Thread: PS 4 stock

PSN ID
    matt1y77

PS 4 stock

I have been on a few gaming sites in the last week or so, and they all have news items saying "PS4 not going to be in stock till June" I was just wondering what your personal experience is when buying a PS4.

I live in northern England, and did not pre-order a PS4 at all, but I managed to walk into Game in the town center and pick one up on the 27/12/13. Yup the day after boxing day and I got one over the counter, no problems! So it seems mad to me that I managed to just walk into a shop in Yorkshire and buy one just after Christmas but Sony are saying they are struggling to cope.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by sharky742 View Post
    I have been on a few gaming sites in the last week or so, and they all have news items saying "PS4 not going to be in stock till June" I was just wondering what your personal experience is when buying a PS4.

I live in northern England, and did not pre-order a PS4 at all, but I managed to walk into Game in the town center and pick one up on the 27/12/13. Yup the day after boxing day and I got one over the counter, no problems! So it seems mad to me that I managed to just walk into a shop in Yorkshire and buy one just after Christmas but Sony are saying they are struggling to cope.
    You got lucky. Stock has been short everywhere. Sony said they should be at full stock by April. I bought a second PS4 last month (bought first one at launch) and had a hell of a time finding one.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    You got lucky. Stock has been short everywhere. Sony said they should be at full stock by April. I bought a second PS4 last month (bought first one at launch) and had a hell of a time finding one.
    Yep, IGN posted this report earlier:

It looks like Sony will be enjoying a 'Jingle all the Way' scenario until the American summer, as the company continues its struggle to keep up with demand for its latest console.

“We’re struggling to keep up with demand,” head of Sony’s PlayStation division Andrew House told The Wall Street Journal at this year's GDC. “Conservatively, as we get into the early summer months, we’ll be closer to a full supply situation.”
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Thread Information