Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

Uprising 1.8 is AMAZING

I just specced into Min scout again and went and guarded an objective with my nova knives and cloak. It was pure win. Cloak is so cool, it's easy to get to your main weapon and start unloading, hacking while cloaked rocks, the new downtime meters for items are cool, you can now see how much cooldown your cloak and scanner have without having to have it active. Scouts are awesome, especially the Minmatar with it's AMAZING stamina regen, 2nd equipment slot and extra high slot. Will give more impressions when I'm back home from work and have played some more.

Share your thoughts!

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    I don't like that they dropped the damage of some weapons. The Scrambler rifle (auto) shot spitball before 1.8 anyways. It's basically a feather cannon....might as well shoot Nyan Cats from there :Snicker

actually, a nyan cannon might actually be too awesome!

Still disappointed by the lack of BPO's.

CCP must really not want my money! Basic level BPO's are all i ask for CCP! why you deny me!?

played a round early this morning. The new Suits definitely make the maps feel more populated, and most importantly, varied. You aren't shooting the exact same Amarr heavy 10 times outta 10.

Cloaking isn't really my thing, but i've seen it put to good use in my limited playtime.

All in all. CCP FINALLY put decent content into their game! jeez man, now we have something to get stuck into. LET THE FACTION WARS COMMENCE!!!
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Holy moly are there a LOT of bugs haha. I mean most of what I've seen is stat based and will be hotfixed easily but it's kind of crazy. All in all a solid patch and strong step in the right direction. This makes me hungry for parity in weapons and vehicles though.

PSN ID
    Ranthop
    I love my new fittings, that's all I really have to say. CCP did alright this update

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Unaidedhippo5
    I enjoy 1.8. I love my ninja turtle Gal heavy.

Only huge issue I have is effing rail rifles. I was killed from full to zero health by a rail rifle from over 100 meters earlier. That $#@! has to go. I sent in a ticket about it cause that wasn't the first time it's happened. I believe RRs need drop off dmg or null dmg at 60m or so. No other weapon sept snipers and forges should shoot that far. My hmg comes no where close to 60+M and I'm at a constant disadvantage on most maps because of said rail rifles. Or they should be completely scrapped and reworked.

PSN: Unaidedhippo5 - Dust514:Ye Be Gods - FFXIV:ARR: Yeshua Insignia

PSN ID
    Ranthop
    Well in a sense, my opinion, the weapons in question weren't actually nerffed; yes CCP let us know by what percentage each weapon(Assault/Scrambler/Rail/Combat) they would be nerffed, but when you consider the new bonuses within each skill tree (Proficiency) you realize that once a weapon such as the Rail Rifle reaches level 5 it's the same as it was in 1.7

DUST 514 Reporter
    PSN ID
    Greenears514
    A charged viziam Scrambler Rifle can still OHK most scouts XD

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    I've been using the magsec for the sidearm challenge, and damn is it good. Hasn't slowed me down at all, I even sometimes do better with it than I do with the combat rifle. Only downside is the range, but it could easily be used as a primary weapon. I'm much more confident in my AV fit now. I am actually kind of going to miss using it now that the event is over.

PSN ID
    Ranthop
    1.8 is great 'n' all, but I'm ready for the new build of Dust514. I'm excited and anxious for what will be said come FanFest, there are still things in the game that need to be fixed/balanced in my opinion. The Flaylock Pistol and Plasma Cannon need better explosive range and so on, the harmony of the four main rifles (Assault/Rail/Combat/Scrambler) need to be 'perfected' and vehicle physics need to.. well.. actually make sense; Dropships should not blow up after lightly tapping a building or the ground and LAVs & HAVs should not be able to survive a fall from a 30 floor tower.

While I agree that the game needs to stray away from 'nerf/buff culture', this game still needs it and that's the bottom line. That aside I'd also like to see CCP come up with a system that separates Militia/Standard/Advanced/Prototype into their own individual game modes. New players are being turned away from the game because of 'stomping' from veteran players, in higher level gear. A system such as that needs to be implemented into Dust514.
    Last edited by Ranthop; 04-20-2014 at 22:59.

|| PSUGS Director ||
    Ranthop - Minmatar: Logi.Scout.Sentinel
    Ranthop II - Gallente: Commando.AssaultDropship

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranthop View Post
    1.8 is great 'n' all, but I'm ready for the new build of Dust514. I'm excited and anxious for what will be said come FanFest, there are still things in the game that need to be fixed/balanced in my opinion. The Flaylock Pistol and Plasma Cannon need better explosive range and so on, the harmony of the four main rifles (Assault/Rail/Combat/Scrambler) need to be 'perfected' and vehicle physics need to.. well.. actually make sense; Dropships should not blow up after lightly tapping a building or the ground and LAVs & HAVs should not be able to survive a fall from a 30 floor tower.

While I agree that the game needs to stray away from 'nerf/buff culture', this game still needs it and that's the bottom line. That aside I'd also like to see CCP come up with a system that separates Militia/Standard/Advanced/Prototype into their own individual game modes. New players are being turned away from the game because of 'stomping' from veteran players, in higher level gear. A system such as that needs to be implemented into Dust514.
    Love the sig!

CCP needs to get all the content in the game and then start proper balancing cause you can't really balance anything until you have the whole picture. This is why we have the 'nerf/buff' culture; it's patchwork balancing based on only a sector of the full roster. I agree though.

The NPE needs to improve and is what is 'at the heart' of what CCP is doing but I'm not sure you can break down game modes to different suits because you can't really control what people choose for a fitting and when you do you take away one of the core elements of the game (sandbox battlefield). A MUCH longer stay in Academy would be a good start, better tutorials and a PvE mode would help greatly, give people a chance to try gear and get familiar with it without the loss of fighting in pubs. Tiered matchmaking has been suggested with >5 mill, 5-10 mill, 10-20 mill etc etc which would make more sense.

Bring on FF!

PSN ID
    Ranthop
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    The NPE needs to improve and is what is 'at the heart' of what CCP is doing but I'm not sure you can break down game modes to different suits because you can't really control what people choose for a fitting and when you do you take away one of the core elements of the game (sandbox battlefield). A MUCH longer stay in Academy would be a good start, better tutorials and a PvE mode would help greatly, give people a chance to try gear and get familiar with it without the loss of fighting in pubs. Tiered matchmaking has been suggested with >5 mill, 5-10 mill, 10-20 mill etc etc which would make more sense.
    NPE, yeah that could be better(Network Processing Engine i assume, i'm not familiar with the acronym so i looked up a list).
    It is possible to "break down game modes" by fittings, sorry for referencing Call of Duty again, but in Black Ops II there was this thing called League which was a semi-pro-online circuit sort of thing idk. Anyway, depending on what game mode you chose to play certain equipment, weapons, etc would be BANNED and you could not use these items. Something similar could work in Dust514, maybe not every class of gear could be separated into it's own thing, but at they could do it with Militia and Proto gear.
    I would like to see the duration of time spent in the Academy increased though and "Tiered matching" wouldn't be bad either.

And thnx I like my sig too!

|| PSUGS Director ||
    Ranthop - Minmatar: Logi.Scout.Sentinel
    Ranthop II - Gallente: Commando.AssaultDropship

Thread Information