Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

[PSU] Equipment changes and stealth cloaking info coming in Uprising 1.8

Check it out! http://www.psu.com/a022781/Stealth-c...sing-18?page=1

I'll be speccing into Gallente and Caldari Scout on THE GREY CARDINAL and Minmatar on COVERT SUBTERFUGE. Amarr scouts are for coffee runs at the Matari barracks.

DUST 514 Reporter
    PSN ID
    Greenears514
    I'm going level 5 in all scouts
    because you know 39 million sp
    plus 3 million from the event

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Haha I am confused as to how people manage to be around 40 million SP. I mean I maybe missed 1.5 million from missing cap now and then...maybe more, but I'm on 34 million. Did you have heaps of omegas or something? Or just play a lot after cap?

I saw a dude on the forum who has 45 million SP...

I'm keeping Gal logi too for the ewar.

DUST 514 Reporter
    PSN ID
    Greenears514
    I do use omegas

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Unaidedhippo5
    Hey! This 1.8 is great and all but why implement new $#@! when they cant even balance the damn game? I'm done for the next week with this piece of unplayable $#@!. i'm gonna wait a whole week after 1.8 as well and see how even more broken this "Work in progress" is. Maybe they will balance a few things and fix the dumbass match making, and dont even say the words "smart Deploy" to me or ill break your damn fingers for typing it. I've been on the losing team 13 matches in a row tonight.. Yeah $#@! that.

Needless to say, dont look for me for 2 weeks. May not be back after that either.

PSN: Unaidedhippo5 - Dust514:Ye Be Gods - FFXIV:ARR: Yeshua Insignia

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaidedhipo5 View Post
    Hey! This 1.8 is great and all but why implement new $#@! when they cant even balance the damn game? I'm done for the next week with this piece of unplayable $#@!. i'm gonna wait a whole week after 1.8 as well and see how even more broken this "Work in progress" is. Maybe they will balance a few things and fix the dumbass match making, and dont even say the words "smart Deploy" to me or ill break your damn fingers for typing it. I've been on the losing team 13 matches in a row tonight.. Yeah $#@! that.

Needless to say, dont look for me for 2 weeks. May not be back after that either.
    Dude, true and proper balance will only come when all the content is in the game. The process of DUST's development is going to be:

patchwork balancing
    add more content
    rinse repeat

You can't have a perfectly balanced game until you know all the variables and have seen them in action. We now have all dropsuits and are missing just one role and the weapons are filling out too with racial parity in rifles and pistols. I think you'd do well with a bit of time out, take a break, don't burn yourself out further.

Also, it's going to be rough with your fledgling merc especially if you are going slayer. From the game function whose name shall not be spoken I'm assuming you were playing ambush? Or was that a dozen FW? Who cares if you lose pubs, just the SP and ISK mang! Understandable if it was FW.

DUST 514 Reporter
    PSN ID
    Greenears514
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaidedhipo5 View Post

1.8 also has a big balance pass

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Unaidedhippo5
    If theres balance, then all is well. I've started before that I know Dust is a work in progress. CCPs ability to be inconsistent on any issue of balance is what baffles me. The only thing they are consistant on is favoring any and all Caldari/ Ammar suits, wepons, bonus' for each in staggering proportion. Ive thouroughly read the patch notes, watched several peoples youtube videos about their thoughts about 1.8 and the fact that its probably the last "Uprising" patch (thank god). So odds are i will continue the game but with much more disgression than before. Also I wont be playing "as much" as to not get indulged into it.

This pretty much sums up my idea of what CCPs thought process is for Dust514 at the moment. http://www.haneke.net/

PSN: Unaidedhippo5 - Dust514:Ye Be Gods - FFXIV:ARR: Yeshua Insignia

PSN ID
    Ranthop
    Can I just say, I'm ready for 1.8 to be released already. You guys can have your fancy cloaking scouts, I want my sentinels! After months of getting killed by them I can finally be them. I spec'd into minmatar logistics and scouts before, but now I want own the battlefield with a heavy machine gun. While my other character will be running gallente assault dropships and sentinels. The Power!!!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Man I'm super excited for this. I've had a good weekend playing FW for cap. I reached Min FW rank 7 with 19% to wards 8. I now have 50 of every Minmatar dropsuit, weapon and equipment in the LP store (I'm getting modules next). I also specced into level 5 biotics finally and holy moly, kinetic catalysers are amazing on my Minmatar scout. I go so fast now, especially with my knives out. Got cardiac regulators to 3 as well which is going to give me SICK stamina regen come 1.8. Got my 3 current weapons to advanced level too.

