Selected Members Council

PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim

Watch Dogs will last average player 35-40 hours

From the front page:

Watch Dogs will last the average gamer around 35-40 hours, according to the game’s Creative Director, Jonathan Morin.

Morin added on Twitter (via EuroGamer) that the open world action-adventure can take up to 100 hours to complete if one wishes to uncover everything it has to offer, however.

Elsewhere, developer Ubisoft Montreal has been confirmed to have added additional content over the course of the game’s delay, according to the Australian Classifications Board (via Kotaku).

Watch Dog was previously due to ship alongside PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in November 2013, but was pushed back until May 27. Up until now, it was believed the game was merely undergoing an extra coast of spit and polish.

The hacking title will also include examples of sexual violence, hence why it has been slapped with an R18+ rating Down Under.

Ubisoft commented: "The entire development team has been working hard to polish and fine tune Watch Dogs in order to deliver a truly memorable open world game. In parallel, the extra time also allowed the team to include a bit of additional content.

"As per Australian classification guidelines, Ubisoft resubmitted the updated version with the added content to the Australian Classification Board (ACB). The decision to amend the rating of the game from MA15+ to R18+ was made by the ACB."

Can't wait, hopefully will take me as long to complete and get all trophies in this as it has in AC4
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Meh assassins creed reskinned, hopefully it'll be more like assassins creed 2 than 1

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Elite Sage

Really looking forward to this. IF it is as good as the previews have led me to believe it should be a GoTY contender

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Forum Sage
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Coolio. Will probably get more than that out of it myself.

[Edit] That estimate does include some non mission play.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ish-watch-dogs
    Last edited by darky89; 03-17-2014 at 16:31.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Apprentice
    I'm especially looking forward to the hacking and the bigger-than-GTA5 maps. I'll be taking my time with it and it will probably take me the full 100 hours or so to complete it. Pretty stoked about this title!!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Sounds interesting and i am up for playing for that long... But hoping past that you still have playing time after the story
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Sounds interesting and i am up for playing for that long... But hoping past that you still have playing time after the story
    By the way the video I watched looked & sounded, there will always be crimes occurring that you can be a vigilante to stop.

PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Meh assassins creed reskinned, hopefully it'll be more like assassins creed 2 than 1

While the parkour is likely straight out of AC, and perhaps even the combat though I'm not sure...the ability to manipulate all of your surroundings from a cellphone is a huge deal and really sets itself out of that 'reskin' description you are slapping on it.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    While the parkour is likely straight out of AC, and perhaps even the combat though I'm not sure...the ability to manipulate all of your surroundings from a cellphone is a huge deal and really sets itself out of that 'reskin' description you are slapping on it.
    I think the concern is that Watch Dogs will follow the same overall gameplay template. Ubisoft open-world games tend to have about 4 or 5 different types of side-quests that are just multiplied throughout the world.

They start out being a lot of fun, but usually end up feeling repetitive. But then again, that's the reason Ubisoft delayed the game. So hopefully Watch Dogs stays fresh throughout.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I think the concern is that Watch Dogs will follow the same overall gameplay template. Ubisoft open-world games tend to have about 4 or 5 different types of side-quests that are just multiplied throughout the world.

They start out being a lot of fun, but usually end up feeling repetitive. But then again, that's the reason Ubisoft delayed the game. So hopefully Watch Dogs stays fresh throughout.

Wibbly Wobbly
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    The "average player" thinks this is a PS1 game. Doubt they'd play it.
    Be Together - Not the same.

PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post

Well the formula must work or all their games wouldn't sell. I personally enjoy Farcry and AC. Both have quite a few similarities. It's more than apparent that Watch Dogs will share some of them. I still intend on buying/playing it...tho it remains to be seen if I'll like it or not.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Wd-hacking an access point to reveal an area of the map.
    Ac-eagle eye, going to the tallest point on the map and jumping off.
    -also used in farcry

Recycled and scripted side mission, stalking npc.

Using cell to manipulate the environment is the same as using stealth to blend in in the ac games.

People will get tired of it if they keep re skinning there titles. I'll find an article that pointed that out

PSU Live Streamer
    Thanks, but I don't need the article of some guy telling me what you just told me as "proof" of an opinion.

I'm not just talking about hacking the map access point. I'm talking about hacking everything. Surveillance, vehicles, cellular, security systems, etc.

That is not comparable to their previous games.

To each their own man. Multiple Farcry and AC titles played to date, and I still enjoy going back for more. For me, the formula works. I enjoy a good open world game that gives me freedoms that other games don't.
    Last edited by shepard; 03-17-2014 at 21:48.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonViking View Post
    By the way the video I watched looked & sounded, there will always be crimes occurring that you can be a vigilante to stop.

But that will become boring and the same loop over and over again... I just hope that is not soo
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    And this is the reason why I've been patiently waiting for it. No games that I have been interested in have been that long.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Apprentice

Well the formula must work or all their games wouldn't sell. I personally enjoy Farcry and AC. Both have quite a few similarities. It's more than apparent that Watch Dogs will share some of them. I still intend on buying/playing it...tho it remains to be seen if I'll like it or not.
    yeh Far Cry 3 had sick maps.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    And this is the reason why I've been patiently waiting for it. No games that I have been interested in have been that long.
    This will be the game I get when I go to purchase my PS4. The length of the game is a major turn-on for me.

Apprentice

Up to 100 hours WOW. That's a huge turn on for me as well.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style
    If the game looks like what has been shown as the downgrade.....the game will be on average 9 hours for me....b/c I won't be buying it.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    If the game looks like what has been shown as the downgrade.....the game will be on average 9 hours for me....b/c I won't be buying it.

Ummm okay......

Thread Information