Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    I'm having so much fun with my PS3. It's nearly on 24 hours a day since I've bought it. So much gaming goodness and games are CHEAP now for it. PS+ is literally the best thing going in gaming right now too. All those awesome sales and free games...glad I got the 320gb model. Other than BF4 that will steal my time tomorrow when Naval Strike comes out, my PS3 is gonna be my workhorse until the PS4 library expands.

2. Likes Malt likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    As long as BD 3d and BD movies keep coming out, my ps3 is going nowhere. As a game console, i still expect sony to support it for few more years.
    Exactly! I use my PS3 for MP4's, and 3D movies all the time. Once the PS4 supports this, my PS3 will probably be officially retired.

4. Likes Malt likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    Right now my ps3 has longevity due to my game library backlog. But thats it unless more games release that I want.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    Just ordered Splinter Cell Blacklist

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Mr PS3 is still the go to device for media playback and sharing. With the DLNA functions its got it would be stupid to retire it until the PS4 can do all it can.

Quote Originally Posted by N0REGARD4LIFE View Post
    I'm having so much fun with my PS3. It's nearly on 24 hours a day since I've bought it. So much gaming goodness and games are CHEAP now for it. PS+ is literally the best thing going in gaming right now too. All those awesome sales and free games...glad I got the 320gb model. Other than BF4 that will steal my time tomorrow when Naval Strike comes out, my PS3 is gonna be my workhorse until the PS4 library expands.
    I was going to say about not forgetting the PS+ games on the ps3, some proper good games coming out on there lately.
    Last edited by Malt; 03-26-2014 at 22:52.

Doesn't look good bro

PSN ID
    Captobvious75

How much life left in the PS3?

Borderlands 1.5 if you don't have a 360

Edit: apologies for old thread bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Power Member
    Plenty of life for me. Still got a mega truck ton of games.

Halfway through Casltevania LoS, then on to the sequel. Have GoW Ascension on it's way along with Batman Arkham Origins. Bioshock 1 and 2 I picked up in the Xmas sale are still sitting there to play.

Would love a co-op run through of Deadspace 3 but can't find anyone to play with.

Started The Last of Us, need to finish it, want to get Beyond Two Souls as well.

So probably at least still a good year of PS3 usage for me. And I have a PS4, plenty of gaming ahead.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Just bought a PS3 again after selling it originally for PS4. Was kicking myself every month when the PS+ games for '3 were being announced. Downloaded Grid 2, PES2014, Bioshock Infinite, Metro amongst afew others and can't wait to get stuck in
    Nothing for me on PS4 until watch dogs drops so have a month to kill. Will still have the occasional round of BF4 and KZ but may as well make the most of the PS+ freebies!

Got a super slim 500gb for Ģ90 so can't complain at that at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    I bought la noire, red dead redemption, god of war 3, crysis 2, dead space, and the journey/flower/flow collection at gamestop for $50 on sale. Uh....plenty of life left in my phat ps3.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

PSN ID
    chev327flatout
    PS3 has a few years easy still in it. I have a HUGE backlog of games from PS+ I still need to play, and not to mention some of my favorite games I may want to re-visit.

Also until PS4 gets in line with media servers it is the only way I can stream my videos to my TV.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Mine died about 2 years ago.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I was to retire the PS3 as soon the PS4 came out but PS+ just won't let me.

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Forum Overseer
    it's funny because i'm playing more PS3 games now than PS4 ones. lately there have been tons of digital sales. i have about 10 games from sales (that i bought for a total of less than $20) and i have tons of PS+ games. i don't know if i will need to buy another game for the PS4 for another year. no joke. cause the next game i'm waiting for on the PS4 is Planet Side 2 which is free to play. i can't think of anything else i really want. i have BF4 that i play quite often too.

basically i'm in gaming heaven right now, i feel like hugh hefner. *****es everywhere.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    it's funny because i'm playing more PS3 games now than PS4 ones. lately there have been tons of digital sales. i have about 10 games from sales (that i bought for a total of less than $20) and i have tons of PS+ games. i don't know if i will need to buy another game for the PS4 for another year. no joke. cause the next game i'm waiting for on the PS4 is Planet Side 2 which is free to play. i can't think of anything else i really want. i have BF4 that i play quite often too.

basically i'm in gaming heaven right now, i feel like hugh hefner. *****es everywhere.
    lol.....between PS+, PSN sales, and Gamestop sales....yeah, I have a ton of games that I haven't even fired up yet.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

18. Likes Omar likes this post
    The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    About 3 lives.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

PSN ID
    Ajax_Minjer
    Basically, there is no life in it so maybe it is better if you can experience with a lot of great games of your mates or something?

That could help.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Minjer View Post
    Basically, there is no life in it so maybe it is better if you can experience with a lot of great games of your mates or something?

That could help.
    i politely disagree with you because there are tons of games you can play on the PS3 right now, which i am while there are barely any good games on the PS4, in relative terms.

maybe in 6 months to a year, it may get better content but right now, there is plenty of life and heck, a year ain't going to change much for the PS4...there's just too many games to play on the PS3 at the moment.

of course all of this is relevant to what the person wants. if they want next-gen, then duh, who cares about the PS3 games. but if you don't mind last-gen graphics and gameplay then hell, it's the best thing right now.

i only play BF4 on my PS4 at the moment, i don't find anything else interesting (except some of the indies). whereas i have some kickass games still to play on the PS3 and more that come out with PS+ every month. I will be busy for quite some time.

by the time i'm tired and done with my PS3, i'll have plenty of games waiting for me on the PS4. i would defo not discount PS3 yet. it is a powerful console in terms of game selection and quality of those games.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Minjer View Post

That could help.
    Because multiplayer is everything, right?

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Not phased about next gen for a while still happy as hell playing ps2 &3 games.
    Playing - Tales of Xillia 2 and Atelier Escha & Logy.
    Awaiting - Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Ys
    Next, Tales of Zestiria, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5

As far as price goes, now is a good time to buy a PS3. They won't drop that much further and if you want a used one people are selling plenty of them.

I only bought the PS3 last year and I spent a ton of time with it. There's a great library of games already on the system. They will probably keep cranking out multiplatform games for a while because they will still get a ton of sales.
    Watch my PS4 Lets Plays! www.youtube.com/skilledjerk

There seems like there's a lot of games left for it. I'm going to keep mine for a long time because of the media capabilities.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    To many for my personal taste. I want full PS4 now !!! But damn to many good games on PS3 still to be played. And with the fantastic PS+ months itīs really hard not to go back sometimes. Like this month i playing Puppeteer for free and itīs a lovely game that i would miss out otherwise.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by SkilledJerk View Post
    As far as price goes, now is a good time to buy a PS3. They won't drop that much further and if you want a used one people are selling plenty of them.
    Actually it's pretty likely a new revision is on the way with a drop to $150 or something, 12GB are apparently sold out in most places for preparation. I'd hold out if anyone is wanting one soon.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Forum Overseer
    a PS3 at $150? wow...it would do wonders.

Thread Information