Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    no you just called all who thinks your wrong liars
    Nope. You called anyone who didn't agree with your opinion that the game was AAA 'cracked'. What I responded was a short, succinct reply that my opinion was my honest view.

This is isn't rocket science to understand, although perhaps it is to some.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

PSN ID
    Marty7787
    I'm new to the series so wasn't quite sure what to expect, It's very repetitive, the swipe to release doors unlock those blue orb things, I found it very pointless, would much preferred it to have been on the R3 button instead. It's very easy as well, you can quite easily defeat the trucks (with the panels on the side) and the end battle for each region is again very easy, the can be defeated with doing a few moves.

I am enjoying playing it though and the graphics are excellent, it's a 7.5/8 from me.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    I keep going back and forth from smoke to neon. Really is a lot of fun to change it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty7787 View Post
    I'm new to the series so wasn't quite sure what to expect, It's very repetitive, the swipe to release doors unlock those blue orb things, I found it very pointless, would much preferred it to have been on the R3 button instead. It's very easy as well, you can quite easily defeat the trucks (with the panels on the side) and the end battle for each region is again very easy, the can be defeated with doing a few moves.

I am enjoying playing it though and the graphics are excellent, it's a 7.5/8 from me.
    I disagree about the swipe. Works fine, imo. Not sure why pushing a button would make any difference. And the trucks with the panels on the side are not the challenge. It is forces guarding it. Maybe I'm not following you here. I agree that the region battle is a bit too easy. It really isn't that much different than taking on a troop carrier truck. Occasionally, there is a copter or a dude with a mini-gun, but both are taken out with a few rocket shots. Regardless, I enjoy the battles. I pick fights with trucks every time that roll by even though they are ignoring me.

I gave it a 9 and I'm pretty much sticking with that.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    +Various powers are fun and provide different play-styles
    +Characters are humorous and likeable
    +The city is beautiful, especially at night
    +A cool mix of alternative rock and post-rock for the soundtrack

-Side missions/activities are mostly repetitive filler, which takes up half the game
    -Very little interaction with the city's populace
    -The plot lacked intrigue

Verdict: A solid, fun action experience that lacks depth and variety.

7/10

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    Everyone else? Didn't realise I was the only person saying the game isn't AAA.
    You really don't realize it, do you?

You are cracked if you dont think this is a aaa game.
    I'm honest
    You don't think the game is AAA so you're "honest," while someone else who may think the game is AAA is, well, dishonest.

Or did you mean to say "I'm just being honest" meaning you really don't think it's AAA personally vs what you said which means something else.

--

EDIT

Nope. You called anyone who didn't agree with your opinion that the game was AAA 'cracked'. What I responded was a short, succinct reply that my opinion was my honest view.

Ah, hmm, okay I see where you were coming from now, but your initial response didn't seem any different than his. He called anyone who didn't think the game was AAA material cracked while you implied anyone who didn't say otherwise was being dishonest.
    Last edited by sainraja; 03-30-2014 at 21:13.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144

I didn't call you a liar I said you were crazy.... it is a figure of speech.

tapatalk post

PSN ID
    Marty7787
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I keep going back and forth from smoke to neon. Really is a lot of fun to change it up.

I disagree about the swipe. Works fine, imo. Not sure why pushing a button would make any difference. And the trucks with the panels on the side are not the challenge. It is forces guarding it. Maybe I'm not following you here. I agree that the region battle is a bit too easy. It really isn't that much different than taking on a troop carrier truck. Occasionally, there is a copter or a dude with a mini-gun, but both are taken out with a few rocket shots. Regardless, I enjoy the battles. I pick fights with trucks every time that roll by even though they are ignoring me.

I gave it a 9 and I'm pretty much sticking with that.
    The R3 thing is just a personal preference. I find it awkward using the touch pad and it just feels forced having to use it instead of just using the push button on something you're already using.