COVERT's on 9.2 million now, he's really coming along; another 2 months and he'll have all relevant dropsuit core upgrade skills maxed, then it's onto maxing NK, CR and SMG.

GREY's ready to transform into the electronic warfare god I always envisioned him as. Gallente & Caldari scout for their ewar prowess and Gal logi to scan them. I specced balls deep into shotgun with proficiency and reload 5 and will get the Magsec and NK along with cloak.

It's an awesome milestone to finally get racial parity in suits and to a lesser extent to pistols. Can't wait to see what 1.9 brings at Fanfest (fingers crossed I'm going).

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    I figured out what is wrong with dust

CCP need to recode the UE and work extensively on the animation/collision systems. Even more-so that the UE does not like to run on the CellBE.
    CCP say they're CPU limited. that's baloney. if they wrote their own code to make use of the SPU's on the CellBE Dust would, if anything, run silky smooth at 30fps. Hell, they could (and probably should) dedicate 1-2 SPU's exclusively to calculating their wonky ass collision system.....insurmountable kerbs anyone

But you know what i don't get? The UE looks for architecture seen in PS4. High bandwidth, high memory. So it boggles the mind why CCP management, wouldn't target that as the base console to work on. it would give them nice overhead to experiment with testing their code (seeing as they're new to this) and being originally coded for an inferior system, the game would naturally benefit from the increased tech specs. Meaning a much better running game, resulting in much better community feedback, which would better focus their priorities which would further the game development still....hell if they're struggling with coding the Cell, the x86 architecture in modern consoles should sound very enticing.

From my ~2 weeks back, the one thing that gets me annoyed is just moving around, the game feel clunky. the shooting is a bit wayward, but that can be reigned in later. it fits the cause for the time being. but the general movement from A to B needs to be worked on. (collision, animation stuff from above).

You wanna know what i think? CCP may be eyeing a transition to the XB1. i know i rage on the cloud, but for the game CCP want to build, PvE, Mass number of players per map. The azure network fits their description quite well....not for rendering. that cloud rendering $#@! is bat$#@! loopy yo! but for the huge amount of background stuff CCP requires to run Dust, it makes for a very tempting console.

Alex, if you get to interview any CCP Dev, try and get them to release something/anything regarding next gen! xD
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Hey! I'll see what I can learn if I go to FF. However I think the answer will be the same as always: "right now we are laser focused on PS3."

I actually think that they've been working on PS4 version for a long time and simply haven't said anything because it would potentially stop people from playing the PS3 version until it comes and naturally CCP want people playing the game and using AUR.

What would you say if they announced that DUST was moving to UE4?

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Hey! I'll see what I can learn if I go to FF. However I think the answer will be the same as always: "right now we are laser focused on PS3."

I actually think that they've been working on PS4 version for a long time and simply haven't said anything because it would potentially stop people from playing the PS3 version until it comes and naturally CCP want people playing the game and using AUR.

What would you say if they announced that DUST was moving to UE4?
    Yeah, given they missed their monthly update, it's possible CCP are moving devs away from the PS3 dev team, and putting them to work on the PS4 team...At least (for CCP managements credibility) i hope that's what they're doing

If Dust announced UE4 as it's base engine.....i might die. you might hear my giddy screams from Austria!

Thief was just another example of good premise borked by the engines piss poor technical standing. In an age where engines are very contextualised and automatic, having the player hit a button to initiate a locked animation just screams of weaksauce.

I actually can't wait to see Dust at 1080p30/60. CCP have very skilled artists, and the stuff they put out is damned pretty:

You know what would be cool? (just a random idea i had) If Corps where able to craft their own, Tier 1 Dropsuits and weapons and tint them with their personalised colours. The base would be blueprints handed out to corp members to allow them to represent all the time.
    Additionally, the procurement of materials needed would be commissioned to EVE miners (i think they're called?) who would then go out into EVE and attempt to find the bits we need. We'd pay them with equipment for their ship, an entire ship itself, or ISK. Those would be accumulated by corps by holding points in PC, with directors and such choosing where to best place their planets resources (build a new ship for a pilot, or build more clones?)
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Thread Information