COD/GTA and games of that nature make up for most of the market share. but the idea is that these casuals don't stimulate the demand in the beginning and if the demand isn't stimulated, you can't lower the price as fast. this is what happened to Nintendo, they abandoned their core base and then expected them to give a crap when Wii U came around. so it's still stuck at a high price...developers are moving away from it, it's a downward spiral.

of course, Xbox One isn't going to end up that way, no way I'm saying that, but it's definitely going to struggle more than 360 did since there's not much advantage X1 holds anymore this generation, even from a social aspect...actually, PS4 right now is likely more appealing socially due to Twitch/Ustream integration.

what i do believe is that MS does not care much for the core internally, they are trying hard to appease to them right now but they're probably not going to go as hard as they even did with the 360...reason being, their product is more suited for casual and especially non-gamers that Wii U couldn't capture. they don't need the core in the long run but they do right now. one of the reason they're trying to lower the price is because they are basically making it almost a non-brainer for the core that may either be on the edge or already have a PS4.
    What pattern?
    the pattern where MS stops supporting the console mid console cycle and rely on price/services/DLC deals to keep going. that's not going to work because they had a great console last time that was made for gamers and casuals (it had the price advantage, unified online system, high maintenance servers, slightly better multiplats, more FPS-oriented controller, and Halo/Gears and a few other exclusives were very hot titles) to name a few things and now they don't have this advantage, this time it's more for the casual (that are waiting for a $399 price point) and non-gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    you probably need to ask that of the people who make the 360 the best selling console each month.
    oh i'm sorry, you misunderstood, there's a world outside of US and UK. oh and i don't know if you remember but PS3 has sold more in the time frame that it's been out than 360 has. just a little heads up. thanks.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Well, well, well...Will you look at here...

Despite Multi-Year MSFT Surface Deal, Nearly All NFL Teams Use iPads As Playbooks, Says Apple

They're giving these tablets away and teams are like "uhn un, no. $#@! that. Give me a ipad"
    Honestly what did they expect? You're not telling the Hoodie or Jim Harbaugh what to use. $#@! that!

Teams aren't gonna overhaul their current systems just cos MS wants to cosy up to the NFL and make MS devices appear more ubiquitous than they are..

"Ain't nobody got time fo dat!"

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

16. Likes Two4DaMoney , Captncoke49 likes this post

Thread Information