Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Superior Member

@vaymaster, my question to you, is the PS Vita supported on PS4 at the moment as a second screen? if they both provide different sorts of advantages then i can certainly add them both.
    It has the functionality, but it's currently not used through the Vita, it does have something that can be used through phones though. Something like this can be programmed/developed later since we know that it has the Hardware functionality.

I think that's where threads like this should put a focus on. A plus for the Xbone is the Cable pass through, something that the PS4s cannot do (short of a new sku). It has tobe pointed out for what it is though, since lots of things are going internet based, ABC just started ABC go, which is kinda like HBO go/Showtime Anytime/and EpixHD online, the other networks are following suit. The functionality for these can easily be added either though apps or by having a decent web browser.

The PS4s big plus is the more powerful hardware. While there might not be anything that the PS4 can do that the Xbone can't, the Xbone will have a harder time doing so, if at all, at the same level of quality as the PS4.

The battery issue is strictly preference and shouldn't be listed. I prefer no external batteries, just something else to deal with making sure they're charged and which ones are which. While on the internal battery front the battery will go bad eventually but you could always buy a new internal battery, in many cases a better one. Very easy to replace, just requires a screw driver.

EDIT: updated. wow...this is truly an eye opener. MS are dummies for not marketing their console right. reminds me of Sony with the PS3 lol. there are some awesome features on the X1 and all they could talk about was DRM and no used games? WOW...they deserve all the $#@! they got...when they have so many other better features to talk about first...though it's better they got that over with 'cause if they had not told people about that, would've been more of a disaster...maybe even a lawsuit...
    I'm totally with you on that. It looks as if every risk Sony have taken have paid off, while MS have yet to win a round.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    it's pretty crazy if you think about it because if you combined all the goods from PS4 and all the ones from X1, it would make one ultimate badass console. otherwise PS4 is fairly lacking in a lot of things X1 does even after it scratched a bunch of DRM-relevant features...it just happens so that PS4 is being put under the spotlight where it really shines well above and beyond...

all i gotta say is, well playing mofos. well played. exactly like how MS did with the 360, they had the right stuff...though i don't know if X1 will really catch up...if they had priced it lower...which i don't know how they could've with the kinect 2, it would've easily been more competitive.

kinect is what's dragging them down. they need to forget about *adrevenues* cough cough. and focus on what makes a console good.or keep the price more competitive.

3. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    it's pretty crazy if you think about it because if you combined all the goods from PS4 and all the ones from X1, it would make one ultimate badass console. otherwise PS4 is fairly lacking in a lot of things X1 does even after it scratched a bunch of DRM-relevant features...it just happens so that PS4 is being put under the spotlight where it really shines well above and beyond...

all i gotta say is, well playing mofos. well played. exactly like how MS did with the 360, they had the right stuff...though i don't know if X1 will really catch up...if they had priced it lower...which i don't know how they could've with the kinect 2, it would've easily been more competitive.

kinect is what's dragging them down. they need to forget about *adrevenues* cough cough. and focus on what makes a console good.or keep the price more competitive.
    I still question that MS made the XB1 with US in mind only, and the rest maybe later. I would not be surprised if the next XBox is called "AmeriXbox" or something.

if xb1 had all their ducks (features) worldwide in a row, then we may have been talking a different story. Neither here nor there, but still interesting.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Admartian View Post
    I still question that MS made the XB1 with US in mind only, and the rest maybe later. I would not be surprised if the next XBox is called "AmeriXbox" or something.

