Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I $#@!ed up. There’s no two ways around that. I $#@!ed up in multiple ways. It wasn’t just one $#@!up – it was a series of them, some because I’m stupid and some because I didn’t know what was going on.

When I posted yesterday at GAF about the various happenings within Sony the point of what I was trying to write is that they weren’t connected or part of a bigger conspiracy. The mistake I made was that I was loose with gossip in trying to make my point. I wasn’t focused on that, I was focused on my larger point and as such I failed as writer/poster. Late last night I talked with a friend of Col Rodgers and we cleared things up.

When i woke up this morning I didn’t go to gaf. I had no idea the post was still going. I had no idea that Col had posted there. I had no idea about anything, really. I did some stuff on the site. I was feeling awful about how big that post had blown up (mostly from the conversation with col’s friend which made it far more personal and gave me a much better understanding of how my irresponsibility could hurt someone). I made a tweet, that was intentionally cheeky, about resigning as a “GAF Insider.” The reason it was cheeky was because I’ve always thought of the entire notion of being a “GAF Insider” was silly and to make some sort of official announcement that was very serious would just make me look like a stuck up $#@!. So that’s $#@! up number 2. Or 3. I don’t know how many I was at this point. What I had no clue is that Col Rodgers had posted on GAF. That people were waiting for a response from me. So my cheeky tweet became the response…. and I had no idea.

At this point, still completely oblivious, I’m going through my email and I see an email from Col Rodgers. He explained why he left. He explained his situation with his son (something that was never even mentioned to me by anyone I talked to). He gave me what I now believe to be the facts of the situation. I wrote him back and apologized to him. I told him I didn’t mean to smear him, I wish him and his son well. He wrote back explaining how what I wrote could potentially hurt him so I responded (paraphrased, i don’t have the email in front of me) “Well I was planning on apologizing on my podcast since that would be video, voice, body language, etc and would hopefully express that it was sincere. ” But decided to also appologize on twitter now since I’m not sure if Rich and I are doing a show tonight, tomorrow, sunday… or possibly later. So I tweeted the apology and someone responded “Too late, Evilore already danced on your grave.”

Curious to what he meant I went to GAF. I got a message saying I had a lifetime ban for being a “faux insider” who handled himself poorly when proven wrong. I can’t argue with that. I totally handled myself poorly after being proven wrong on GAF. What I can say, in my defense, is I had *ZERO* idea that I had been proven wrong on GAF so my actions afterwards like my cheeky tweet was not in any way a response to GAF. I had no idea of anything that was happening at GAF.

This isn’t a plea to get my GAF account back – my cheeky tweet was me making the decision that I need to stop making posts like I did. I enjoy talking about videogames – a lot, and sometimes have info to offer that is pertinent to the topic at hand. That info by and large has been correct – hence my not getting banned once before now. This time it was not. I feel awful. I’ve felt awful since yesterday. It was that awful feeling that made me decide that I need to stop posting $#@! like that on GAF. It isn’t helpful. People will bend truth, rumors, things that are completely false, and whatever else to fit their narrative. And when I’m not careful I can seriously $#@! with people’s lives and I don’t like that. So the GAF ban is fine. I’m better off as a lurker. I did want to clarify the order in which things happened though. Because I can be an asshole, but I wouldn’t make that cheeky post as a response to someone like Col on GAF. Col seems like a great guy and I really feel for him and his son. I apologize again for any harm I caused.

-Pete Dodd
    http://doddscientifics.wordpress.com...it-of-clarity/

Whichever way you spin it, like a lot of these insiders, they take a smidgen of truth/rumor then proceed to wrap it up in their own ideas.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    he $#@!ed up bad

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Oh wow, Pete you dun f'd up son

I was astonished yesterday when I read that Stig spent nearly 100mil with nothing to show for it. Now I guess we won't know if that was the truth or not. As far as Amy and Richmond are concerned, I also think it was a matter of egos

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post

Whichever way you spin it, like a lot of these insiders, they take a smidgen of truth/rumor then proceed to wrap it up in their own ideas.
    We can't believe ANY FUD from now.

