Latest PSU headlines:

Thread: A sterling job

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

A sterling job

Britain will get a new 1 coin in 2017 due to the large number of counterfeits in circulation.
    The Royal Mint estimates that 45million 1 coins - 3% of the total – are fake.

Today George Osborne, the Chancellor of the Exchequer, revealed that HM Treasury believes there is a strong case for introducing a new 1 coin to help reduce counterfeiting and ensure the integrity of the United Kingdom’s currency.

The Royal Mint has developed world-leading anti-counterfeiting technology which will enable Her Majesty’s Treasury to modernise the United Kingdom’s circulating currency with the production of a brand new 1 coin.

The Royal Mint has produced a prototype for a replacement 1 coin which utilises multiple layers of cutting edge technology and would allow the United Kingdom to rapidly reduce the rate of counterfeit coins entering general circulation.

The proposed 1 coin will be the most secure circulating coin in the world to date.

www.royalmint.com/aboutus/news/the-new-1-pound-coin
    Last edited by keefy; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:43.
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    That coin looks cool!

Speaking of fake money, my current town has a lot of fake benjamins floating around.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X

PSN ID
    welshboymick
    There's also going to be a competition based on who can design the "tails" side of the coin.

I'm so entering. Perhaps with a doge picture.

Mm..waffles..
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    It might just be the high res renders but it looks badass. lol
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Superior Member
    You would have thought if it's due in 2017 the render would have that on it and not 2014!!

I think I'm just being really anal there!!

Looks cool though, fake 1 are damn annoying. I've had a fair few in my time and generally you can tell it's a fake when it doesn't work in a vending machine or parking ticket machine.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I think I have 2 fake coins. I have 2 made in the exact same year, they have the same picture on the reverse but on one of them the inscription along the rim of the coin is readable with the head side up the other is head side down. Now all the other coins I have the inscription is readable head side up.
    The royal mint website doesn't mention anything about this though, just whether or not it is the correct wording. The only thing they mention about orientation is the Queen's head and the design on the back has to be the right way up when spun around.
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Thread Information