Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style

MGS:V - Ground Zeroes Installs in About 20 Seconds, ~4gb Size

How quickly does MGS V Ground Zeroes install on the PS4?

Source:http://talkingaboutgames.com/2014/03...-install-time/

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    Game is not worth $30 for a 1 hour of gameplay. Rip off.

Forum Elder
    Love that feature on ps4. I was reading about that game and they said it had a 27gb install and I thought, so what I'll be playing it instantly.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Doesn't take long then, a bit like the game to complete
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Quote Originally Posted by SkarEffect View Post
    Game is not worth $30 for a 1 hour of gameplay. Rip off.
    While I agree, I am just foaming at the mouth for something new to play on my PS4 that is not an indie title.
    This will hopefully keep me busy until Friday when Infamous some out.
    Last edited by TEST SUBJECT 83; 03-17-2014 at 18:10.

Forum Overseer

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Installs in 20 seconds, finished in another 20.

in all seriousness, there's no way possible that they can install it in 20 seconds but it is likely the technique they use where they are loading up partial data to get you going and then install it while you play the rest.

7. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 likes this post
    Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Seriously - don't buy this game. You'll set a dangerous precedent of people paying 30(!) to play something that is less than many DLCs in duration and value. They will only listen if you don't purchase the game. Don't make a rod for your own backs.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Forum Elder
    First up is the elephant in the room and that is how long it will take players to finish playing Ground Zeroes. Most people heard it will take under two hours to play the game, but in reality that is only the length it seems to take most players to beat the main Ground Zeroes mission. There are four side ops and an exclusive mission on each console. While play time will vary for most players the average time it takes to play through all of these missions is around 6-8 hours your first playthrough.

Just to give that a bit of a comparison to previous Metal Gear games, it takes around the same time to complete Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Rising your first playthrough as well. While some people may have had an issue with both of these game's lengths they were both full price games and the counter argument for them was that each game had multiple reasons to replay them over again. Whether it be on a new difficulty setting, to find all collectibles/secrets, or in Ground Zeroes case to try to complete a mission in a completely new way. Ground Zeroes has all of these reasons and more with it's brand new take on open mission structure design. This gives players hundreds of different methods to completing the same objective, so that replaying a mission won't feel like your doing the same thing you did last time.

Online leaderboards and speedrunning through the game's missions are also a new aspect for the Metal Gear Solid games. In fact Kojima Production's staff members have even been able to complete the main mission in around 5 minutes. That should show just how flexible the amount of time you spend with this game is. Also with the side ops you will unlock tons of extras such as cassette tapes for you to learn more back story in the Metal Gear Solid V story. So if you go into Ground Zeroes wanting to see everything the game has to offer than you easily have 12+ hours of content ahead of you.

The next issue many players have had with the game is that they think of it as more of a demo for The Phantom Pain. When in reality Ground Zeroes is a prologue setting up the story for The Phantom Pain. This mission has not been confirmed to appear in The Phantom Pain and even if a version of it will be, the release date for The Phantom Pain is currently slated for Q4 2015 and Q1 2016. At least with Ground Zeroes players will have a way to whet their appetite with the game's release so far off. In case anyone is wondering why The Phantom Pain is going to take so long that is because Kojima has said that the game will be "hundreds" of times bigger than Ground Zeroes.

That leads us to our next issue people have been having with Ground Zeroes and that is it's map size. When you look at a map of Camp Omega it doesn't seem that large, but what makes it interesting is just how many different places their are to see. Camp Omega is more than just a prison camp, it has indoor environments to explore, and even the roads around the military base that are quite extensive. A game wouldn't be able to give the player so much freedom as in Ground Zeroes if it were as small as some people are thinking and what it lacks in size it makes up for in the amount of detail in every area of the world.

Lastly, I will use this last section to just talk about some of the missing or different mechanics fans of the series are use to and why they have changed for Ground Zeroes. The biggest omissions from Ground Zeroes are the lack of the cardboard box and rations. This is because of the newer and darker tone Kojima wants to take the series in. This however doesn't mean that they will not be in The Phantom Pain and Kojima has said that he hopes to implement them in a better way when the final game releases.

