PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Does any game use the Vitas "Second Screen" option?

Find it rather annoying.. I was under the impression before i bought it that this option was used. (Especially with AC4, but that seems to not be the case)

So are ANY games using the Second Screen option? (Note; NOT the remote play option)

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Nope. I haven't tried, but from the get-go I disliked the concept of a second screen. It may work ok on Wii U where it is already in your hands, but when I think about a second screen when I'm sitting on the couch playing a video game.....where do I put the second screen? On the coffee table? End table? My lap? And why? When I'm playing a game, I don't want to have to look anywhere else but my screen. having to look away and something else cuts into the game immersion. For what? A screen that I should be able to bring up easily on my "first screen" with a touch of a button on my gamepad? No....I just don't get it. I'll probably try it at some point, but I just think the entire concept is flawed.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Only thing I want it for is the map. Like in Assassin's Creed when your looking for the collectibles and that. Shame there is no way to easily browse the map and walk around at the same time.. lol

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    FarCry4DragonAge3DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Oh.....and I haven't seen any game advertising that it uses the second screen. If we do, it will more than likely be a first party game.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    The 2nd screen worked great for Sly 4 on the PS3. I would like to see more games use the 2nd screen for another player to participate in the game.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Unfortunately the Vita hasn't been supported as much for second screen compared to to the iPad/Tablets. The likes of Need For Speed Rivals and Battlefield 4 have really good integration on the iPad/Tablet. On NFS for example I had the 2nd screen setup on my iPad in front of me. It displayed the complete map and tracked your cars movement as well as other people playing online so you could see in the near area around you where road blocks were setup etc so you could take an upcoming turn without looking at the mini map in game. Worked really well.

There was also 'Overwatch' mode for the iPad/Tabs where the user in overwatch could either help or hinder in game racers. For example during overwatch you could regenerate a users nitrous if they were in a pursuit or call in more police against them. If you used overwatch while on the go you would unlock additional content for when you got back to your console game.

Commander mode in BF4 is brilliant too. I've read Watch dogs will be utilising the second screen function too for iPads/Tablets allowing you to 'hack' things but none of them seem to support the vita in this mode which is a shame.

Them 2 examples work really well and it is a disappointment IMO that the Vita doesn't get some of this support.
    Last edited by GazzaGSi; 03-16-2014 at 23:37.

Forum Elder
    Yes. Sony needs to get the companies to put out companion apps for their respective games.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information