if xb1 had all their ducks (features) worldwide in a row, then we may have been talking a different story. Neither here nor there, but still interesting.
    i know what you mean. if their DRM plan had gone through, they were ready to cut out a large user base. but it would've been better cost-wise. think of it like Steam. it's cutting out a lot of people but it's successful and now a big thing because the base eventually grew. and they didn't need to compete with the consoles or retailers.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by VayMasters86 View Post
    I'm totally with you on that. It looks as if every risk Sony have taken have paid off, while MS have yet to win a round.
    Edit: woops, wrong quote
    Last edited by K2D; 03-19-2014 at 19:16.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    Like their "advanced match-making"! That's probably the only feature I envy Xbox1 owners - and MS seems to have completely forgotten about it?? Haven't seen anything of it since before E3?
    Hey, if it forces me into the same game continuously,instead of letting me choose,I'm glad it's not around. Though,I wouldn't call that feature a risk. What I mean by risk is long term options, such as GDDR5, was potentially going to be too expensive when the consoles were being planned, but the prices came down rather quick, that's why MS (their own admission) didn't use it, Sony took the risk and it paid off.

MS having sacrificed overall power for it's cable tv features, the reliance on Kinect, do not seem to have been paying off. So far this gen is looking like on company just got lucky and it's allowing them to sit pretty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    updated. wow...this is truly an eye opener. MS are dummies for not marketing their console right. reminds me of Sony with the PS3 lol. there are some awesome features on the X1 and all they could talk about was DRM and no used games? WOW...they deserve all the $#@! they got...when they have so many other better features to talk about first...though it's better they got that over with 'cause if they had not told people about that, would've been more of a disaster...maybe even a lawsuit...
    Like their "advanced match-making"! That's probably the only feature I envy Xbox1 owners - and MS seems to have completely forgotten about it?? Haven't seen anything of it since before E3?

Last edited by K2D; 03-19-2014 at 19:19.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    @Lethal. could you maybe compile a list of popular apps (if you don't want to do all apps) that X1 has? I was curious about this anyway. does it support all Win 8 apps or ones that are supported by X1? anyone else can dive in and answer this question. thanks.
    lol i get what you mean. well, ok, does X1 also support TV functionality? like a tuner? because i thought it did and i meant to add this to the TV part...so like i don't see it as a separate additional thing but wanted to add as a side-note, happy?
    Will do it tonight. There are a few that I really like.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    + Better Indie Support
    I wouldn't say that at all.
    MS has already announced about 50 indie developers working on self published titles.
    Which is actually 16 more than the last conclusive list I read for the Ps4.
    I imagine that has also expended but I would say this is pretty even now.
    ++ more indie titles from PC are available
    ++ Sony’s policies for indie developers are known to be more laxed.
    +++ free SDK to indie developers for one year
    In fact all that can be thrown out, since MS announced their new policies.

More announced MS Published games
    Should be under the MS list.
    Last edited by mynd; 03-19-2014 at 21:30.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    MS has already announced about 50 indie developers working on self published titles.

the point of this is for us to learn better. so thank you for pointing that out. i can certainly add that for the X1 however any of the + that i'm putting up are advantages that are now and * can still be an advantage but not something that people may not generally concern themselves with...but it might still be good information.

could you go in more details about their new policies? did they throw out the parity clause?

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    the point of this is for us to learn better. so thank you for pointing that out. i can certainly add that for the X1 however any of the + that i'm putting up are advantages that are now and * can still be an advantage but not something that people may not generally concern themselves with...but it might still be good information.

could you go in more details about their new policies? did they throw out the parity clause?
    It's all here:

http://www.xbox.com/en-NZ/developers/id

-ID@Xbox developers get access to two developer kits at no cost, as well as access to all required technical documentation, private forums, free middleware, and more. And there are no fees to submit or update a game on Xbox One.

-Games that come through ID@Xbox have access to the full power of the platform, including: Kinect, Achievements, Gamerscore, Challenges, SmartGlass, Xbox Live, and more. Bottom line: If a game can do it on Xbox One, an ID@Xbox game can do it on Xbox One.

As for parity, its become more flexiable..

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...by-case-basis/

Also I was wrong, there are 65 devlopers signed up...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...dxbox-program/

They also get free access to Unity engine later this year.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...dxbox-members/

13. Likes mistercrow, Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    awesome, i'll add all that, though i'm leaving town tomorrow, so hopefully i get it done before that, otherwise when i come back on tuesday.