For me, the game is too easy and truck battles & region battles are just an example of this, you can power up that thing where you need to do 5 or 6 good things, run to the truck, do that move (where he flies up in the air), and you have virtually done the truck battle already, run round a bit, spray paint a few things, collect a few of those mini flying things, and you're onto the final region battle which is a repeat of the truck battle.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, it's just going to have little to keep me interested and little replay value for me.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    You really don't realize it, do you?
    An average metacritic score of 80 is not AAA. The game is really more of the same. It's good to play but does not do anything new.
    Ah, hmm, okay I see where you were coming from now, but your initial response didn't seem any different than his. He called anyone who didn't think the game was AAA material cracked while you implied anyone who didn't say otherwise was being dishonest.
    My opinion is just that. Not talking for anyone else, pretty sure they are big and ugly enough to fight their own battles and pitch their own views. Some people like to look through rose tinted glasses where their console of choice is concerned, some perhaps require less to make a game AAA in their book than others do. Horses for courses, but at the end of this gen I think very few will be claiming inFAMOUS SS was a triple A game.

​aka Sparc

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    An average metacritic score of 80 is not AAA. The game is really more of the same. It's good to play but does not do anything new.

My opinion is just that. Not talking for anyone else, pretty sure they are big and ugly enough to fight their own battles and pitch their own views. Some people like to look through rose tinted glasses where their console of choice is concerned, some perhaps require less to make a game AAA in their book than others do. Horses for courses, but at the end of this gen I think very few will be claiming inFAMOUS SS was a triple A game.
    Yeah, I've always considered AAA games to be games that have a metacritic score of 90 or above. I always thought that was kind of standard. But maybe not.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    AAA means production value. COD is considered AAA for no other reason then they dump money into it

tapatalk post

AAA means production value. COD is considered AAA for no other reason then they dump money into it

tapatalk post
    Well, then it depends on the context. As far as production value, yes. I think Sparc is talking about ratings. That is what I am referring to as well.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Well, then it depends on the context. As far as production value, yes. I think Sparc is talking about ratings. That is what I am referring to as well.
    Then that would mean candy crush would be aaa lol

tapatalk post

Forum Sage

I wasn't arguing whether inFAMOUS is AAA or not; there is a clear disagreement about whether it is, which is where I come in and as I said before, it seemed like you were calling those who don't consider the same as you dishonest. I was trying to get clarity. Anyhow, based on the little research I did -- AAA use to stand for critical success, innovation and financial success with each A standing for one part (first A meant critical sucess); but now, not so much.....as I state below.

Yeah, I've always considered AAA games to be games that have a metacritic score of 90 or above. I always thought that was kind of standard. But maybe not.
    AAA is now defined by budget - at least in a lot of places that use the term; otherwise you wouldn't have companies like Ubisoft talking about their next big AAA title (they can't know how the game will be received beforehand.)

---

"As the years progressed and during the new millennium, many publishers started to consider their games to be AAA even before their release,[4][10][11] and justifying this decision through huge development and marketing budgets.[12] This lead to a misrepresentation of the AAA title, since not all games with an huge budget (specially for consoles), are either a financial success, critical success or have innovative gameplay."

If the meaning of AAA was clear, we wouldn't be having this discussion and it wouldn't be a documented thing.

So, there are going to be people who may consider the game otherwise, they are not being dishonest....or cracked, or whatever term you want to throw at them to disregard their opinion.

True or not, we shouldn't throw labels at people to paint them into a corner. We're all different people.
    Last edited by sainraja; 03-30-2014 at 23:01.

Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    8/10 for me, fun game, though too damn short.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    OregonViking
    Quote Originally Posted by Effekt View Post
    Anymore opinions on this? Is it better than the first 2? I can only get one new game and I don't want to regret it >_<
    I platinumed it very quickly. If you are looking for long term replay value, this isn't your game. If you are looking for an awesome experience, beautiful 1080p, feeling like a badass superhero for about 40 hours... Infamous Second son is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    I wasn't arguing whether inFAMOUS is AAA or not; there is a clear disagreement about whether it is, which is where I come in and as I said before, it seemed like you were calling those who don't consider the same as you dishonest. I was trying to get clarity. Anyhow, based on the little research I did -- AAA use to stand for critical success, innovation and financial success with each A standing for one part (first A meant critical sucess); but now, not so much.....as I state below.

