Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195

Founder of WBC Fred Phelps Dies at age 84

(CNN) -- Fred Phelps -- the founding pastor of a Kansas church known for its virulently anti-gay protests at public events, including military funerals -- has died, the church said Thursday.

The 84-year-old died of natural causes at 11:15 p.m. Wednesday, according to church spokesman Steve Drain.

Phelps founded Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kansas, in 1955 and molded it in his fire-and-brimstone image. Many members of the small congregation are related to Phelps through blood or marriage.

In a statement Thursday, the church chided the "world-wide media" for "gleefully anticipating the death."

"God forbid, if every little soul at the Westboro Baptist Church were to die at this instant, or to turn from serving the true and living God, it would not change one thing about the judgments of God that await this deeply corrupted nation and world."

According to Westboro, the church has picketed more than 53,000 events, ranging from Lady Gaga concerts to funerals for slain U.S. soldiers. Typically, a dozen or so church members -- including small children -- will brandish signs that say "God Hates Fags" and "Thank God for Dead Soldiers."

Phelps was often called "the most hated man in America," a label he seemed to relish.

"If I had nobody mad at me," he told the Wichita Eagle in 2006, "what right would I have to claim that I was preaching the Gospel?"
    Link: http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/20/us/wes...-founder-dead/

He's gone, the one who spewed verbal diarrhea like none other across the land; wondered when he'd kick the can. Listening to his speeches or sermons, you could just feel the evil oozing from his spirit like no one else that I can recall. On the flip side, some of his lines and comments were hilarious from clips of him talking to media or documentarians. I remember people saying that when Fred Phelps dies, everyone should picket his funeral by the many thousands but there won't be one which sucks because that would have been interesting.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    whenever i hear/see his name i just think of this picture

Friendship is Carrots
    This hateful old man does not deserve any attention. I wish everyone had overlooked his death.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    This hateful old man does not deserve any attention. I wish everyone had overlooked his death.
    I made a boo boo then, lol jk.

If we overlook evil, evil will just run us all straight over. We should not ignore the wicked but point them out as the quote goes "All it takes for evil to win is for good people to do nothing."

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by hoverbike View Post
    I made a boo boo then, lol jk.

If we overlook evil, evil will just run us all straight over. We should not ignore the wicked but point them out as the quote goes "All it takes for evil to win is for good people to do nothing."
    People already know about this guy. This isn't "ignoring evil". It's choosing to not give further attention to this man and his little hate group that thrive off it.

Let's not make a spectacle of fools.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 03-25-2014 at 10:26.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

6. Likes Ezekiel, HellsJester , Christopher likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid

8. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post

Thread Information