Master Sage
    Hey? PS4 has far more indies coming, it is in the hundreds, not sure on the final count but below is a press release stating they have 505 developers working on PS4 games as of last June.

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/news/20130611_01E.pdf

Many of which will be indie.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    Hey? PS4 has far more indies coming, it is in the hundreds, not sure on the final count but below is a press release stating they have 505 developers working on PS4 games as of last June.

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/news/20130611_01E.pdf

Many of which will be indie.
    No doubt, but unless they announce something..meh, MS is touting 200 devs signed up to their indie programme, but only 60 odd titles actually announced.

Forum Overseer
    we will get all that info in for sure. but whoever has more right now should get it as an advantage.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    we will get all that info in for sure. but whoever has more right now should get it as an advantage.
    No one knows for sure, but I can tell you some of the devs touted by Sony are bringing their game to Xbox One (eg. Blow-The Witness).
    DirectX portability is still a compelling reason to port to XBO, its simply going to take less effort for devs to get their game on to the XBO console than the PS4.
    I think ultimately Sony knew this and why they wanted to front foot indie development.
    But the upshot of it is, if ain't signed with Sony, is a game on PC and DirectX already, expect it on XBO as well.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Right...

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    edit:nvm
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 03-20-2014 at 06:56.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Master Sage
    Here's the indie update-

Quote Originally Posted by PS4 has nearly 4x as much indie support as Xbox One
    Sony announced at GDC that over 1,000 indie developers have signed up for self-publishing on PS4. Not all of them are indie developers but a majority of that 1,000 are with over 550 indie games in development for PS4 right now.
    http://gimmegimmegames.com/2014/03/p...port-xbox-one/

22. Likes Omar likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    550 vs 200 "4 times"...he he he

Maybe 2.5 times.
    Last edited by mynd; 03-21-2014 at 01:57.

Forum Sage
    No one knows for sure, but I can tell you some of the devs touted by Sony are bringing their game to Xbox One (eg. Blow-The Witness).
    DirectX portability is still a compelling reason to port to XBO, its simply going to take less effort for devs to get their game on to the XBO console than the PS4.
    I think ultimately Sony knew this and why they wanted to front foot indie development.
    But the upshot of it is, if ain't signed with Sony, is a game on PC and DirectX already, expect it on XBO as well.
    The Witness was always a timed-exclusive for the PS4. No one (other than you it seems) was under the illusion that it was going to stay on the PS4.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    The Witness was always a timed-exclusive for the PS4. No one (other than you it seems) was under the illusion that it was going to stay on the PS4.
    Oh I was never under the illusion it was gong to be exclusive, it aint published by Sony, they can do what ever they want.
    Timed exclusivity in this case was more about Blow prioritizing than anything else.

Also:

"The basic box is definitely easier to develop for, and that goes a long way," he explained. "We spent a lot of time making sure that if you know how to write a game in DirectX in Windows, you already know how to write a game in Xbox One, and the games that are being written for Windows 8 that are using DX are porting really quickly to Xbox One. Like often in a day, maybe two, because the APIs are that similar.
    http://www.totalxbox.com/73688/you-c...day-in-theory/
    Now why wouldn't you bother porting?
    Last edited by mynd; 03-21-2014 at 07:48.

26. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Elder
    http://www.totalxbox.com/73688/you-c...day-in-theory/
    Now why wouldn't you bother porting?
    5 months after the console went on sale and a severe lack of new games to download, where are these (apparently easy to port) PC games. guess those 3mil+ owners are not worth bothering about.

Superior Member

Should be under the MS list.
    "parity clause" anyone?

So yes. I would say it is Sony's advantage

Superior Member

550 vs 200 "4 times"...he he he

Maybe 2.5 times.
    Article says 4 times means self published developer support. 1000 vs 250. he he he.

Thread Information