Latest PSU headlines:

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195

What Video Game have you Dreamt about the most?

This isn't a thread about dreams in general again in which there are 4 other threads about but a question of what video game have you dreamt about (sleep dreams, not day-dreaming about them) the most. It can either be this year or your whole life.

For me, this is easy: Super Mario World. This was my first video game and played it starting at a very early age so its rooted to the deepest levels of my subconsciousness. I consider it to be the 6th best video game ever made and the best Mario game, SNES game, platformer game, and 2D game. So in that regard I think highly of it. I had dreams about the game early on and still do til this day (last night, lol). Almost all of these dreams had content or a difference from the original game because a major fantasy of mine was the possibility of editing the game any way you could imagine and I thought how amazing that would be back in the 90s and how the replay value would be infinite. I discovered that dream was a reality when FuSoYa created Lunar Magic, an editor. Its the greatest game editor and 3rd best piece of software. This has led to SMW becoming the most hacked video game and flourished a huge hacking following where almost 1000 hacks have been created since the beginning. I haven't yet taken full advantage of all the tools available but I enjoy watching videos of others playing the hacks and reading about the game as well. There have been 3 periods of high interest that happens with a lot of my hobbies (just a quirk) and I'm entering my 4th now. I have an increase in dreams about the game during these periods like now; so far this year I had 7-9 dreams about SMW including last night! I might even be at 10+. All time I estimate over 39 dreams. What I fancy the most are what are known as vanilla hacks which no new sprites or backgrounds are added and its just the regular elements the game already contains being edited...my dreams are almost all these types. I also notice focused and memorable parts of my dreams are on the overworld map because somehow I have an innate fascination with it like wanting some secret to be discovered. My best ideas for when I create my hack will certainly come from my dreams where a bunch are already established similar to when you have a nagging problem and dream the answer which throughout history led to some of the greatest breakthroughs.

2014: 9 Dreams (3 in January (2 in a row), 1 in February, 1-2 in March, 4 in April (7th, 10th, 17th, and 18th))
    2013: 8 Dreams (mostly in the Fall)
    All Time: 39+
    Last edited by hoverbike; 04-19-2014 at 08:44. Reason: Updated Dream Totals and Ranking

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    this is a tricky topic imo, i tend to forget my dreams rather quickly after waking

I guess i would say the one i remember most is Pokemon. Gotta catch'em all, after all

I don't tend to dream too much about gaming. But i do remember the pokemon days. I would be on my gameboy colour (booyah, "colour" was a freaking advertising tag line back in the day! ) all night trying to find a pokemon i wanted. i'd go to sleep and dream of ways to catch it. Sometimes catching it then waking up in dismay
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    I dreamt I was actually living Call of Duty playing S&D. Then I had another dream taking Snake's role in MGS3. I actually woke up with a slight raise in heartbeat because I had just got caught slippin' walking around a corner lol.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    I'm striving to get the platinum on AC4 at the minute so I keep dreaming about stuff from that, but my most dreamt video game as to be The Last of Us where I keep dreaming I am Joel lol
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitch ID: Duffman041986

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Formally known as:

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Items Battlefield 3AppleAvenged SevenfoldEA SportsJoker (limited ICON)Metallica
    I've always been such a gamer geek my favourite titles follow me into my sleep. Through the years I've had periods of Syphon Filter, Crash Bandicoot, MGS dreams.
    I was like the biggest guitar hero fanatic ever and had dreams that I was playing TTFATF on GH3 in front of all my friends and they were stupidly impressed cause I FC'd it. (Yeaaaah that's my subconscious idea of being cool)

The most vivid one I've ever had though, is actually a nightmare
    Albeit a little graphic, I'm not sure what was happening to my sadistic 10 year old (maximum) brain but it's one I'll never forget;

Normal scenario, nightmare luring you into a false sense of security..
    Boom, Kuma the bear from Tekken smashes into my house and literally kills my entire family with his moves but with blood and gore (the grapple move where he bear hugs you, gnaws at your neck, breaks your back and throws you).