Smoking Tobacco products such as Big Boss' signature cigar will not be an option while playing the game, but will appear in cutscenes in Ground Zeroes. Not having an option to smoke the cigar is admittedly an odd omission, but so is the fact that you can no longer hide bodies in lockers or bins. The lack of the hiding bodies feature may just come from the lack of lockers in Camp Omega, but that will be hard to tell until the actual game is releases. The final missing piece fans of Peace Walker might miss is going back to Mother Base to build up your forces. While some form of base management will be done on the companion iDroid app, the prisoners you rescue from Camp Omega will have to wait for The Phantom Pain before they aid Big Boss.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    This game should at least be 8-10 hours BEFORE any side missions!

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    Ill check this game out & consider renting it once Phantom Pain comes out.

PSU Live Streamer
    I'm still on track to stream this when I get off work tomorrow. The quality will either be crappy ps4 twitch app quality. Or nice hdmi stream if my hdmi-dvi converter arrives on time. Either way. I'm off work at 3:30pm cst tomorrow. Should be up and streaming around 4pm cst.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Forum Overseer

make sure your quality settings are set to high in stream settings.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    While I agree, I am just foaming at the mouth for something new to play on my PS4 that is not an indie title.
    This will hopefully keep me busy until Friday when Infamous some out.
    I'm pretty stoked about it too.

PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    make sure your quality settings are set to high in stream settings.
    Yup they are. Doesn't make a difference though. Sony throttles the bitrate too low even on high settings.

Forum Elder
    I agree though the game should be a bit longer or at least cheaper.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Overseer

i've seen some of the streams that definitely look better than others. the ones that look the best are definitely more bearable to watch and seem similar to the twitch website on PC.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    Seriously - don't buy this game. You'll set a dangerous precedent of people paying 30(!) to play something that is less than many DLCs in duration and value. They will only listen if you don't purchase the game. Don't make a rod for your own backs.
    What you spend your own time and money on is your own business. You don't need to tell anyone what to do.

PSU Live Streamer
    i've seen some of the streams that definitely look better than others. the ones that look the best are definitely more bearable to watch and seem similar to the twitch website on PC.
    I've used the twitch app quite a few times. I get a decent quality out of it, but due to bitrate constraints it can never be great. I demand great lol

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    I've used the twitch app quite a few times. I get a decent quality out of it, but due to bitrate constraints it can never be great. I demand great lol
    is twitch 1080p? what is the bitrate allowed on the twitch app?

Forum Elder
    I'm fine with 720 but the streamer has options for res before they start. Of course the ps4 is 540 right now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSU Live Streamer
    is twitch 1080p? what is the bitrate allowed on the twitch app?
    You can't pick the resolution in the ps4 app, just video quality.

I can get a better 480p picture out of my ps3 with an elgato than I get with on ps4 on "high" settings.

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    You can't pick the resolution in the ps4 app, just video quality.

I can get a better 480p picture out of my ps3 with an elgato than I get with on ps4 on "high" settings.
    i was under the impression that you were talking about the PC app.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    I love when people get high and mighty about paying the third of the price of a full game for something that is a prologue and only a few hours long, but then they turn around and pay $60+ year in year out for a CoD reskin.

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    I love when people get high and mighty about paying the third of the price of a full game for something that is a prologue and only a few hours long, but then they turn around and pay $60+ year in year out for a CoD reskin.
    they're not reskins. i'd say sports games are reskins but sometimes even they bring new stuff...they are more like expansions though.

COD not only always has newer maps, they always quality and they always bring improved gun mechanics.

i'd say they are a hybrid of expansion/update and a proper sequel. my guess is that they're more worth $40 but the extra $20 is for its popularity, high production value and community.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I'm torn between what Sparc said and playing this game.

Had this game been longer (maybe not as long as a full title, but definitely more) or $15 cheaper, then it would be a no brainer.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Be Together - Not the same.

Thread Information