Stick to only things straight from the company or established sources (well even then - see IGN).

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Superior Member

Hmm. I am growingly being more skeptical of them. Do we have anyone with reliable records?

There are just too many for me to keep track of them.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    lol. ok no more insider $#@!.

we need to make a list of the insiders and keep track how many truth vs bull$#@! they posted haha

Power Member
    Items User name style
    I don't think he did $#@! up, its just he expressed his ideas, and people took it as insider info.
    Thuway is also guilty of it. I've mentioned this before.
    They need to clearly define "my thoughts" vs "insider info", these guys are guilty of it all the time.

Hell even when I suggested the link between Col and redundancies I said it was pure conjecture, and people know I have jack all insider knowledge at all . ( Clearly in this case)

These guys do get the odd nugget of insider info every now and then.
    Last edited by mynd; 03-28-2014 at 22:33.

8. Likes Captncoke49, Mael Duin likes this post
    Forum Elder
    Learned a lesson, we all make mistakes through life. At least he manned up about it, I can respect that.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Who the $#@! is pete dodd anyway?

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Who the $#@! is pete dodd anyway?
    Alice's bother.

Forum Overseer
    so what exactly did he $#@! up again?

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    it is all here

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1393
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Power Member
    Items User name style
    He done said $#@! as an insider that was wrong, but worse than that he actually tainted someones reputation with it.
    While the former happens all the time, the latter is kind of important not to be doing.
    In truth he probably could get in $#@! for what he said about Hennig and Stig also.

Forum Overseer
    ok but what about the rest of his stuff? he didn't defy the rest.

EDIT: all this drama sheesh.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    ok but what about the rest of his stuff? he didn't defy the rest.

EDIT: all this drama sheesh.
    So we believe the rest of his stuff based on what? Until Stig responds? Till Henning sues him?

Why should they be forced to come out and deny stuff?

Forum Overseer
    So we believe the rest of his stuff based on what? Until Stig responds? Till Henning sues him?

Why should they be forced to come out and deny stuff?
    oh no i agree that he's probably making most of his $#@! up because if you read his wordings carefully, he is trying to make logic out of things rather than actually saying that they happened.

but my question is...what about that 100m game...wasn't that true? anyway, i don't know who came up with that or what's really going on...

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Well all I can say is spending 100m for no results seems a bit hard to believe.

Forum Overseer
    of course it is, but it is also possible that those assets were tangible. yeah, if you've spent 100m, you might as well release the game...if it's anything like destiny, $#@! you gotta winner there. why so scared? so yeah, it doesn't make sense but i was under the impression that they would end up using the work for another game. change it up a bit.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Libel case

Ultimate Veteran
    Yup, I was right, Sony is doomed.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Yep, don't believe everything you hear from gaf....lol I think all the insiders are total fakes. Thuway a.k.a Cboat 2.0 should be next.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Not even House would have guessed Nephrotic Syndrome. So sad, hope his kids life isn't too terrible.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Not even House would have guessed Nephrotic Syndrome. So sad, hope his kids life isn't too terrible.
    Yeah, not nice at all, its times like these I am reminded how blessed I am to have 3 healthy kids, even if they are currently fighting at the kitchen table.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Yep, don't believe everything you hear from gaf....lol I think all the insiders are total fakes. Thuway a.k.a Cboat 2.0 should be next.
    lol.....you'd be quoting them in a heartbeat if they were singing MS praises, dude. We all know this. "lol @ fool.com", remember?
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

26. Likes Malt, AttackTitan, PS4freak likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Damn. That's terrible for him. It sucks that these guys feel they have to save their name when someone talks out of their ass. I don't know if Dodd acted as of this was insider info or not. Either way being in his position where many hang on his every word because he is an insider should have clarified. Would have been so much better so this doesn't have to save face on the internet and divulge his tough life moments.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Thread Information