Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Amazon Console Coming?

Amazon's Android console is all but confirmed as leaked pics of a controller surface

Pause and rewind
    Product: Amazon news | Manufacturer: Amazon

by Chris Priestman
    Images of a game controller sporting the Amazon logo have leaked today from adocument published by Brazilian regulatory agency ANATEL.

While we still don't have official confirmation from Amazon on its console-based plans, these pictures do seem to confirm thatAmazon's rumoured Android-powered console is in the works.

As you can see for yourself in the image below, the Amazon controller has offset analogue sticks; a D-pad; and Xbox-style face and shoulder buttons.

At the bottom of the controller, there are also buttons for play/pause, rewind, and fast-forward. Presumably, you would use these to operate services such as Amazon Instant Video and Netflix.

Inside the ANATEL document, it's revealed that the Amazon controller is Bluetooth enabled and runs on two AA batteries. There is also a hardware battery indicator.

The controller was reportedly certified in November 2013. It's suggested in the ANATEL document that Amazon's console will run a forked version of the Android OS, just like the firm's Kindle tablets.

In a report in February, Amazon partners suggested that the giant online retailer may roll out its console in March 2014.

Polygon
    http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Andro...ws.asp?c=58171

Guess there was something to that Double Helix purchase. You guys think this could be an actually console or just something like Ouya? I think the controller is kind of generic besides the video playback buttons. Those are pretty cool. If this turns out to be a full fledged console I will start to get pretty excited. Problem is, this will likely be a DD only console. So that would be a no buy for me.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I see buttons that came from all 3 of the new consoles in that controller.

Apprentice
    It looks so amazing

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Doomed like all the other Android 'consoles'

Veteran
    That controller is fugly but looks very functional.

This is good news for gamers. While android games are relatively limited and cheap, to have the ability to easily play them on the big screen would be cool. I think this will help push forward the gaming industry by forcing developers/publishers to release new games on consoles/PCs that are distinctly better than the app games (and maybe even drop the standard $60 price point to $30-$40). More competition in the industry is good.

Super Elite
    I do not think it will do as well as the One or PS4.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Thread Information