Latest PSU headlines:

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Funds added to my account!

So I woke up this morning to two e-mails saying that I had apparently added two sets of 30 to my account with my debit card totaling 60 while I was sleeping. Sure enough I logged onto my PlayStation account and it showed my current balance as 60. I also checked my bank account and it confirmed it too.

I have now removed my card details from my account and also changed the login details too. I have been on the phone to Sony and given them my details as well as the serial number for the console. They said they will have to pass it along to their team in charge of transactions. I now have to wait to hear from them.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Should I expect them to refund me? The 60 is just sitting in my PlayStation Wallet and whoever put it on there didn't spend it on anything so I'm hoping it will be a simple enough process of taking it off my account and reversing the charges!
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    No I have not but sounds very fishy. I would call Sony and talk to them. They will probably refund it.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Veteran
    Check with your bank (the one that issued you the debit card) to see who or how the transaction was submitted. That should reveal something or at the very least help you determine if you need to get a new card issued to you.

Veteran
    Have never heard of such a thing but yeah you should take it to both Sony and your bank in order to resolve this issue. That is the main reason why I always delete/remove credit/debit card info from every single account I use. I rather type them in each time a make a purchase then be victim of online rob.

This happened to me but the bastard bought battlefield with the 60. Even though I proved to Sony it wasn't me or any other console I own they still didn't refund me. They said account security is up to me. So I'm 60 out of pocket and Sony couldn't care less.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Crisis averted, Sony refunded me and the money is back in my account.
    Honestly wasn't expecting that after some of my dealings with them in the past.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Only problem I had was when they added FF6 to the store and it was REALLY slow that day and when I added funds it went through twice. I just use PSN cards now or paypal, best to keep card details off.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Only problem I had was when they added FF6 to the store and it was REALLY slow that day and when I added funds it went through twice. I just use PSN cards now or paypal, best to keep card details off.
    This is what I will be doing in the future.

PSN ID
    Ajax_Minjer
    That happened to me before, I wasn't expecting it so it is better if you complain to them? Get them to sort it out because when this happened, it's a bit dodgy.

Thread Information