Anyway having baring witness to this and stuff, my dream then went into a Tekken scenario with mine and kumas names at the top with health bars, round scored and a timer, and I kicked his $#@!in' ass! Haha.

PSN: LM-93
    Lets Play!
    PS4.

6. Likes hoverbike likes this post
    Apprentice

mario brothers.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    Quote Originally Posted by bru_sek View Post
    mario brothers.
    I was thinking the other day about this game that was the original Mario Bros. that was just called that...can't remember what system (Atari?). I can't imagine anyone having a dream let alone the most amount of the earliest obscure version of Mario.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't usually dream about games though I did make a thread about The Last of Us where I talked about finishing the game after having dreamed about convincing others to give it a chance. That happened around the new year.

A couple weeks ago, I had one about Chrono Trigger. I was observing what looked to be Guardia Forest only there were also the tents from the Millenial Fair in the area with a couple NPCs kneeling outside. I've completed it multiple times before but tend to leave the cartridge in my 3DS XL (the 3DS games I own are digital) so I guess my brain picked up on seeing it so many times.

As for older dreams, I was really into the GTA III era when I was younger with GTA III being my favorite game to play and had a dream about Greasy Joe's diner in Callahan Point. I loved to roleplay in that game which sometimes included driving one of the cars parked in that area to the car crusher in Harwood.

Suicide Season
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I don't often dream about games either but when I played through the Walking Dead game that gave me some really weird dreams, especially about the choices you make in it as well, it actually made me feel weird for a few days because the dreams affected me that much.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    A friend of mine had a psychedelic dream about Tales if Symphonia and "The Seal to End All Seals". I think there was a ToS-binge involved...

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Oblivion.

I remember for the first week of playing it I would dream that I could simply hit a button and skip time. I loved the ability to simply skip time to be done with work. I was so into the game, I always wished I could just skip past sleeping and be rested up and ready to play the game some more.

Indiana Jones and The Emperor's Tomb. I loved it back when I was a kid.
    "They're messing with the wrong people."

Ultimate Veteran
    I had a dream today that I was watching footage for a Metroid game. It was a side-scroller and Samus was running to the right. She then stopped to face me and the camera, or my view, was pretty close; you could see her eyes through the helmet's visor though I couldn't make out if she was wearing her Power Suit or Varia Suit as the visuals were rough, like an N64 title. I'm thinking it was the former. I know it wasn't her Gravity or Fusion suit because the colors didn't match. Some words also came into view but like a lot of dreams I couldn't read it.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 04-13-2014 at 19:02.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I used to dream about Resident Evil, mainly RE1. I used to redream the first cinematic in which Jill meets the first zombie.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Years ago, I played Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father, that game gave me wicked, vivid, nightmares.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    Interesting reading the responses. I updated my first post to change the ranking of Super Mario World from the 7th best game ever made to 6th. I realized there wasn't really a good game before SMW for 6th because in my mind I just assumed 7th for some reason lol. I have also had an additional 4 dreams about SMW this month alone which is a lot and getting more frequent!! They were on the 7th, 10th, 17th, and 18th (two in a row since last night). That brings the yearly total to 9 so far and 39 for all time. I keep becoming more impressed with the game the more I read and find out, which to my amazement never seems to end (always learn new things about it after a lifetime of knowing most of everything). A key reason for this that I thought about and heard elsewhere was the game's mechanics...so fine tuned and involved. I would also say its the best entertainment in a file size of the ROM being only 0.5 MB and the best efficiency with compression and all.

Anyone else dream about Super Mario World specifically? What are your feelings during the play and is there this feeling of wanting to discover more secrets/aspects?
    Last edited by hoverbike; 04-19-2014 at 09:09.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    I've dreamt about Zelda :Alttp. Only with a custom soundtrack. It'd be a group specializing in underground rap. Reminds me of Wu Tang only less G and more Nordic and with a medieval/dark ages theme. I used to listen to them a lot back in those days.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

PSN ID
    Dano141
    I dreamt that I was in Spira with tidus etc XD wole up feeling sad lmao

Thread Information