Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    PS3 isn't doing too badly sales wise so it doesn't need a drop but it's been a long time since the last drop. With PS Now using smaller PS3 chips a new revision will be here soon so I'm guessing E3.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Master Guru
    Enough life to heat my basement in the Winter.

Just kidding of course. The PS3 is still going strong. I just don't play mine anymore.

Get a used PS3 for cheap man. Im waiting another year to get the PS4 due to the amazing back log of games that are now super cheap second hand..

Ultimate Veteran
    Ps3 has lots of games so find one used.

Electronic Arts has said it would support the playstation3 with new games until at least 2017. Granted most of those will be sports games, however they'll still be new games, and there's still games in the pipeline. I wouldn't worry too much. There's 80 million PS3 users out there, and nobody is going to suddenly pull the plug tomorrow or even a year from now.
    Last edited by giovannamcmullin416; 08-02-2014 at 19:17.

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Still got Destiny,Persona 5 and a couple of Tales of games.More games are still releasing and free online play so PS3 going to be here for quite a while and PS4 mainly just ports of old games until next year.
    Playing - Legend of Heroes:Trails Of The Sky (Steam)
    Awaiting - Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Ys
    Next, Tales of Zestiria, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5

Banned
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    I'm playing Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - AAA+ classic! A huge, roller coaster of a game in 20 sizzling chapters. A searing indictment of domestic servitude in the culinary world, with some hot gypsies thrown in.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

I think for answer to this question we have to know how much life left in the psone after the first saled ps2 , and ps2 after ps3

__________________________________________________ __
    iphone 5s prix galaxy note 3 réduction
    Last edited by julo90; 08-10-2014 at 20:54.

Apprentice
    PS3 got so many games, I just got Farcry3 pretty good game..
    I love my headphones..

PSN ID
    OneBeardedNerd
    I've probably bought more PS3 games in the last few months than I did in the last year before the PS4 hit. Loads of games I never got round to playing before are now cheap as chips thanks to the new gen. So for me, the PS3 has a hell of a lot of longevity left in it, even with me having stuff to play on my PS4 too.

As for how long Sony will continue to support it; I imagine that will be as long as it's commercially viable. I'm gonna guess it'll still get releases and updates til at least 2017. Will probably start to be phased out not long after that.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by OneBeardedNerd View Post
    I've probably bought more PS3 games in the last few months than I did in the last year before the PS4 hit. Loads of games I never got round to playing before are now cheap as chips thanks to the new gen. So for me, the PS3 has a hell of a lot of longevity left in it, even with me having stuff to play on my PS4 too.

As for how long Sony will continue to support it; I imagine that will be as long as it's commercially viable. I'm gonna guess it'll still get releases and updates til at least 2017. Will probably start to be phased out not long after that.
    exactly where i am. i'm not even touching my PS4 anymore. i think with the PSN and PS+, Sony can drag PS3 out very long...probably much longer than the PS2. and they can always strip the PS3 down even more to reduce the costs even more. i heard some PS3s are going for $100 (with 12GB).

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    exactly where i am. i'm not even touching my PS4 anymore. i think with the PSN and PS+, Sony can drag PS3 out very long...probably much longer than the PS2. and they can always strip the PS3 down even more to reduce the costs even more. i heard some PS3s are going for $100 (with 12GB).
    I know where you come from. I've probably bought well over 6 ps3 games thus far this year. But I'm sure if you really gave indies on PS4 a chance, you'd atleast double your playtime.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Thread Information