AAA is now defined by budget - at least in a lot of places that use the term; otherwise you wouldn't have companies like Ubisoft talking about their next big AAA title (they can't know how the game will be received beforehand.)

---

"As the years progressed and during the new millennium, many publishers started to consider their games to be AAA even before their release,[4][10][11] and justifying this decision through huge development and marketing budgets.[12] This lead to a misrepresentation of the AAA title, since not all games with an huge budget (specially for consoles), are either a financial success, critical success or have innovative gameplay."

If the meaning of AAA was clear, we wouldn't be having this discussion and it wouldn't be a documented thing.

So, there are going to be people who may consider the game otherwise, they are not being dishonest....or cracked, or whatever term you want to throw at them to disregard their opinion.

True or not, we shouldn't throw labels at people to paint them into a corner. We're all different people.
    I get what AAA means to industry folks. On forums it could mean different things. Like you said, needs to be clear what we are talking about.

Forum Elder
    8.5 out of 10 for the weaker story outcome on evil.

The gameplay, fun factor, and graphics are a 10 though. This game is pure badassery. I made that word up for this game because it deserves it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by chrisw26308; 03-31-2014 at 01:05.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    I just finished is with clearing all the zones being a hero...... only people with no life would find this game short lol I spent hours in it... a damn sight longer then any god of war game. The replay value is as high as the others because it depends on if you sometimes just want ti be a super hero for a few hours. .... my opinion.

tapatalk post

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    8.5 out of 10 for the weaker story outcome on evil.

The gameplay, fun factor, and graphics are a 10 though. This game is pure badassery. I made that word up for this game because it deserves it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Lol I work with a guy that uses that word lol you being the only person other then him using it is funny

tapatalk post

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    AAA loses any value if the definition morphs over time to something a large percentage of games achieve. It should be reserved for the cream of the cream. AAA should be something that is meaningful to gamers. How much a game cost to make does not give an indication of how good it is (was Duke Nukem Forever the best AAA ever?!). Innovation and financial success are much better indicators of a game's value to the gaming fraternity.

​aka Sparc

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    AAA loses any value if the definition morphs over time to something a large percentage of games achieve. It should be reserved for the cream of the cream. AAA should be something that is meaningful to gamers. How much a game cost to make does not give an indication of how good it is (was Duke Nukem Forever the best AAA ever?!). Innovation and financial success are much better indicators of a game's value to the gaming fraternity.
    Here us a idea how about if the game is fun we say that instead of trying to label it so people feel better about not having it

tapatalk post

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Here us a idea how about if the game is fun we say that instead of trying to label it so people feel better about not having it

tapatalk post
    The game IS fun. I think I've said that at least a gazillion times in this thread. It's fun but it's not the pinnacle of gaming. It's a good, solid game which will be the staple diet for gamers this gen (if we have a lot of solid games then we're doing well). Every now and then we'll get a real corker of a game that blows everyone away with its prowess and drives change to the genre going forward. This isn't one of those it's just a good solid game.

Which takes me all the way back to my original point that this game is not AAA (in my honest view) to which you then exclaimed I was cracked. Just to be clear I didn't take any offence to your comment but instead wanted to defend the point I was making.

​aka Sparc

23. Likes Ixion likes this post
    Superior Member
    I'm 50% through the Good karma campaign. I give it an 8 based on my experience thus far. As far as I'm concerned, the Metacritic and its user reviews line up well.
    Mouth Pounding since 95'

Finished last night on the good karma. going to start playing through the evil side tonight. Want to platinum this thing.

Forum Overseer
    cost and production values are two different things. it's also not about ratings (but generally they end up having higher ratings) or sales (but that also ends up being well at least).

otherwise we could call Flower AAA or Geometry Wars AAA. They're not. They can't be because they're small games. but they have high ratings and they also have high sales relative to other network titles.

AAA just implies that the game "shows" high production values.

Right now Infamous is the prettiest open-box game out there. In that aspect, it's AAA, they spent money on getting it to look nice. Story-wise it may not be, gameplay-wise, I haven't played it so I don't know.

Point is, presentation-wise and graphics-wise, it seems AAA. the rest is subjective.

"The presentation is magnificent." - Gamesradar

Thread Information